5 minutes of Firefight

Atroxx70

Wow, that playing field is pretty huge. Obviously because of the drop ships that fly in, but still - pretty damn huge.

Would make for a nice symmetrical matchmaking map if Bungie decided to not make this Firefight only. Dunno.

Looks awesome, wish that they had some gameplay of snipers.

That bubble shield looks awesome but maybe only in Firefight.

Yeah I think this is the first we've seen of the Bubble Shield in action. The guy put one down in the middle of the map pretty late in the game and it got destroyed shortly after. Anyone see what blew it up? I was hoping it would be invincible like Halo3's Bubble, but I guess not. I agree with you though, I really only see this as being useful in Firefight. Having basically unlimited health packs would really be a huge help.

Yeah I think this is the first we've seen of the Bubble Shield in action. The guy put one down in the middle of the map pretty late in the game and it got destroyed shortly after. Anyone see what blew it up? I was hoping it would be invincible like Halo3's Bubble, but I guess not. I agree with you though, I really only see this as being useful in Firefight. Having basically unlimited health packs would really be a huge help.

i thought the bubble dissapeared cause the hunter lunged and killed the 'shield maker' (player who put it up) is that the part you were referring too?

i thought the bubble dissapeared cause the hunter lunged and killed the 'shield maker' (player who put it up) is that the part you were referring too?

Could be, but I was thinking the shield went down first, I'll go watch it again and edit post.

Edit: Looks like you're right. It's kind of hard to tell, but it appears the Hunter stepped inside the Bubble and smacked the player. Bubble pops as soon as he died.

Edited by Atroxx70

Could be, but I was thinking the shield went down first, I'll go watch it again and edit post.

Edit: Looks like you're right. It's kind of hard to tell, but it appears the Hunter stepped inside the Bubble and smacked the player. Bubble pops as soon as he died.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was cause the FEMALE (just had to put that since I don't think we've see this (besides Kat) and we got to hear female gunts as she took damage ;)) Spartan player got killed.

Bungie did say that the shield will weaken when taking damage. The shield they threw down right before they get killed lasted about 15 sec or so and I didn't really see it take any damage.

Also noticed how they really powered down the Stalker ability from the Beta, unless your camping or moving very slowly you are totally visible when moving at a normal pace.

And Firefight is timed matches now instead of goes forever until you quit or die, I suppose that is also a customizable aspect to it but I found it interesting.

Edited by SAM 602

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was cause the FEMALE (just had to put that since I don't think we've see this (besides Kat) and we got to hear female gunts as she took damage ;)) Spartan player got killed.

Bungie did say that the shield will weaken when taking damage. The shield they threw down right before they get killed lasted about 15 sec or so and I didn't really see it take any damage.

Also noticed how they really powered down the Stalker ability from the Beta, unless your camping or moving very slowly you are totally visible when moving at a normal pace.

And Firefight is timed matches now instead of goes forever until you quit or die, I suppose that is also a customizable aspect to it but I found it interesting.

Yeah but we only saw it from the players perspective, not everyone elses. In my opinion the Stalker class was shit in the beta as it was and if they nerfed it further it's looking to be about the most useless AA there is. The first time I used it in the beta, I turned it on while behind cover, ran out in the open and immediately got sniped from across the map. Never touched it again.

Yeah but we only saw it from the players perspective, not everyone elses. In my opinion the Stalker class was shit in the beta as it was and if they nerfed it further it's looking to be about the most useless AA there is. The first time I used it in the beta, I turned it on while behind cover, ran out in the open and immediately got sniped from across the map. Never touched it again.

True it was players perspective but we kinda got to see her and hear her.

I don't know, I think I used the Stalker AA the most I never had an issue with it. I thought it was over powered cause you were still pretty invisible when moving and you had radar jammer. I found it the easiest to use cause everyone would focus on my teammates and run right past the semi-invisible person that is now behind them stabbing them in the neck.

While they might've nerfed it a bit more, I noticed that you're no longer completely deaf when it's engaged. :)

Edited by Kraderic

True it was players perspective but we kinda got to see her and hear her.

I don't know, I think I used the Stalker AA the most I never had an issue with it. I thought it was over powered cause you were still pretty invisible when moving and you had radar jammer. I found it the easiest to use cause everyone would focus on my teammates and run right past the semi-invisible person that is now behind them stabbing them in the neck.

Personally I feel like the Jammer effect is what kills it. I guess they thought it was necessary for balancing purposes but I know for me personally it was like the Scrambler perk in MW2, all it did was raise my awareness that somebody was trying to sneak up on me. As long as I saw the Jammer effect, I paid much more attention to the environment around me and fired at anything out of the ordinary. It also helps knowing that the Stalker is in the center of the Jammer effect.

As long as I saw the Jammer effect, I paid much more attention to the environment around me and fired at anything out of the ordinary. It also helps knowing that the Stalker is in the center of the Jammer effect.

Thats why I would stay close to my teammates when using it:

1. They were more focused on the ones they could see.

2. The Radar Jammer also would help mask if there was two, three, or all four of us.

3. If I was caught alone in a building I would try to camp it out and if an enemy came in flip on the AA and what for them to search for me. Usually by then I'd be able to give a call to my teammates that I could use help and that radar jammer would help mask my back up.

It worked really well on power house slayer/CTF, I would chase someone up the stairs in the little building to the side with the shower in it with the gernade launcher and then I would flip on the jammer right before going in and up. But a teammate would be up there waiting to make their move.

A lot of this is def teamwork and communication, I just wish more people would use their mics correctly instead of flinging insults around or the little kid streaming in the mic, or the guy blasting music, or the guy that doesn't have AC so they have a fan blowing right in the mic, or the guy that.... the list goes on.

I can't wait to see everyone using the Hologram. I think that's gonna be the most popular at least when everyone first starts.

Edited by SAM 602