"I'll make them pay..." experiences

WilRonward

So, after quite a few runs through arcade with Sayuri, I thought I would share my experience... hoping to let go some steam off.

Please share your 1-life run through exepriences, to keep ourselves motivated! We can do it! :Bounce:

I know it's because I make mistakes, but damn... This game can kill you the most ridiculous ways :eek:

The most common include:

n°4) Level 8: falling on the electrified parts, when you thought you were almost there!

n°3) Level 5 boss: he's so horrible, so much stuff going on... so much stuff to dodge if you don't take out the arm at the same time.... and then his random pattern shooting his bombs... urgh

n°2) Level 7: the horrible chasing after Leviathan part... and randomly running in a grenade/private for a good 2HP hit straight to the face!

n°1) Level 7: getting shot by a random private in the elevator shaft... where you can't see them but they can shoot you... and you just fall to your death. This is by far the most frequent and cheapest way I fail my 1-life run!

The most random one: on level 4 (highway) at the end of the tunnel part, when the two flaming cars come crashing at you... One of them, after being destroyed, just flew accross the screen!! Seemed like a weird glitch... Insta-kill.

The most ridiculous one: on my last attempt, I forgot to dodge the wagon the level 6 mid-boss throws at you... yeah the huge, entire, WAGON! didn't see it coming... Finished my run just to see how I would do... and I didn't die after that :confused:

Anyways,

I'm confident I will be able to do it in the end, but damn... it's long and tortuous way to get there, made of stupid mistakes leading to cheap ridiculous deaths.

So, after quite a few runs through arcade with Sayuri, I thought I would share my experience... hoping to let go some steam off.

Please share your 1-life run through exepriences, to keep ourselves motivated! We can do it! :Bounce:

I know it's because I make mistakes, but damn... This game can kill you the most ridiculous ways :eek:

The most common include:

n°4) Level 8: falling on the electrified parts, when you thought you were almost there!

n°3) Level 5 boss: he's so horrible, so much stuff going on... so much stuff to dodge if you don't take out the arm at the same time.... and then his random pattern shooting his bombs... urgh

n°2) Level 7: the horrible chasing after Leviathan part... and randomly running in a grenade/private for a good 2HP hit straight to the face!

n°1) Level 7: getting shot by a random private in the elevator shaft... where you can't see them but they can shoot you... and you just fall to your death. This is by far the most frequent and cheapest way I fail my 1-life run!

The most random one: on level 4 (highway) at the end of the tunnel part, when the two flaming cars come crashing at you... One of them, after being destroyed, just flew accross the screen!! Seemed like a weird glitch... Insta-kill.

The most ridiculous one: on my last attempt, I forgot to dodge the wagon the level 6 mid-boss throws at you... yeah the huge, entire, WAGON! didn't see it coming... Finished my run just to see how I would do... and I didn't die after that :confused:

Anyways,

I'm confident I will be able to do it in the end, but damn... it's long and tortuous way to get there, made of stupid mistakes leading to cheap ridiculous deaths.

Not only does that suck but it winds up killing your morale and you begin thinking, great now i have to go through all these levels again.

I'm working on a speed run and i have found every conceivable way to mess up. Today i had a no-hit, no damage run all the way till the end of 7. I finished up the missile part and figured incase i mess up this part i will switch from laser to machine gun and still finish the levels just to say i finally did it. Well, I finish the missile section, start running with machine gun and a dog hits me...i forgot to switch back to laser...

hang in there.

p.s. just decided to another run about an hour ago and started firing laser on level 7 when i shouldnt have, had to avoid a powerup and that wound up getting me killed. Mmm mmm. Only I can do such things.

Edited by Todaysforgotten

I tried sayuri and i suck with her. I've been trying this for awhile and I cant even seem to get past level 4 with bahamut. I always die because i get hit at some point and dont have a weapon upgrade strong enough to kill the midboss at a fast rate, so i get hit by its attacks.

Would this be easier to do with someone?

I tried sayuri and i suck with her. I've been trying this for awhile and I cant even seem to get past level 4 with bahamut. I always die because i get hit at some point and dont have a weapon upgrade strong enough to kill the midboss at a fast rate, so i get hit by its attacks.

Would this be easier to do with someone?

Hit or miss. You would definitely need to be familiar with the levels. You would also need someone who knows how to navigate with someone who is going for this. Communication is pretty essential. Level 2 alligators. Level 3 spike traps after rolling boulder section just passed the mid-boss. Level 5 dropping down will kill whoever goes first etc etc.

Today i had a no-hit, no damage run all the way till the end of 7. I finished up the missile part and figured incase i mess up this part i will switch from laser to machine gun and still finish the levels just to say i finally did it. Well, I finish the missile section, start running with machine gun and a dog hits me...

Ow... that sucks... No-hit run, damn I'm nowhere near to doing that :eek:

luffybuggy> I don't see coop making the 1-life clear easier.

On all the parts with pits you would have to be perfecty syncronised to make it without dying... so that would require commitment, training and great communication with your partner

My opinion is: you're better off learning where the ennemies are, and the boss paterns... and dealing with your own stupid mistakes rather than another's!

• 2 weeks later...

I made it! :woop:

At long last, the training paid off...

I barely did it though.

I had an almost perfect run, got hit by a piranha on 2 and caught by the flying thingies on 4 and 5.

And then on 8: I dash right into Tiberius :eek: Had 1 hit left (playing Sayuri)...

Then against Tiberius Augustus, I was spamming :xbut: so hard that I accidentaly pressed :ybut:..!

Fortunately Sayuri has some kind of armor when doing her :ybut: attacks, so I was left alive with a little sliver of health!!

Damn that was a crazy run, not very fast though: 58 min I think.

I'm now in the top 100 on the leaderboards (barely: 93th with 58M), I think I'll leave it at that, since the top is taken over by crazy grinders... (1st = 1 billion something... wow... I wonder how long he grinded the facility lol)

• 7 months later...
If you are playing co-op, do both people have to not die? Or can one person not die and get the achievement, while the other person can die as much as they want and they won't get the achievement?

I can't remember if anybody actually managed (or wanted =P) to test this, but based on how every other achievement works in co-op, I would say that deaths are NOT shared between players, so yes, if one of the two makes it to the end without dying, they will get the achievement.

• 1 year later...