Barthandelus 1st Fight Help

okay i have just this second completed this and i used lighting, fang and hope i had my crystarium maxed out and lighting's gladius upgraded to hell-skelter Lv. 20 for high damage then i used the following formations through the whole fight:

(1) Lighting: commando, Fang: sential, Hope medic,

(2) Lighting: commando, Fang: commando, Hope: Ravanger

now what i did for the fight was attack its left side both head things cant remember what they are called but you know what i mean using the attack blitz which took them down equally while using the (1) formation. once the left side was destroyed i did the same thing but on the right side to leave the main part left. i continued to use this formation but just using the attack command until he used despero at which point i switched to (2) and just attacked like crazy until he started to use the attack at which point i switched quickly back to (1) and it took me 10 minutes

now there may be a quicker/easier/less equipped way of doing it but i found this to work out the best.

(also if u have anyone with the sab or syn classes i forget the full name then you can switch to them to bulk up your characters as well as weaken the boss)

hope i helped mate and good luck

I used Lightning, Snow and Hope. After taking out the shoulder pads, I cast shell and protect on everyone using Hope while Snow tanked and Lightning began building up a combo. If you have shell and protect on, you shouldn't die from destrudo (I'm assuming you've got MOST of the crystarium filled out by now - not all). If he can still kill you, equip HP + items. When I fought him, none of those 3 character's weapons were upgraded even once.

If he still kills you, there's a little trick I found (by accident) where you can using a potion during his destrudo attack. If you click use the moment the missiles begin flying, Lightning will still use it despite taking massive damage. I figured this out by accident, I wanted to use the healing potion but it ended up happening right when his destrudo attack initiated lol.

=======================================================================

[bOSS] Barthandelus:

This boss can be both easy and hard, depending on how your set up is, my set up was Lightning (max at the current moment, weapon was Lifesaber LVL 6), Snow (max at the current moment, weapon was Umbra LVL 4), Hope (max at the current moment, weapon was Vidofnir LVL 2).

It also helps in this battle by using any item that will help from the LB menu.

If you feel you're too low leveled, don't have the weapons I mention, enemies in the area are good for CP plus items that give you gil, don't use then for EXP for your weapons as that's just a waste, they give you 500-3000 gil each.

Have the characters set up like this;

Lightning/Snow/Hope (this is just a guide for which role is who)

First Part of Boss:

Com/Com/Rav

Com/Com/Med

Use these to get pass the first part quickly, this is the part you battle the right side and left side, this part is easy enough.

Main Part of Boss:

Rav/Com/Rav

Rav/Com/Med

Med/Sen/Med

This is for the main part, the main part has a pattern, now just try to get him killed as fast as you can, as he'll cast doom and then you will be timed to beat him, I died in my first try because of this.

So the strategy is here to, use Rav/Com/Rav as much as possible, switch to Rav/Com/Med whenever anyone's health goes down to yellow, never leave it til the screen is flashing red, and once as soon as he does his destrudo attack, or a bit before it as Snow can completely block it near enough with his Mediguard, switch to Med/Sen/Med, as soon as the attack is done, then heal everyone, but as he's making the attack happen, have it in Rav/Com/Rav, attack him as much as you can, you might even make him take longer to do the attack as he finches a bit, redo what I just stated throughout the battle as he does have a pattern, never ever any twists to make you go off balance.

This is from my guide, this strategy works well, you just need to make sure to follow how it is done exactly unless you'll end up getting Doom cast on you.

It takes a while to charge, basically make sure your health is at MAX.. Then attack with all three as Ravagers until Barthandelus makes a noise like he's stunned, from my experience of trial and error I think this cuts the attacks damage in half.

You'll still want to switch to a paradigm after that uses medic though because he cuts off a lot of your health.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=214407

This is the thread i posted from when i was stuck and the tips actually helped me alot :)

Hope they help you too!

EDIT: Your main objective when he does Destrode, is first make sure everyone has full health and then go on a full offence (Relentless Assault) attack so he groans once, this way the damage is halved and you SHOULD survive, if your healer dies (because they most likely have the least health) just use a Phoenix down if you have any.

Once he's done that, Shift back to Solidarity or Combat Medic or whatever you have for healing and carry on as you were.

Edited by DarkCreations

If you follow the guide and use Hero's charge as soon as you see he is charging destrudo it is not hard at all, just takes time. Switch to hero's charge and manually heal with lightning, Make sure to use Y and B to only heal what you need as quickly as possible. As soon as everyone is healed switch back to Solidarity. Hope will top anyone off that is close and fang will absorb a lot of the hit. I had a maxed crystarium and it would take just over have the health from each character this way. I hadn't done a single upgrade to weapons or accessories and still didn't have a problem with him.

Don't play as Fang. You want Fang as a Sentinel. You don't want to play as a Sentinel.

Mix it up between Combat Clinic, Protection, Delta Attack and Mystic Tower and you should be fine.

He only uses Destrudo after the first stagger, so consider using Stagger Lock abilities.