Seriously....

Aphrodite1

Has anyone managed to complete this? Sure its easy enough once you unlock the unlimited credits, but 13 plane mode? Come on, it seems impossible.

And then the 50G cheev for beating the arcade/extra single player with using without using a continue. i.e 5 lives, effectively 8 lives less than 13 plane mode. Talk about crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the inspiration guys. It good to see some people have done it and its not impossible. I can get to stage 4 usually without losing a life, its the blue beams that come down in stripes on the screen that mess me up!

I will not be beaten by this!! Its just a case of learning the patterns I guess. A level select would've been nice to practice the later stages over and over.

(...)A level select would've been nice to practice the later stages over and over.

You unlock level-select by beating the respective 13 Plane Mode which is just a little bit retarded...

Dodging the blue beams should not be too hard, just remember which position is safe and which is not. E.g. a general tactic for the mid-stage ships is either to fly to the opposite side of the screen when you see one approaching or stay directly over the enemy cockpit. For the boss either have fast reflexes and quickly sidestep or again try to line up with some path that is safe (e.g. along some background-detail).

Btw in terms of dodging I find Ikaruga to be easier since your hitbox isn't HUGE like in Raystorm and the camera angle is at right angle and not tilted...

• 9 months later...

I played the hell out of this game back on the PS1 and could beat it without continuing, but I just suck at it now. I still haven't finished this game once on the 360... My reflexes aren't what they used to be apparently.