Possessed Weapons

symmetric

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I have read through the thread and understand how this "should" work but I am hitting a road block.

1. What I did was use three weapons that had frost attributes for level one. These weapons only had frost on them, nothing else.

2. Weapon leveled up and I added frost ability.

3. Next I chose two weapons that had strength and one weapon that had frost (one again the sacrificed weapons did not have attributes other than what I listed).

4. Weapon leveled up and I added strength ability.

5. Now when I try to level up the weapon further it will not let me add anymore abilities. Everything is greyed out other than the abilities the weapon already has.

Do the weapons have a max amount of ability slots? The weapon started with two abilities before I started upgrading it and I'm curious if that limits what I can do.

Okay I have read through the thread and understand how this "should" work but I am hitting a road block.

1. What I did was use three weapons that had frost attributes for level one. These weapons only had frost on them, nothing else.

2. Weapon leveled up and I added frost ability.

3. Next I chose two weapons that had strength and one weapon that had frost (one again the sacrificed weapons did not have attributes other than what I listed).

4. Weapon leveled up and I added strength ability.

5. Now when I try to level up the weapon further it will not let me add anymore abilities. Everything is greyed out other than the abilities the weapon already has.

Do the weapons have a max amount of ability slots? The weapon started with two abilities before I started upgrading it and I'm curious if that limits what I can do.

I think its a Maximum of 5 Ie:

Strength

Health on Crit

Health Per Kill

Ice Damage

Critical Chance

I know you can only have one Elemental attribute Ie: Ice, Frost, Inferno, Lightning Etc.

BloodGod... do you have multiple sets of high level possessed Scythes with Health steal or just high level possessed scythes period, you would be willing to hook me up with... I can't seem to get high level possessed scythes (level 20-30) I guess it is just bad luck. Also what level are you? You just choose to continue the game at the end instead of NG+?

I have a level 21 scythe with 19% health steal, ice damage, crit chance and crit damage that you can have tomorrow (8/22) night if you still need it, as I will begin to work on my level 30 set tomorrow evening.

I have a level 21 scythe with 19% health steal, ice damage, crit chance and crit damage that you can have tomorrow (8/22) night if you still need it, as I will begin to work on my level 30 set tomorrow evening.

If he doesn't get back to you I would love to have/borrow these..? I've not come across any decent level Scythes. Plenty of semi decent secondary's but not one good Scythe.

If he doesn't get back to you I would love to have/borrow these..? I've not come across any decent level Scythes. Plenty of semi decent secondary's but not one good Scythe.

Sure, but I have to finish crafting them first. I have not found a single health steal or health per hit for my level 30 sycthe. But I will be boosting the death tombs until I get something amazing, and am certain I could finish it by tonight.

If you have any weapons with Ice damage (not frost) I would ask for those, since I need a few of them. other than that, just a few health steals and I will be done :)

Sorry I've been away from this for a while but I've been working on crafting something special which I finally finished tonight. It's a lvl 29 possessed scythe that I've named "The Almighty", and here are the stats:

damage: 211-247

Piercing Damage: 65

Inferno Damage: 63

Strength: 72

Health Steal: 28%

I just hit level 30 so I'm waiting to see about what this last level will bring.

Sure, but I have to finish crafting them first. I have not found a single health steal or health per hit for my level 30 sycthe. But I will be boosting the death tombs until I get something amazing, and am certain I could finish it by tonight.

If you have any weapons with Ice damage (not frost) I would ask for those, since I need a few of them. other than that, just a few health steals and I will be done :)

I have a Health Steal that I wouldn't mind duplicating for/with you. That way I don't lose out on a Health Steal scythe. Its only level 20 but its better than nothing. I have plenty of Ice Damage (Purple) weapons that you could have. I sent you I message on XBL & FR regarding the Wrath steal. Just accept it send whatever and I'll do the same or we can work out a time to both be online :)

I can't find items with health steal and I can't find any possessed weapons with level 20 or more. I found so many posessed weapons with low levels, don't know what happened ^^. So feel free to help me out, thank you very mouch GT: Darklinge

I hadn't found a possessed weapon for ages and then I took an arrow to the...must resist...then I started doing the Death Tomb Dashboard and while it's taking a few attempts I am finding a few. Not anything worth keeping, but still.

Also, past level 20 has anyone found Blank Possessed Weapons? I seem to only find the ones with several enchants already on them.

I hadn't found a possessed weapon for ages and then I took an arrow to the...must resist...then I started doing the Death Tomb Dashboard and while it's taking a few attempts I am finding a few. Not anything worth keeping, but still.

Also, past level 20 has anyone found Blank Possessed Weapons? I seem to only find the ones with several enchants already on them.

