NEW! Hell's Redeemer guide, an upgrade to the Hell's Retriever!

Pavonis

Hmm, I was hoping for some definite proof on why I can't seem to get it. I'm playing solo so I'm not sure if that matters, but I went to the bridge on level 18, never shot my gun and killed all zombies and guards with the Retriever only until level 21, went back to the prison and the pit still won't keep my Retriever.

I've tried getting exactly 30 kills, 40 kills and 50 kills, all with the same results, the pit won't keep the retriever when it's thrown in. Pretty frustrating since others seem to get it without a problem. Hoping to see some definite answers at some point.

I really doubt that... There are so many conflicting reports and theories at this point. Fact is, there's an unknown factor in here that all of us are missing. None of us know what that factor is for certain. And until Treyarch tells us, or someone figures out with absolutely certainty what that factor is, I imagine all of us will continue to run into snags.

Its the best I can come up with at this point. And fat chance 3arc comes out and tells us anything.

So hopefully I can confirm this unless someone else did it. I tried it twice and it work. I got all my kills with tomahawk in the same round, didn't shoot. Only shot brutus two times since I was on the bridge. So anybody who can't get it, try that and see.

I honestly think this is the key factor myself. I've grabbed this weapon several times now. Always starting with kills on the bridge between rounds 6/7-9. And I've never been able to unlock it that early. So I leave, grab the golden spork, and return around levels 11/12. Try again, and it always works. ALWAYS. So I'm definitely thinking that it needs to be a specific round due to the number of enemies available during rounds.

Funny thing is, I've had the audio cue sound in the single digit rounds. But like I said, the pit never takes the retriever. And so I go back and do it in the double digit rounds.

I don't even think you need to specifically kill 30 zombies with it. Because I've noticed (and I've been paying very close attention) that whenever I get the audio cue in the double digit rounds, it's almost always (if not always) after killing the very last zombie of whatever round I've started and finished on the bridge.

So I was on the bridge from round 14 to round 18 just using the tomahawk when all the sudden I could not use it in the middle of round 18. Said no tacticals equipped everytime i tried to throw it. Got in the electric chair, revived myself in the prison, threw my tomahawk, and it was blue, and upgraded. To be sure, went to where you get the retriever, and it was blue in there. Never thru it in the fire pit at all. Still went in to afterlife to grab it for the sake of grabbing it even thou i already had it. Weird.

I honestly think this is the key factor myself. I've grabbed this weapon several times now. Always starting with kills on the bridge between rounds 6/7-9. And I've never been able to unlock it that early. So I leave, grab the golden spork, and return around levels 11/12. Try again, and it always works. ALWAYS. So I'm definitely thinking that it needs to be a specific round due to the number of enemies available during rounds.

Funny thing is, I've had the audio cue sound in the single digit rounds. But like I said, the pit never takes the retriever. And so I go back and do it in the double digit rounds.

I don't even think you need to specifically kill 30 zombies with it. Because I've noticed (and I've been paying very close attention) that whenever I get the audio cue in the double digit rounds, it's almost always (if not always) after killng the very last zombie of whatever round I've started and finished on the bridge.

True. I forgot to mention I was on round 29 when I heard the audio. Plus, I got way above 30 kills with it too, but I still think as long as all kills is with it in one round, you will hear it.

Still no confirmation on what needs to be done here? I was in a game last night and one of the guys I was playing with just said "3 rounds with only the tomahawk, no shooting", which was a new theory to me. We started this in round 12, finished round 15 then went back. 3 of us got it, the one guy that shot his Withering did not.

I'm not saying this is an absolute certainty, but it seemed to work. Just wanted to put that theory out there so the rest of you can compare.

Still no confirmation on what needs to be done here? I was in a game last night and one of the guys I was playing with just said "3 rounds with only the tomahawk, no shooting", which was a new theory to me. We started this in round 12, finished round 15 then went back. 3 of us got it, the one guy that shot his Withering did not.

I'm not saying this is an absolute certainty, but it seemed to work. Just wanted to put that theory out there so the rest of you can compare.

Well I've done it a few more times bringing my total to around 10 times successful in getting it out of 10. What I did (on solo) was be in round 10+, use ONLY the tomahawk (never shoot your gun), listen for the sound cue on the LAST ZOMBIE KILLED because you must finish the round to get it. Throw a nade in the pit to see where to throw your tomahawk and then throw it in.

Well I've done it a few more times bringing my total to around 10 times successful in getting it out of 10. What I did (on solo) was be in round 10+, use ONLY the tomahawk (never shoot your gun), listen for the sound cue on the LAST ZOMBIE KILLED because you must finish the round to get it. Throw a nade in the pit to see where to throw your tomahawk and then throw it in.

So just to be clear, it seems like your theory on the requirements are:

Round 10 or higher

Tomahawk (& melee?) only

Complete 1 full round of this

Return and throw tomahawk in the lava

Correct? Or are we still convinced there's a kill requirement and/or further round requirements?

Thanks for any further clarification. The one time I did try for it I got it, but I didn't notice the sound cue due to some doucebag in my game that wouldn't stop asking about the damn spork after I'd explained it to time 30 times and he'd lost both an acid gat from the box AND the free acid gat (which he was waiting for to spawn while I was collect skulls, unbeknownst to me).

I'll try to play a little tonight and confirm a few more requirements myself. The round limit I won't be able to confirm, it seems I never get to the bridge before round 12-13 because my entire team blows all their points on the box and perks, leaving me to open all the doors.

So just to be clear, it seems like your theory on the requirements are:

Round 10 or higher

Tomahawk (& melee?) only

Complete 1 full round of this

Return and throw tomahawk in the lava

Correct? Or are we still convinced there's a kill requirement and/or further round requirements?

Thanks for any further clarification. The one time I did try for it I got it, but I didn't notice the sound cue due to some doucebag in my game that wouldn't stop asking about the damn spork after I'd explained it to time 30 times and he'd lost both an acid gat from the box AND the free acid gat (which he was waiting for to spawn while I was collect skulls, unbeknownst to me).

I'll try to play a little tonight and confirm a few more requirements myself. The round limit I won't be able to confirm, it seems I never get to the bridge before round 12-13 because my entire team blows all their points on the box and perks, leaving me to open all the doors.

No melee, only tomahawk. There may be a kill requirement but I doubt it. The round must be complete and the sound must be heard at the END of the round.