Controller hunt!

CrimsonBohemian

So...I'm trying to find some cool controllers for my Xbox...ya know they have pink, and blue, and red, and so one...ya know some interesting colors for me to have and hang onto.

Unfortunately Microsoft has discontinued these colors in favor of....these new chrome models. They're pretty awful looking. So i decided to check amazon to see if I can order them new and there's a few sellers but a lot of people in the comment section are reporting they're not an official Microsoft product...and at $140 a controller a piece I'd want the real deal.

So does anyone know where I can possibly find my controllers? Any specific site I can order from? I've checked Gamestop and I've only found them used and most of they're buttons don't even click when I held them, so that's why I'd prefer to buy new. I'm willing to spend the money, if I know what I'm exactly getting. So any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

CB

I was hunting my controller the other day too. However, it was just under some cushions.

i was thinking the same thing... Its usually under cushions or down near my ps3 haha

but on the actual topics note, try actually going into a shop and asking?

majority of the time that thing you want they wont be selling online but they have it in store.

that's how i got my golden star wars controller without buying the console anyway..

http://www.xblafans.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/01/all_360_controllers_scaled111.png

Here's a neat picture of every official controller, no knock offs or custom painted. This picture is missing the new gold chrome, which is slightly different than the star wars, and doesn't show the difference of the standard white (One has a chrome bottom, while the other has a gray bottom). The variety is amazing, plus Simpson controllers are a bit debatable on whether or not they are official as colorware made them.

Try checking eBay UK for the lime green and baby blue, usually they're pretty common in Europe. Usually good prices as well, but finding them new may be a bit tricky.

I have seen most of those controllers before, either in my hand or in a shop. However, a few are completely new to me. The green controller on the second row and the orange one on the bottom row. Perhaps region-exclusives? I'm in Canada so who knows what just didn't get shipped up here or to North America at all.

Also, do controllers made for another market work in another one? I might order some controllers with unique designs from Europe.

I was hunting my controller the other day too. However, it was just under some cushions.

Those sneaky.... sons of beaotches....

I miss my old matte red and ODST controllers. Those poor dears got worn out and stopped working (and a now ex spilled fucking rum and coke on the red one :mad:). I have two black controllers now, but really did love those two.

I have seen most of those controllers before, either in my hand or in a shop. However, a few are completely new to me. The green controller on the second row and the orange one on the bottom row. Perhaps region-exclusives? I'm in Canada so who knows what just didn't get shipped up here or to North America at all.

Also, do controllers made for another market work in another one? I might order some controllers with unique designs from Europe.

All controllers should work on any xbox, so you should be good.

The green one was exclusive to Europe to go with PES. The orange one was a gift to Microsoft MVP's, kinda like the one to the left was for those who were involved in making the xbox 360.

I felt like I just had to throw in my collection :p

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/PiranhaBLVFG3/2013/32_zps528982e5.jpg

But your best bet would be eBay. I have bought 2 controllers from amazon in hopes that they were the ones I needed but I received cheap knock offs. If you think it might not be legit post a pic or send me a message and I can let you know.

The dragon one was exclusive to Walmart and Gamestop had their own radioactive design as well. Just some helpful keywords when you are looking through eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're into customizing, you can just buy a controller shell (and/or buttons) and build one yourself in whatever color(s) you want.

Pink controllers were discontinued a long time ago so I just built one myself.

Same here, I just bought a custom one from ebay. It wasn't Microsoft certified but I couldn't tell the difference.

It even had blue LED instead of green!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/IMG_20130117_213344_150_zps4d8af562.jpg

Same here, I just bought a custom one from ebay. It wasn't Microsoft certified but I couldn't tell the difference.

It even had blue LED instead of green!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/IMG_20130117_213344_150_zps4d8af562.jpg

oooh cool! I'd love to switch up the LEDs in my controllers but I've never soldered before.

Sweet, I like the pink trim!

For GFWL, I bought one of those wireless controller USB dongles so I can use my existing controllers. :)

I probably should have done that, but the wired controller was only $30 and the trim was $5 I think, so it was worth it :)

You should look into designing your own. It's surprisingly rewarding, both in terms of how satisfying it is to acquire new, useful skills, and in terms of how much people are willing to pay for a truly unique controller. When I was living in America I did some cosmetic console modding, and it was quite profitable. One gentleman paid me $300 for a controller which had had the ABXY buttons replaced with bullet casings, the guide button replaced with the bottom of a spent shotgun shell, the triggers replaced with real triggers taken from .38 revolvers, and the plastic shell replaced with a framework over which I stretched brown suede leather. He wanted it for his themed Red Dead Redemption console, and it was quite a lot of fun making it.