Chaos Squad achievement

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure why people are so mad that they will have to do it again.

Chaos squad takes like 10 minutes max....and are not hard. As shown by everyone doing it '3 or 4 times with no unlock'.

Chillout, and when it gets patched if it doesn't auto pop you can re-run it. It's no big deal.

edit - don't get me wrong, it sucks. But, it will get patched, so let's not worry. Just don't see why people are so upset about replaying a ten min achievement (and no one even knows if that's the case, it might auto pop retroactively)

Edited by Lavindathar

It is a big deal for these reasons:

1) I find it very iffy that the 5-10 minute wait to locate a game will bear any fruit. 75% of my searches come up with nothing.

2) The teams I find myself stuck with fuck around half the time. For the 3 games we passed, I had to quit double that amount due to inadequate chaos.

3) Chaos squad is not fun at all. I'd rather play the new lame pool game. It ruins an otherwise satisfying game.

Chaos squad takes like 10 minutes max....and are not hard. As shown by everyone doing it '3 or 4 times with no unlock'.

Chillout, and when it gets patched if it doesn't auto pop you can re-run it. It's no big deal.

edit - don't get me wrong, it sucks. But, it will get patched, so let's not worry. Just don't see why people are so upset about replaying a ten min achievement (and no one even knows if that's the case, it might auto pop retroactively)

Lav. You're on an achievement-oriented website. You know better ;):p

The reason people are pissed off is because in a couple of weeks' time, you won't find a game. There are other games to play, and having to continuously check back here to see if this particular achievement is finally working is definitely more frustrating than actually having to redo it.

Exactly this. It's not the difficulty of the task. It's the difficulty of finding a game.

It's not so much the achievement people are annoyed with, it's the whole situation around the DLC in general I think, when it was released it broke the entire game, and wasn't fixed for around 8 hours which is just a joke, when it was repaired it was fun, until we hit the Chaos achievement that's also broke, and now Insomniac are trying to throw the blame onto MS, when we all know it's game related.

Whats worse is their response on support has been lazy, pathetic, and cringe worthy.

Agree with most parts...

You'll find a game when the achievement gets fixed, as plenty of people will then be searching again. Or there is always friends.

The support bit is lame true.

But I'm in the same boat as you guys,,, got them all done except chaos squad, and I'll also have to search when it gets fixed. I just don't understand how some of you are getting so upset over something so minor lol.

Agree with most parts...

You'll find a game when the achievement gets fixed, as plenty of people will then be searching again. Or there is always friends.

The support bit is lame true.

But I'm in the same boat as you guys,,, got them all done except chaos squad, and I'll also have to search when it gets fixed. I just don't understand how some of you are getting so upset over something so minor lol.

Well while we all play for achievements, we don't all play with the same goals. I know you like your tournaments and what not so it wouldn't really affect you as such, but me and many others are completionists through and through and for those of us that play to max out, it's not minor.

and wasn't fixed for around 8 hours

Well, I'm pretty sure that Insomniac is a Pacific coast based company. I believe the patch dropped around 1pm CDT which means it was 11am PDT. So if their programmers were working a standard 9-5 day they found out about the problem, fixed the problem and got the patched uploaded to MS in 2 hours.

Which is actually very impressive. This isn't an MMO where there are often people working 24/7 to fix issues quickly. Odds are the work a near standard workday.

I don't think that the latest update was a fix-type one. It was simply the update that was supposed to be released prior to the DLC allowing it to work properly. Somebody simply screwed up and hadn't made the update online before the DLC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell there was never a substantial piece of DLC for any game that integrated with it without an update.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Insomniac is a Pacific coast based company. I believe the patch dropped around 1pm CDT which means it was 11am PDT. So if their programmers were working a standard 9-5 day they found out about the problem, fixed the problem and got the patched uploaded to MS in 2 hours.

Which is actually very impressive. This isn't an MMO where there are often people working 24/7 to fix issues quickly. Odds are the work a near standard workday.

This,

there was a simultaneous patch and DLC that was supposed to be deployed and the patch didn't get deployed, as soon as they came into the office they are like "fuck, the wrong build or the patch wasn't deployed properly, send that shit!" Then it was, so no big deal.

The reason people are pissed off is because in a couple of weeks' time, you won't find a game. There are other games to play, and having to continuously check back here to see if this particular achievement is finally working is definitely more frustrating than actually having to redo it.

This too, but I'm sure that as soon as someone posts in the many threads saying it's obtainable there will be X amount of thousands of dudes and dudettes searching hard. I know I will be searching on 3 seperate accounts one after another. I get matched with people all over the world, I even got put in an Achievement Hunters game, so it's fine