Silicon Knights closes office & sells assets, but remains alive

FatalDeathSG45

This is one odd piece of news

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/9/4316936/silicon-knights-epic-games-precursor-games?utm_source=feedly

So some of the guys from silicon created a new studio, is now making a spiritual successor to a game the former studio created, let alone they bought some of Silicon knights stuff, and they cant be held liable for Silicon knights debts unless epic files another lawsuit in court.

Hopefully the new company works out for them and all those people who were laid off can find work or have found work.

Think many have. Cousin of mine used to work there, he left almost two years ago for Ubisoft Toronto, SK's been in a state of dystrophy for a long long time. Even before the Epic scuffle.

Silicon Knights was most recently responsible for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Too Human, and X-men: Destiny. For the most part they have a pretty solid track record and it's a shame to see them die off, but Precursor is supposedly crowdsource funding a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness, the best game of SK's library, and Denis Dyack is still in charge of it, so all is right with the world.

I need to get my hands on a copy of Xmen Destiny so I can complete that. Got Too Human though, haven't played it yet.

Hopefully the new company works out for them and all those people who were laid off can find work or have found work.

Get it cheap. When it came out my nephew rented it for PS3. I got 90% of the trophies within 3 days. Not much replay value other then the X amount of kills achivements.

Ontopic-Tough love,I can't recall an awesome game these guys have made in years. Lets hope the new stuido make a new Legacy of Kain game. That game series was awesome.

Get it cheap. When it came out my nephew rented it for PS3. I got 90% of the trophies within 3 days. Not much replay value other then the X amount of kills achivements.

Ontopic-Tough love,I can't recall an awesome game these guys have made in years. Lets hope the new stuido make a new Legacy of Kain game. That game series was awesome.

All I need on x-Men destiny is to beat the game on the hardest level (I Think). I screwed up the trick to just replay the last level for the achievement.