Want someone not involved opinion

KillerChris8814

Okay I'm on the sports board in the wrestling thread and say I like wrestling but don't think it's a sport and then get bitched at constantly. It's not like I sat there and said how wrestling was horrible and all wrestlers should die or anything, really does anyone see anything really wrong with my original comment. I admit to being an ass after I got bitched at for a while, I just can't see the problem with my original comment.

Wrestling IS a sport.

WWE is NOT a sport. It's just a form of entertainment. Even they recognize that. That's why they changed from WWF to WWE...the "E" stands for "Entertainment".

Problem here is that most WWE fans already know this (if they don't, they need to re-evaluate their lives).

Your best bet is to let it go and forget about it.

If you like wrestling, then talk about something relevant to those interests. Otherwise, don't say shit.

Edited by Tyrion619

Wrestling IS a sport.

WWE is NOT a sport. It's just a form of entertainment. Even they recognize that. That's why they changed from WWF to WWE...the "E" stands for "Entertainment".

Problem here is that most WWE fans already know this (if they don't, they need to re-evaluate their lives).

If you like wrestling, then talk about something relevant to those interests. Otherwise, don't say shit.

Sorry I wasn't 100% clear I meant WWE not Greco Roman and Freestyle, I pointed this out, saying Pro Wrestling would be a sport when it was in the olympics. My statement was more about where the thread was placed, not that I had a problem just stating my opinion. Thanks for your input though. I don't have a problem with being disagreed with, if you do fine, give me a reason, you know, don't just say "FUCK U YOUR A IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by KillerChris8814

Wrestling IS a sport.

WWE was sued by the World Wildlife Fund, and basically settled by changing to WWE on their own. It had nothing to do with their own realization that it's not wrestling, because they still masquerade as "wrestling" and not "entertainment". Many fans do think it's actual wrestling still, which I discovered unfortunately first hand.

That is not way they changed it from WWF to WWE. There was a lawsuit by The World Wide Fund for Nature because it used the WWF initials, so they changed it to WWE to avoid the lawsuit.

EDIT: Also what Aburok said, because I type too slow sometimes >_<

WWE isnt a sport, its just a bunch of buffed up actors putting on a show for an audience (like a theater)

Obviously greco roman and other types of wrestling are real and they are well respected forms of athletics.

If you watch WWE and like it then i would recommend putting some UFC on and see what you think of real fighting.

WWE isnt a sport, its just a bunch of buffed up actors putting on a show for an audience (like a theater)

Obviously greco roman and other types of wrestling are real and they are well respected forms of athletics.

If you watch WWE and like it then i would recommend putting some UFC on and see what you think of real fighting.

UFC = real fighting? What the actual fuck? UFC is even more "fake" than WWE has ever been and ever will be.

UFC = real fighting? What the actual fuck? UFC is even more "fake" than WWE has ever been and ever will be.

HAHAHA Thats funny, i was just making a point. If you believe that WWE "TABLE SLAM SWANTON BOMBS" are real then who am i to tell you otherwise?

And if you think that MMA isnt real then why dont you take it up and find out :)

Many thanks

Okay I'm on the sports board in the wrestling thread and say I like wrestling but don't think it's a sport and then get bitched at constantly. It's not like I sat there and said how wrestling was horrible and all wrestlers should die or anything, really does anyone see anything really wrong with my original comment. I admit to being an ass after I got bitched at for a while, I just can't see the problem with my original comment.

Your original comment was:

Just felt the need to point out pro wrestling isn't a sport it's entertainment and I like it, but anything with a scripted outcome isn't a real sport.

It comes across like you think we're stupid because the thread is in the sport's section, but it's probably safe to say that everyone in that thread already knows it's not a sport.

@duff28 I watch WWE and like it. I also watch UFC, and think it's good. I like it just as much as WWE, but just because I like one, doesn't mean I cant like the other.

You just confirmed my theory that you are indeed actually retarded.

On topic though, I agree with what Covert said, it's entertainment but they are still most definitely athletes.