How do I play offline?

Nozza

So I'm a total newbie to WPs, and I haven't had anything other than the iPhones for many years now. I recently got a Lumia 1020 for business, and I decided to put my XBL account onto it as you do.

With that in mind, I've read that you can play offline but still get achievements. Though doing so, none of them count towards your GT/GS until you get an internet connection.

Question is, how do I do this with the phone I've got? I'm looking to "pre-load" a lot of WP game achievements so that when a certain time comes, I can literally switch everything on and away they all pop in one go. This means I can play them all now and get them out of the way and not at a later date which will waste time.

Is this possible? Is it just wifi based, or do I have to disconnect from any 3/4G as well?

Turn on airplane mode to play "offline." It disables wi-fi and your data plan.

However, if you play while not connected to wi-fi or your carrier, the achievements will still pop on your profile locally on your phone. And when you get internet again, the achievements should upload to xbox.com on their own.

Some games require an internet connection to earn achievements, so those won't unlock unless one is active. Depending on the game, they may or may not unlock when internet is restored. If they don't you'll need to uninstall the game and earn them all over again.

I don't believe you can do exactly what it sounds what you want to do, which I believe is earn a bunch of stuff early, then have it write to your profile at a later date.

you could disconnect from the internet mobile and wifi change the date of your phone to when you want to unlock the achievements play the games and earn the achievements you want all while staying offline. Then when you are done reconnect to the internet the achievements that you got should not show on your profile untill the date you changed your phone too at least that is how it worked before the 8.1 update.Test it with one game see if that is still how it works.