Devil of the Carribean Bugged.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing has been glitched for me but if this does i will be annoyed, i find these ships tough even with fully upgraded Jackdaw.

Except for la negra (?) I didn't have much of an issue with them, with a full upgraded ship.

And once I found the trick, she wasn't that hard either.

Stay behind her, ram her, mortar her, cannon her, but stay behind her.

1 think I will add. The last Legendary that I defeated was the Twins ... it took multiple attempts and I was able to loot 10,000 coins off 1 before getting Desync'd. My advice for anyone not wanting to take chances, is get the Twins out of the way first and then do the others.

I have to agree with this. I never did pop this on the 360 version, but after three attempts on the one, I beat the twins first by lowering their health equally before sinking one of them and using fire barrels to sink the last while it chased me with almost no health. The three others really were cake after that. I was hoping they'd spawn again for some easy $$$, but they don't.

Unlocked early for me. I took down the three single legendary ships then tackled the pair in the northeast of the map. Upon sinking one of the pair the achievement unlocked for me. I was desynchronized before sinking the second one. Technically I did sink 4 legendary ships there, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to happen.

Not sure I want to risk this now, have 3 outta the 4 ships defeated. Beat the Twins second and got the glitch were I couldn't collect the loot from one of them so I know am screwed :(

Edit

Just got it there, turned on some cheats so the game wouldn't save my progress in case it glitched on me and I would have no ships left to beat!

I would suggest anyone else to the same just to be on the safe side. That way u can keep trying till u get the achievement : )

Now to go beat the big Bastard again for more money!

Edited by SoloistProdigy

Not sure I want to risk this now, have 3 outta the 4 ships defeated. Beat the Twins second and got the glitch were I couldn't collect the loot from one of them so I know am screwed :(

Edit

Just got it there, turned on some cheats so the game wouldn't save my progress in case it glitched on me and I would have no ships left to beat!

I would suggest anyone else to the same just to be on the safe side. That way u can keep trying till u get the achievement : )

Now to go beat the big Bastard again for more money!

But the achievement won't pop anyway with cheats activated no?

• 4 weeks later...

So it looks like I have no option but to replay then? This is ridiculous. I have to either complete at least 70 challenges to unlock the god-mode cheat (which I'm still not sure will even work), or grind out all the money and resources to fully upgrade the ship again. FFS. It looks like we are in the minority, so I'm not hopeful that Ubi is going to do anything about fixing this.

I'm thinking that I am going to try the "cheat method," but you are right, not much in the way of info out there. Based on TA, I have the impression that we are in the minority as there are a lot of folks who have been able to unlock it.

The problem with the cheat method is that you have to re-grind to fully upgrade the ship and turn on a cheat to prevent saving (in case it glitches). Or, do it with a lower ship, but complete 70 challenges to get the god-mode cheat. Both of these suck, and it doesn't guarantee that it will work.

I did read one theory that suggests that when you take on the ship that has mortars, that you have to have the final blow to sink it. In my game, I was trying to ram her when she sent up a volley. I think she wound up destroying herself (even though I did 99% of the damage), thus negating my kill without an opportunity to try again.

Edited by jimbo913

Just got it i think you only have to do the ship that it messed up on.As i did the ghost ship and then the mortar one and it popped after him.

Didnt have ship fully upgraded just hull armour,broadside cannons,round shot strength and swivel shot to max.And then put celestial navigation cheat on so it didn't save and went for it.

Interesting. So it remembers which ones you have done on a different save? I'm really wanting to get this done ASAP, good to know. I've been trying to figure out what is the best/fastest method, cheating without the upgrades or upgrading. Sounds like I can meet those two in the middle.

This exact thing just happened to me. It took a few attempts for me to beat the 4 ships and when I finally got it - no achievement. I got a message about unlocking the charged ram ability, got my 20000R but nothing else. The ships are all gone from the map and if I go into the progress tracker, under side activities, legendary ships, I have a check mark by all 4 of them denoting they are completed (each marked 1/1). Disappointed is an understatement because this wasn't easy...

This is the second achievement in the Xbox One version of this game that glitched on me. Master of the Caribbean was the other and they did eventually patch it so I'm hoping this one will be fixed in a future update.

It is aggravating to say the least. I would be finished with the single player portion if not for this. Between this and the fact that the DLC doesn't want to load (have to unplug from Live, then replug, and it is still spotty), this game needs to be addressed. I am playing a second time just to get this, but the amount of grinding is ridiculous. Between money and materials, this is taking forever. It has left a bit of a sour taste with me, because I did like the game. But I am ready to move on.