Noticing problems.

Sizzlebuzz

Now, let me start by saying I really like this game. I am also only making this thread to find out if it's just me.

When attacking any enemy, the first few attacks hit nothing but air. Sometimes when the enemy leans back while swinging, attacks also hit the air.

I have had several glitches where scenes play 2-3 times as well before allowing me to move on. Such as me talking to someone, and then the conversation ending, the screen changes, and then it instantly hops back to the start of the conversation Had I been able to persuade people, I would have got several out of the same conversation.

When traveling and getting an encounter, it always shows the screen of my destination before showing me the area in which the encounter is in.

It also seems to never be able to find my profile information with the DA server.

Just to recap, I am just wondering if all of this is normal.

With regards to you hitting, when you start your stats are much lower so your chances to hit are a bit worse than they will be later. Obviously you'll grasp that this uses many of the playing mechanics seen in say, Dungeons and Dragons.

I am not talking about the attacks missing, I am talking about them not even registering. When you target any mob, my character runs up and tries to attack them. The first few attacks do not register. The same thing happens when I switch my stance while already engaged in combat. The first few attacks of that stance never register.

The way attacks work in DA can be a little misleading, especially if you've not played this type of RPG. In my experience, if your character performs an attack animation, it was because they were either close enough to their target (in the case of melee) or they passed a line-of-sight check with their target (in the case of ranged attack).

It's odd, but a target will still potentially be hit by a melee attack even if they've moved out of melee range, so long as their attacker was at some point close enough to initiate the attack animation (whether it be a normal attack or some special "activated" attack).

In terms of the weirdness you're seeing with dialog, I've never heard of anything like that (except in a couple instances I saw myself during the Mages Circle quest). Are you playing the XBox or PC version of DA?

i've had the chat glitch a few times in the circle questline but it was because it seemed to take longer to register stuff happening there like when i killled a demon boss it'd take a moment to register and wouldn't show up right away on the map thing...the whole missing thing i've seen a few times when i use rogue and go invisible and they still chase and then hit nothing not even saying miss then turn around after and walk away cause they can't see me

So far the only things I noticed was how difficult it can be to connect to the Dragon Age servers and sometimes the in the middle of a conversation, the sound will cut out or they will repeat a line they already said.

I've been getting this recently too.

I've also somehow glitched one of the quests Kylon gives you in Denerim. I talked the mercs into leaving the Pearl with no fighting, after that we got ambushed by them, beat them, but Kylon just keeps saying I need to get rid of them.

The only fairly constant glitch I have is after a battle when a cutscene is supposed to occur, sometimes it can take 30-60 seconds. Also in the the

[spoiler=RadiantViper]quest in the mages tower when you get stuck in the Fade, every time I killed a boss I had to leave the area, then come back to make that piece of the map to register as 'beaten' so I could save my allies.

And this is sort of in general, but I find get my character to simply attack someone is somewhat buggy ... sometimes my PC keeps circling/getting stuck on terrain, or after every attack will try to move forward into/past the enemy I'm targeting. It's pretty annoying.

Not sure if it is a bug or not. I'm playing with a warrior character, so naturally, I move him to the biggest threat that I want to take down. Periodically, he'll get a couple of hits in, and then inexplicably, start wandering around in a circle, not attacking anyone....Just going in a circle. No idea what that is all about....

The other thing I get is "unable to connect to your online storage account, the account may be invalid." (Or something very close to this...I'm not at home.) I assume this is something about the EA servers, but how do I fix this problem?

EDIT: Sorry, my first paragraph is exactly what the person two posts up from me reports. Thanks!