Mission 31

seVn fiRe

Hi guys,

this is my first post here, I'm german so I hope u can understand my english :D but let's get started:

I'm stuck on mission 31: I tried various tactics but just can't beat all the other Worms...

I tried killing some, I tried, first of all getting the three Boxes but nothing works, any1 got some tipps on how to do this?

What I did is first at start get the airstrike with a Blow Torch to get there. Then you get some damage thought. The next turn Jet Pack out of there get the health box and get into the 7 through the M for the Donkey. Stay deep in the 7. The next turn make a grinder where you got into the 7 so they won't go down and kill you. Then wait for sudden death and the other worms either Skip Go or shoot a little but you should be safe there. After the Sudden death plan your airstrike, that bomb and the donkey well so only few remain. After this burn your way out make a grinder and stay inside. Shoot the remaining worms with a little skill or Grenades and walk back in so you remain safe. If only 2 left near each other use Jet Pack get near shoot them with the Shotgun. It should work.

@ Infection: Aaaah ok there's sudden death on this map.. alright

I tried it a few times the way you mentioned it, but it never worked.. I didn't wait for sudden death 'Cause I didn't know that there was..

Ok I'll try this

Dammit same shit here... you're waiting 20 minutes, doing nothing and waiting for sudden death and then you get owned by a worm standing on the other side of the map using the bazooka -.-

mission 32-35 are also pretty hard.. oh my god :(

Missions 31-35 are way harder than the first 30.

I wish you only had to do the first 30 for the achievement, but then again it wouldn't be 'achieving' much lol.

32 and 33 aren't that bad since they are more puzzle based.

I just can not do 31, 34 or 35.

: (

Any tips would be great!

: D

EDIT: Just finished Mission 31 using Infections tip!

I got VERY lucky however, missed 2 worms with the Donkey, the enemy worm then put on the jetpack and flew directly into the water. LOL.

Edited by BanditBanks

It worked for me first time, I guess luck does play a big part.

Whether or not the enemy worms just skip or attempt to blast you.

I now have the Going Solo achievement!

I'd say that was a lot harder than the campaign in the first Worms, although I enjoyed this campaign a lot more.

ok this is how you beat 31.

first jetpack and get the health crate, then drill down into the hole where the airstrike is on the left side. quickly grab the crate when you fall down your gonna get shot next turn.

next turn start taking out the guy next to you with shotgun. then on your next turn after this finish him off with the shotgun.

now drill with the blow torch into the right wall down where you got the airstrike, on your next turn if you've open it up to where the waters below you on the edge, shoot across with your bazooka to open a hole.

now use either your last jetpack or ninja rope and go to the hole. now drill into to the wall with the torch towards the right until you get the crate with the donkey.

now you should be in the crate hole with no openings above you.

next turn use the donkey on the 2 far guys on the left, which are usually close together.

now what you want to do is wait in the hole where you got the donkey crate until the 3 worms on the right of the map crawl down the crack towards you. now once all 3 are in position put a girder up to get them all stuck.

now try to take out the last 2 worms towards the middle with the airstrike and bunker buster. if one survive make yout way left throw your little tunnle you came through until you find an opening, and then you your heatseeker to take out the last guy in the middle.

next just get above the worms stuck under the girder until the time runs out and he water rises, just be careful he enemy worms have one airstrike, so get them to use it on you when you have your magnet out and deflecting their bombs and you should win.

For my way you MUST get the donkey crate first turn and then the second turn the health crate + getting in the 7. The third turn you must place a vertical grinder to block the entrance. Then you must watch out how you place yourself and KEEP the airstrike, donkey, and the carbet bomb thingy. Then each turn wait maximum and 1 second before it's over do prod or something so you get a few seconds more. Try to trap the enemy worms with grinders too if possible. Place them in the last second of your turn.

If you make this till sudden death use the airstrike, donkey and the bomb to take out the worms. If any remain then blow a horizontal exit at the right side of the 7 and use the homing missile. Try this a few times if neccesary (idk how to spell that word:P) and if it still doesn't work I try to find you a video of it;)

Goodluck:) and remember the beginning is the most important.

Man this level is frustrating. I still haven't beaten it, but the method of jetpacking to the health and then over to the crate on the left gets me close.

One tip I might add is when tunneling over to the crate inside the "17", stay as low as possible. I found that if I tunneled too high up, the worms above would get agitated and start trying to get me, but if I tunneled low enough, they would leave me alone.

It is annoying waiting on sudden death, only to have the one of the last enemies take you out with a seemingly impossible bazooka shot just before you can finish them off.

I know eventually I will get it, but Zang, the AI precision is redonkulous at the worst possible times.

Oh, and another tip is when first tunneling down to get the crate on the left, tunnel up a bit first and then angle down. This makes the precision grenading less likely to get down into the hole and damage you. On one of my attempts, I got all the way to sudden death without taking any damage (I sure wish I could save the health crate for after sudden death kicks in!).

Edited by KRS

I didnt wait to sudden death, i just picked them all off.

Firstly hop over and get the health crate then jump all the way back and blowtorch down to the airstrike crate in the same turn. Then kill the guy whose in with you.

After that blowtorch through to the left so you are sitting on the T. Use the airstrike on the idiots at the far left as they have grouped up by now.

Then blowtorch through the T so you can shoot out the right side when the winds right. Then just pick them off with whatever you have.

When theres a couple of worms left with f**k all health, just use your jetpack and come out from hiding and finish them up. Took me 3 attempts and only takes 10 mins rather than waiting for the sudden death shit.