Glitches, oh my!

CHIRUNO99

I've already hit a few, kinda big game breaking ones but they're not very common.

So my first glitch was at one point in the game I dead, and I'm not sure what happened between loading my autosave and getting back into the game, but the screen was completely black. I couldn't do anything.

Through out enjoying the game there's been a few parts where the frames skipped a bit and the FPS drop, but the game would pick up soon afterwards.

Another just happened which got me off the game for now, I tired to craft a Stony Shirt(or whatever it's called) and the entire screen went black, a few seconds after it returned to the dashboard.

I wouldn't say it's enough to have me regret buying this game because, man it's so good.

I enocuntered the dashboard glitch once myself, sadly it was after exploring a big area and pretty much just one room before the next saving spot.

I also once clipped through the wall in the graveyard area while doing the aerial Dust Storm attack to clear out some of the hornets (which made me stuck, so I had to quit the game, but luckily, it once again was shortly after I saved).

One of the most consistent glitches I encountered in my normal playthrough was that Dust would start to spaz out like a maniac and "flutter" between facing left and right whenever I was fighting on the ground.

Also, the chest minigames tended to be ridiculously unresponsive to my inputs for some reason. Dunno why, cause the controller's just fine generally.

I haven't encountered any of those, but the one I did encounter sent me straight back to the friggin' DASHBOARD... >_< All I did, was attempt to move to the next section/screen. When I reloaded, the game worked just fine.

I had the same thing happen to me, about three screens into the game.

Ok, just out of an intensive playing session, here are the glitches I encountered:

* in the mountains, when you're on top trying to avoid the avalanches, on the second screen, after the first one, if you go with a quick long jump LT+A, you go in a hole between the hills (???) and end up on the section below, in the ceiling, above the stalactites! Needless to say, you're completely stuck. This is a 100% of the time happening glitch, at least on my game.

* I got 1000+ in the cemetery like level but it didn't register it the first time

* in the caverns, changing section I got sent to the dashbord

* somewhere in the mountains, changing section I got sent to the dashbord

* after the final boss first form, during the dialogue I got sent to the dashbord, at my first try against him! Are you serious?

The FPS drop I can vouch for happens randomly, along with the dashboard problem from when I just unlocked a chest only for my prize to be "Exit Game". Nonetheless, it's random, but all the dashboard did for me was tell me when to take a break, and I picked the game up right from there. Also I can vouch for RedArremer, I nailed the 1000+ combo, but got hit and lost it, did it again, made sure it was successful (as the achievement entails) and that not only completed my quest but got my the G's I deserved.

the only encounter i encountered my entire playthrough was the dashboard glitch. It happened 3 times throughout the entire game, but if your playing on a lower difficulty its not a big deal, maybe 5 minutes at the most lost... but if your playing on tough or hardcore i can understand being upset... I also know someone who said that if you have a food item equipped and you buy more of that food, the counter will not go up and your money will be wasted. You must remove the food from your quick slot so that the counter rises.

I've had no glitches as of yet but the FPS drop on every square of every map. It gets on my nerves after awhile which is a shame because it's a nice game. Surely they noticed this in play testing? :confused:
Programming is not magic, man. In order to have the hand-animated look and feel of the game, they need to keep a LOT of graphics in RAM (i.e. every frame of animation for Dust, Fidget and any enemies in the area + the backgrounds) and the 360 has surprisingly little of that (512MB). It wouldn't be possible for the game to be any smoother on this hardware, using this aesthetic.

I've had a variation on the dashboard glitch, every time I try to start a game it immediately sends me to the dashboard (I haven't actually played the game yet, it won't let me). I tried rebooting and it just kept doing it. Probably just have to delete and reinstall the game at this point.

Want infinite gold? Sell exactly 256 of a material. You'll get the money but the materials will remain in your inventory!

I didn't see this until now, but I just tried it and it works :|. Seems like it'll work with any multiple of 256 as well. *head explode*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8c2RlOXlDg]Dust: An Elysian Tail - Infinite Gold - YouTube[/ame]

Just hit an annoying glitch finishing the One Last Wish achievement. Found the cooler, got snow, and went back to BoPo. When I talked with him, the background went black and there was a portion of the conversation, then back to the game. If I tried to talk to him again, the conversation lines briefly appeared, then disappeared. I could no longer talk to him.

No achievement, no rainbow resonance, and my last manual save was four hours prior.

Not thinking, I went down a level to the shop, then came back up to try again... passing the autosave along the way. Doh.

The framerate stutter was a huge concern. When I first started playing, it was constant and the game was basically unplayable. There was almost a full second between frame draws. On some advice, I cleared the system cache, and that improved it. However, the frame stutter occurs every time I receive an achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

I've encountered a few bugs: the forced exit to the dashboard when moving to another room, glitched audio in the shop, and the latest, getting stuck in the in-game cinematic slow-mo at the very end of Dust's fight with General Gaius:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQHleUj6mew&feature=share&list=UU-1V0lfMdJnRbAsKmGXA0hA]Dust: An Elysian Tail - General Gaius Stuck Bug - YouTube[/ame]

Luckily I was able to go back and beat him without encountering this bug again. I've gone back and tried a few more times too...nothin'.

EDIT: And the Fidget Avatar shirt didn't unlock. ( ;_;)

Edited by KidKobun
Fidget