Can you go back to areas after beating the game?

I've looked through the forum and can't find anything to definitively answer this, so I'd better ask: can you go back to previously visited areas to complete quests after you've beaten the main game/storyline? Can you roam freely at that point?

I just want to do as many as I can for achievements before embarking on a second playthrough from scratch. I'm about to start the third chapter and wanted to check in case I can't go back after completing it.

Can you return to areas that don't have a direct route from Mean Street? On my second playthrough now trying to get all pins and sidequests and I'm going to have to get back to Disney Gulch as I missed a couple items there.

some areas you have to access by going back through other areas the long way, but you can get to some of the middle areas like the Gulch through the Cinema (someone said you cant go back through the cinema back to Mainstreet...this is untrue. To get back to Mainstreet just kick the film screen until it shows Mickey's head and says travel to Mainstreet). To get to the second part of the Gulch just take the train (however you can't go back that way and must go through the Mad Dr's. Lab again back to Mainstreet.

Be careful though some side quests were only available by doing certain things (refer to the walkthrough/achievement guide for this)

some areas you have to access by going back through other areas the long way, but you can get to some of the middle areas like the Gulch through the Cinema (someone said you cant go back through the cinema back to Mainstreet...this is untrue. To get back to Mainstreet just kick the film screen until it shows Mickey's head and says travel to Mainstreet). To get to the second part of the Gulch just take the train (however you can't go back that way and must go through the Mad Dr's. Lab again back to Mainstreet.

Be careful though some side quests were only available by doing certain things (refer to the walkthrough/achievement guide for this)

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I could access those middle areas. I'm using a combination of four different guides because no one guide seems to have all information. I left off at my second visit to Mean Street and I've activated all side quests available in Mean Street and Os Town's first visit so I believe I'm caught up.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I could access those middle areas. I'm using a combination of four different guides because no one guide seems to have all information. I left off at my second visit to Mean Street and I've activated all side quests available in Mean Street and Os Town's first visit so I believe I'm caught up.

this game has so much micromanaging of side quests and everything else it can make one's head want to explode.

So, how can I get back to the Club 13 area of Blot Alley? Apparently there is a group of bunnies there for the Bunny Hunter quest. The door that Ian lets you through as part of the story is closed and there's no way to open it that I can see. I thought completing the Clothes Make the Splatter side quest would either allow me into the area, or give me an idea how to get into it, but it did neither.

So, how can I get back to the Club 13 area of Blot Alley? Apparently there is a group of bunnies there for the Bunny Hunter quest. The door that Ian lets you through as part of the story is closed and there's no way to open it that I can see. I thought completing the Clothes Make the Splatter side quest would either allow me into the area, or give me an idea how to get into it, but it did neither.

im not sure i know which door you are talking about. if it's the key door did you move the key to the left door? i believe that opens a shortcut that puts you back into the club 13 area. i know you can definitely get back there because i missed one of the teddy bear parts and had to go back in as well as go back to that shortcut which is blocked during the story.

im not sure i know which door you are talking about. if it's the key door did you move the key to the left door? i believe that opens a shortcut that puts you back into the club 13 area. i know you can definitely get back there because i missed one of the teddy bear parts and had to go back in as well as go back to that shortcut which is blocked during the story.

Ah, I didn't even notice that the third door in the giant key area was unblocked now. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...