Sure. I actually had several level 30 possessed weapons with no enchantments at all. You need them to be blank to make them into the ultimate health and wrath blades like I use. :) I actually have an extra set of blank level 30 scythes and a blank level 30 buckler that I don't need. I'd give them to you, but my friend just got the game. And I promised them to him for his NG+ playthrough. :p

Sure. I actually had several level 30 possessed weapons with no enchantments at all. You need them to be blank to make them into the ultimate health and wrath blades like I use. :) I actually have an extra set of blank level 30 scythes and a blank level 30 buckler that I don't need. I'd give them to you, but my friend just got the game. And I promised them to him for his NG+ playthrough. :p

No worries man. I've still yet to use "Alucard's Blessing". Level 21 is not yet mine. But soon...soon.

No worries man. I've still yet to use "Alucard's Blessing". Level 21 is not yet mine. But soon...soon.

Cool. Hopefully they help you out for a while. Those were the first ones I made that had Health Steal on them. So I didn't really know what I was doing. :p They still turned out to be helpful since they have 18% Health Steal though. I've mastered the crafting now. I feel like a modern day Maker. lol Ulthane would be so proud. ;)

I don't think you need to dashboard for the death tomb trick, I was just hitting "quit game" and reloading right in front of the tomb.

to answer your question, I found a level 27 one with "health on crit" so I just leveled that, and then I found 5 more level 30 ones...but all of them had some sort of enchantment already. My 5th one was a Sword, and it had Piercing damage, so I just went with that. It is probably possile, but I couldn't get one that was blank, or one that already had health steal and the like.

I sacrificed wrath steal on both of my weapons, and they turned out to work just fine. I can't recall ever needing to use a wrath potion either.

I don't think you need to dashboard for the death tomb trick, I was just hitting "quit game" and reloading right in front of the tomb.

to answer your question, I found a level 27 one with "health on crit" so I just leveled that, and then I found 5 more level 30 ones...but all of them had some sort of enchantment already. My 5th one was a Sword, and it had Piercing damage, so I just went with that. It is probably possile, but I couldn't get one that was blank, or one that already had health steal and the like.

I sacrificed wrath steal on both of my weapons, and they turned out to work just fine. I can't recall ever needing to use a wrath potion either.

You're right. To do reset the Death Tomb you can just quit out. This is the best method since you don't have to sit through Vulgrim's intro every time.

Really quick here are some tips to get your possessed items.

1: All of the death tombs excluding the 4th (though it is pretty close still) have an auto save right near or inside them. Open the chests, smash the racks and all pots etc etc. If you don't get the possessed item you want, quit and try again. You can keep doing this so long as you don't pass the auto save spot heading out.

These chests along with every other in the game will always pop out items of your current level!

2: Fighting the crucible a lot. I found many there. The key to getting the right level weapon is choosing when to grab the prize. Here is how it breaks down. (this should be added to the crucible guide too)

Every 5 waves the weapon or item level increases by one.

5th wave prize = level 11 items.

10th wave prize = level 12 items

50th wave prize = level 20 items

55th wave prize = level 21 items

60th wave prize = level 22 items.

You get the picture now!

Another note: The more waves you do at once the more items pop out of the chest increasing your chances for a better lot. I'm not certain but I think it's one item per 5 waves! So if you start at wave one and go till 50, 10 items pop out of the chest. I can't totally confirm this but I did exactly that w1-50 and a whole ton of stuff poped out of the chest!

I personally got my first few possessed weapons from using the Death tomb trick.

Edited by LasherM

There seems to be a hidden crafting system here too!

I made a totally unique ability called "Reaper Regen" with a stat of 10!

Started with level 20 possessed item.

+

Level 20 weapon

Health Steal 14%

+

Level 20 weapon

Health Steal 14%

Was given the choice of these abilities to add

Health Steal 14%

Reaper Regen 10

I quit and tried to reproduce it and it worked 5 out of 10 times. The other times I was given the option to add Peircing Damage.

So now it makes me wonder what other hidden item abilities can be made. I say hidden because I never saw an item with Reaper Regen anywhere else. Though I suppose it could just be as elusive as health or wrath steal item abilities.

The Crucible chest is amazing for popping out possessed weapons. I beat waves 76-100 again showing my brother about the crucible, and 2 level 30 possessed weapons popped out! so now I have a spare scythe and hammer.

Nice! I started on my NG+ and the game gave 5 Possessed Scythes Lvl 25 within the space of 15 minutes. I had to actually drop some other possessed Scythes for space... I also found a Scythe with a +19 health steal.

For those unlucky enough to not get alot of Possessed weapon drops, later in the game you'll find a Demonheart Talisman that turns common (white) weapon drops into possessed weapons. Every time I open a chest I'll equip it real fast. You can find it at Vulgrims Tomb in the Land of the Dead.

Actually she's right. It's Crowfather. You can tell because he's the only one who roles his "R" when saying Corrrrrruption.

I checked on IMDB to see if it said for sure who did the recap narration. It doesn't specify. I'm not hearing it as the Crowfather though. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like Vulgrim. I could be wrong though. I never really gave it a whole lot of thought. I'll listen again and see if I can tell a difference. :p Btw we don't know how Vulgrim says Corruption since he never mentions it in the game. lol