Pac-Man CE: DX is getting free DLC!

From Joystiq.com:

Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX is getting a free update that adds new content, including improved leaderboards, achievements and medals. It also features "access to additional DLC mazes, music and graphics." These include the ability to play with graphics from other Namco games, including Dig Dug and Rally-X. The update, which officially turns DX into DX+, is headed to Xbox 360, PS3, Steam and Windows 8 this summer.

Source: Joystiq

Sweet! :woop:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Outstanding find! I still haven't seen a release date though. :(

Well, on the page for the game, it says "September 25th, 2013...That seems pretty precise for a date, usually if they don't know, they'll put something outrageous like "December 31st, 2013"

Wait, so is this a whole standalone game? Or just a confusing name for the DLC?

I think for PC gamers it's a chance to buy the original PacMan Championship Edition, as well as get the free DLC coming for it...I say that because when I searched for the original in the search box on the STEAM client itself, it wasn't there....so it's like....STEAM advertising selling the original game and the free DLC too...

For Xbox 360 owners however, it's just the DLC since we've already had the game for a while now.

Well, on the page for the game, it says "September 25th, 2013...That seems pretty precise for a date, usually if they don't know, they'll put something outrageous like "December 31st, 2013"

Even better. Not exactly Summer but it'll be worth the wait.

I wouldn't mind getting it on the PC, but I have a funny feeling mine wouldn't be able to run it.

Even better. Not exactly Summer but it'll be worth the wait.

I wouldn't mind getting it on the PC, but I have a funny feeling mine wouldn't be able to run it.

Well, unless you have one of those old computers with the weird ass black floppy with the hole in the middle, and the green text on the screen, I don't see why not...

The requirements are:

• Minimum:

• Processor: 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 9 graphics device
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 500 MB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

Those requirements are pretty much any computer since 2005....Hell, I can't remember the last time I had a 1GHz Processor....;)

Well, unless you have one of those old computers with the weird ass black floppy with the hole in the middle, and the green text on the screen, I don't see why not...

The requirements are:

Those requirements are pretty much any computer since 2005....Hell, I can't remember the last time I had a 1GHz Processor....;)

Ah....I should be able to run it then.....I think.

I need a new computer. :(

Ah....I should be able to run it then.....I think.

I need a new computer. :(

I think you'll run it just fine, all depends how long you've had your computer...and what the specs are...My friends still got his dell laptop from 2003 and even it's got the specs to run the game, well all accept the hard drive space that an external can easily fix.

I think you'll run it just fine, all depends how long you've had your computer...and what the specs are...My friends still got his dell laptop from 2003 and even it's got the specs to run the game, well all accept the hard drive space that an external can easily fix.

I'm pretty sure mine will run it. I love my computer, it does the job I want it to, but when it comes to gaming, the poor thing can barely function. I mean, I get NES and SNES emulators to run just fine, but a game like Half-Life it struggles to play. Doom and Wolfenstein work okay, but I'd like to play more modern games. I've been trying Minecraft, and even with the game's settings turned down to their lowest, it still chugs like a fucking choo-choo train.

• 1 month later...

No the DLC is not free, as it turns out. I did buy it however, because I love the game and wanted the new content. There are no new achievements, instead there are challenges you can finish, but they do nothing for your gamerscore.

There's plenty of new boards with new patterns to learn, and playing as Dig Dug and Rally X is pretty cool. Was it worth the $7.99?

No.

It's a bit confusing... technically the DX+ upgrade IS free, however you don't get all of the content with the upgrade as alot of it is optional extras.

Assuming you've already purchased Pac-Man CE: DX, then when you next launch the game (whilst connected to Live) there's a title update (20mb) which will prompt to download.

This is the update that turns DX into DX+ and it adds the new medal challenges (but no new achievements), a couple of new level options, the improved score comparison section, and the overhauled game menu layout. This is all free.

In addition to this there is optional additional DLC content which has to be paid for (there's a DLC menu on the new DX+ main menu):

The DLC items are:

Big Eater Course - 160msp

Mountain Course - 160msp

Championship III & Highway II courses (bundled together) - 160msp

DigDug game skin - 160msp

Rally-X game skin - 160msp

Pac is Back! skin - 160msp

Pac-Steps BGM pack - 80msp

Re-Entrance BGM pack - 80msp

There's also the "All-in-One pack" which basically gives you a discount on buying all of the above together - this pack costs 640msp