Faster to boost wingman idle? or killing the bots

LykanLunatik

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have other game types to go through yet, I'd say get your weapon kills and first bloods on those. Wingman SUCKS, so idle boost it, no matter how long it takes. I am so glad I'm done with it.

How many days (weeks) should this take idling? I just got the 300 for prescott and stopped, now I'm picking it up again

Its already pissing me off...

i think they need to bump the onyx requirement down to 1000 for wingman...

We can only pray, pray for the sanity of any mortal who attempts 3000 Wingman matches, pray for the consoles that sit there hours on end, pray that Epic Games reduces the requirement. They may take our time, they may take our money, but they will never take, [REDACTED]

Edited by DaChiefOfOwnage

We can only pray, pray for the sanity of any mortal who attempts 3000 Wingman matches, pray for the consoles that sit there hours on end, pray that Epic Games reduces the requirement. They may take our time, they may take our money, but they will never take, our virginity!

As much as I'd like the requirements to be lowered, I don't think it would be fair at this point now that a fair amount of people have unlocked it. I'm sure they'll end up doing some stupid events like 20,000,000x XP or 5x kills later on in the life of the game though.

Edited by dakisbac

Wingman is terrible. Actually playing against casual bots will be much faster than just idling the matches, but the game type is boring as hell.

I figured it would, but would make me want to blow my brains out.

I can finish a match in a couple minutes on casual, but the load times...and the game mode...ugh, think i'll play it when i'm feeling like playing gears and idle when i'm not.

Turn it off at night to give my system a rest, idle/play during the day. I have other games to play while i wait

As much as I'd like the requirements to be lowered, I don't think it would be fair at this point now that a fair amount of people have unlocked it. I'm sure they'll end up doing some stupid events like 20,000,000x XP or 5x kills later on in the life of the game though.

I don't think it would be unfair. Annoying and pisstaking, yes. But if you were in the rush to get Seriously 3.0 ASAP then you should be very close if not there already. Thus even with the requirement lowered, whoever was aiming to be one of the first to get Seriously 3.0 (or first thousand w/e) will still be far in the lead of those who are still going for it, just not as intensively.

Just like people pay for Day 1 DLC/Games, is it unfair that prices get lowered for those willing to wait? Nope. Does it take the piss? Yes. Am I arguing this because I would like to see it lowered and I'm biased toward that? Yes.

The quickest way I found to idle boost Wingman was with 2 idle controllers on one team vs. 2 insane bots. With only the 2 bots getting all the kills it's still slow, but faster than 7 bots and 1 idle controller

This seems a good way to boost it, I'll try it.

Sure, it would be faster to play against casual bots.. but, it's insane to play that much games on such a game type.

Why so much hate for wingman? It is by far my favorite game type and the only one I'll get without boosting. Almost to 2000 matches, mostly ranked. I also play execution. I hate the modes that allow re-spawn, there is very little consequence for your actions.

I also don't really like respawn modes, there is consequence in TDM tough, you got to admit that, but i always tough GOW was to be played Execution/Warzone style... The strategy, the control of the map, that was what defined GOW. BUT Wingman is also a mode i never play. First im a stats guy, so having a win/loss of 0.5 just because there is 1 chance on 4 to win, not to mention sometimes people are lucky, they just see more people than you... Also no power weapons at the beginning mean corner camping with shotty, since there is so much ennemy team in the (small) maps of GOW3(most of them anyway)

No really wingman is a mode i don't wanna play at all... im no fan of CTL or KOTH but i recognize them as real modes, wingman should be pretty much a free for all(instead of 2 players) respawn mode... where everybody would rush shotty in hand... this way it would please the run and gunner and the others could have more fun playing more strategicaly.

But one thing for sure, epic failed again when they decided the medals to be 6000 games in all modes. They should had tough CTL would not be so popular so 1000 would had been enought. Wingman is a mode you play on ocasion mostly so it should had been 500... KOTH could had been 2000(cause its popular even if i don't like it that much) warzone/execution both at 1500 and finally TDM at 3000.... THATS IT