Super Embarrassing Hardcore Deaths

Tribes V3X

OK I have only died on Hardcore because of instant death things. I just get nervous and I die in the stupidest ways possible. I died in Chapter 3 because of a Bomber swinging at me, died in Chapter 8 when you fly through space and I hit the building, and finally I died on Chapter 9 when I shot the legs off a Bomber and I thought to be safe I would kinesis the bomb at the wall on the opposite side of the room. Apparently there was a corpse in front of me that I did not notice that caught part of the bomb. Yep, blew myself up with a bomb I could easily avoid in Chapter 9. Atleast I have a save in Chapter 5. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKK!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's gay, I am not looking forward to this hard core run through.

Not really. PS3 and PC players don't even get that as those are a single disc I think.

Anyhow, look forward to it dude. The Foam Finger is worth the effort!!!

Victory never tasted so sweet as going bang bang bang with a foam red hand. I was shaking with adrenaline the whole time through.

I died on stupid shit too, like the hanging upside down out of the train trying to hit the brute. I unloaded a whole clip and couldn't hit his shoulder once lmao. Plus I died by an exploder on the train itself right before that part. Gave up for a week or so. So yesterday after numerous attempts at trying to get to a good first save point I finally made it to chapter 5 and saved. Then died on the stupid decompression window in chapter 7 (Thank God!) and restarted at the disk swap. Then managed to make it to chapter 9 right before you have to blow those things up and fight the tripods. felt way too nervous to do that plus I was getting tired and had to go to bed so I saved right before that so I wouldnt lose the disk swap. I know those are earlier saves than most ppl, but I feel pretty good about being able to make it to chapter 13 and use my 3rd save right before the end with the unkillable necro / eye poke machine. I never have problems wih the elevator or drill ride so hopefully my thought process is accurate here.

Saved at 5 before the stalkers, 9 before the stalkers and 12 before the drill. I didn't die once the whole way through. I got to the last boss and the pack killed me because I didn't charge up my contact beam enough. :(

EDIT: Finally beat it on hardcore! Ran out of contact beam ammo, so I spammed the plasma cutter on the core.

Edited by Thicketford

My first super embarrassing death was right before the church in the hallway with the breakable glass. I had been using the plasma cutter zealot force gun combo and knew what came next so I blew out the window with the plasma cutter and whipped out the force gun because with the force gun you cant miss the door close panel only to realize it was empty and there wasn't enough time to reload, needless to say after that I put this game on the back burner.

Two game later i come back and I'm completely out of practice and die to the zealot necro that charges you when you get the stasis gauntlet wasn't too pissed about that one mostly because I knew I was doing terrible and kinda should of saw it coming :p.

How about this.

I was at chapter nine (I believe) at one of the decompression windows. I knew that a couple guys spawned here, so I would use it to my advantage. I shot out the window too fast, and got my ass raped by the door.

Let's just say I steered clear of those windows after that.

I did that exact same thing. Except I ran back to the elevator thinking that I wouldn't be pulled out from in there... wrong.

BTW, Why does everyone put hardcore to be SOO Hard? It's really not... Just be smart and don't panic. Plus it helps to have fresh breath and some snacks, Scratch that, Lot's'o'snacks. No Doritos, As they funk up your breath... Also when in doubt press start then use extinct Stasis code (Safe feeling) when stuff gets hectic

Ugh, solar array ejection seat sequence. Sadest thing is on my normal playthrough, without so much as looking at a guide or video, I breezed through it without a problem. First time through it on hardcore, SPLAT! Right into the side of a building. Less than thrilled. Disk switch checkpoint FTW.

OK I have only died on Hardcore because of instant death things. I just get nervous and I die in the stupidest ways possible. I died in Chapter 3 because of a Bomber swinging at me, died in Chapter 8 when you fly through space and I hit the building, and finally I died on Chapter 9 when I shot the legs off a Bomber and I thought to be safe I would kinesis the bomb at the wall on the opposite side of the room. Apparently there was a corpse in front of me that I did not notice that caught part of the bomb. Yep, blew myself up with a bomb I could easily avoid in Chapter 9. Atleast I have a save in Chapter 5. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKK!

Just try to remain calm, Hardcore is really not hard. Like this guide, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=291979, said. If you have to start talking to yourself, make fun of things, do whatever it takes to feel relaxed. Once you stop feeling relaxed, the game becomes a lot harder and you start making stupid mistakes.

I did that exact same thing. Except I ran back to the elevator thinking that I wouldn't be pulled out from in there... wrong.

Same here, I just barely managed to shoot the button before getting shot out. I actually had to pause the game for a few minutes so I could catch my breath again. It would have been so much easier had I actually had the Force Gun out, you don't even have to aim with that thing and you should be able to hit the button without any problems.

BTW, Why does everyone put hardcore to be SOO Hard? It's really not... Just be smart and don't panic. Plus it helps to have fresh breath and some snacks, Scratch that, Lot's'o'snacks. No Doritos, As they funk up your breath... Also when in doubt press start then use extinct Stasis code (Safe feeling) when stuff gets hectic

Hahaha!! Mind over matter rules.

I loved Hardcore, it forces you to adapt and change habits, figure out alternatives.

Lots of snacks (and BEER!) is a must. Fresh breath? You and Ellie have a thing? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I got to the very end of Chapter 6, just before the disc switch...and my Xbox froze. No saves, all the way back to the beginning for me.

Hardcore is lame. I don't mind the difficulty (it seems comparable to zealot to me), but there's a reason why we've had checkpoints and save files in pretty much every game since the 8-bit days. It's not just to make the game easier, it's to prevent frustration when your power goes out or your console freezes.

EDIT: Just got to Chapter 13, the part where you have to dodge the spinning lasers by running into the rooms around it. Did you know that the outside edge of the lasers (the part that just looks like machinery) can kill Isaac from within the first room? Yeah, so stay away from the damn window until you're sure you wanna move. Limited saves + unforeseeable insta-kills = bad design.

Edited by obehave_wan

After not having played for a couple of weeks I decided to dive straight into my hardcore run. I psyched myself up to it for a while, then watch the loooong cut scenes, and died on the second necro I encountered. Yep, the first one can't get you coz you kick him off you. Then you can run left or right around the pole... I went right, right into the cuddly arms of a necro. Blah! I am still trying though.