Game freeze's A LOT !??

TuM Predator

Okay so its been happening since the 3rd update, im just casually playing a game and after about 30 mins it Just freeze's for no reason. battlefield 3 is the only game it happens on. Anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it because its annoying..

( also i did use search thread but didnt find anything, So if there is already a thread about this sorry )

This has happened to me too on the loading screen and especially when playing metro,I don't recall ever having any freezing issues on any other map and if imgetba screen that freezes on load up then always on the second load it's fine but i still have issues with this game freezing on metro a lot...

Okay so its been happening since the 3rd update, im just casually playing a game and after about 30 mins it Just freeze's for no reason. battlefield 3 is the only game it happens on. Anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it because its annoying..

( also i did use search thread but didnt find anything, So if there is already a thread about this sorry )

Are you playing metro extended tickets?

Operation Metro and Gulf of Oman are renowned for having freezing problems for the longest time. If you play these maps, make sure you're joining a low-ticket game (anything over 200% tickets tends to freeze up).

I wish I would have read this earlier. I played an extended ticket conquest on Gulf of Oman. Towards the end of the game (well over an hour play time) and my f***ing game crashes! Seriously annoying!

I like how we are almost 1 and a ½ years into the game and they still haven't fixed the massive frame rate drops on Seine Crossing. That map is almost unplayable for the first minute and then whenever you cross a corner.

Agree^ I'm also experiencing terrible rubber band lag in almost every match. At first I thought maybe it was my connection. So I reset my router and still had it. Especially today.

I like how we are almost 1 and a ½ years into the game and they still haven't fixed the massive frame rate drops on Seine Crossing. That map is almost unplayable for the first minute and then whenever you cross a corner.

I don't understand the reason for this. If it was like Kharg Rush where there is a scripted event at the beginning of the match or something, it might make sense. But Seine Crossing is one of the plainest maps in the game, nothing happens at the beginning, it just doesn't make any sense. Perhaps the game is loading a large amount of resources, but that doesn't make sense either.

OP, just so you know, this is a well known issue and there are threads about it, but the search feature does suck, so I can't blame you for not finding them, those threads are buried now. In the future try using Google's site search feature instead of this site's built in feature, it will likely work better, to do that type this into Google: <insert search term here> site:xbox360achievements.org

Anyway, yeah, the freezing has been an issue since last March, DICE can't seem to fix it. My game doesn't freeze a ton in-game, but I freeze on the start screen quite often, it's very strange. When it freezes in-game, though, it's usually on Metro. That's the most well known map for freezing.

Edited by WOLFkraut

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I was going to make a thread about this but I decided not to anyhow freezing is not only happening to me in multiplayer it also happened to me twice when trying to replay levels in the single player campaign on hard. Right at the end of a level that a spent nearly an hour on it froze. I'm kind of put off on playing it right now.

Edited by quickhhh

Are you playing metro extended tickets?

BAM! Hit the nail on the head. This is why my Server is set for 200% Tickets. As much as I enjoy big ticket games, I grew very tired of having my game freeze after an hour of whooping ass.

My game crashes 50% of the time I load up BF3. Can't even reach the main menu.

Is your game saved to the Hard Drive?

My game crashes 50% of the time I load up BF3. Can't even reach the main menu.

BAM! Hit the nail on the head. This is why my Server is set for 200% Tickets. As much as I enjoy big ticket games, I grew very tired of having my game freeze after an hour of whooping ass.

Is your game saved to the Hard Drive?

Yup, I have 20.6 gigabytes of BF3

I've got the same issue, problem first occured after getting premium.

I haven't dived too deep into this game yet, but do "tickets" mean/do?
"Tickets" are the number of reinforcements each team gets. In a game of Conquest each team has the same amount of tickets and through killing and/or holding the majority of flags these tickets go down. Being killed and then respawning costs your team 1 ticket. The first team to reach 0 tickets loses (ie: they have 0 reinforcements to carry on the fight).

In Rush the attacking team has a set number of tickets while defenders have unlimited tickets. To win as a defender you must deplete all attacking tickets (reinforcements).

Reviving teammates will save your team a ticket.

In Deathmatch and Gun Master there are no tickets - you just have to reach the set amount of kills first or finish with the last weapon respectively.

Yup, I have 20.6 gigabytes of BF3

Kind of makes you wonder if EA is getting a kickback for helping M$ sell more consoles. This game single handedly made the original 20 GB models obsolete.

I've had issues with the MP freezing since I started playing, but it's been a much more frequent occurrence since Premium released.

Rare occurrence happened before teaming up with Saint and Murder last night, my bro and I were in a loooong ticket Oman game, 1200 tix, and actually DIDN'T lock up. That was a nice change.

What? No way! In more interesting news, I went home for lunch today and spent over an hour getting the last damn kill for the Mobile Artillery. That shit is the devil's ride...

Same here. Don't recall when it started, though.

i've found the game ALWAYS crashes when you're a scrub--happened to me last night 14 times

7000!? Damn, dude! I've really let my chopper skills and usage slide! You were kicking some ass last night.

Kind of makes you wonder if EA is getting a kickback for helping M$ sell more consoles. This game single handedly made the original 20 GB models obsolete.

I've had issues with the MP freezing since I started playing, but it's been a much more frequent occurrence since Premium released.

What? No way! In more interesting news, I went home for lunch today and spent over an hour getting the last damn kill for the Mobile Artillery. That shit is the devil's ride...

Never! I refuse to upgrade! My 20GB still works, BF3 just uses all of it. :-) I have two 8GB flash drives to help out, though.

Hahahaha, I told ya, Opiate, those MAVs are evil!

This happens when I'm in the loading screen. It always freezes when the blue square is turning bright and dark in the black loading screen.

Again, same here.