Official NFL Thread

Creech

Sports Bar Rules:

No Flaming! - Feel free to disagree, be passionate about your favorite team(s), etc., but if you attack another member of the site you may find yourself less than welcome.

No Spam! - The key here is to discuss the sport/teams/players in question, not to throw out random comments unrelated to anything.

Have Fun! - This is why we are all here, right? Keep it fun.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules, use the report function and that will let the moderation team know. We will address it as quickly as we can.

This one will be interesting. Really excited for it.

My buddy is a big Patriots fan, and I cant stand the Patriots so I bet 40 bucks on the Texans, and he bet 40 on the Patriots. I hope I didn't make too cocky of a bet lol :p. I constantly am betting on teams though, and they always seem to go in my favor thankfully.

As a Seahawks fan, all I can do is hope for consistent play across all four quarters.

I don't think you have to much to worry about tomorrow, but if I remember correctly you guys did lose to Arizona early on in the season. If you guys play like you did against the Bears you should have the game in the bag! :p

They have lost 8 games in a row, dont be the team to break the streak!

Some good games tomorrow: NFC North all play each other, Texans/Patriots, Ravens/Redskins.

The Bears-Viking game will determine if the Bears make the playoffs....

If the Bears lose it the end for Lovie Smith.

My Niners should win vs Miami....they can drive me insane.....so good yet losses to the Vikings and Rams just blow my mind.

Yet another tragic death in the NFL.

This time a Cowboys practice squad player was killed by a teammate who was driving drunk. Sadly they had both been teammates at Illinois and were long time friends.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboy-charged-player-dies-auto-201656872--nfl.html

The Bears-Viking game will determine if the Bears make the playoffs....

If the Bears lose it the end for Lovie Smith.

My Niners should win vs Miami....they can drive me insane.....so good yet losses to the Vikings and Rams just blow my mind.

Let's hope that the vikings can win! even though they still wouldn't go to the playoffs anyway..

Yet another tragic death in the NFL.

This time a Cowboys practice squad player was killed by a teammate who was driving drunk. Sadly they had both been teammates at Illinois and were long time friends.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboy-charged-player-dies-auto-201656872--nfl.html

Very sad news. RIP to Jerry Brown.

I'm pulling for the Seahawks as well. Primarily because of Golden Tate, but I like Wilson as well, he's had an awesome season.

I'm trying not to be too much of a homer, but I can see Seattle doing some damage in the playoffs from the wild card spot.

Give them 1 or 2 more years and maybe Super Bowl?

I feel bad for AP, man. Other defenses can be so confident stacking 8 in the box knowing that Ponder is god-awful, and he still pulls out a 2 TD, 150 YD day. D's are just going to start stacking 10 in the box, and why shouldn't they? I bet Ponder's new ESPN Fiancé, Samantha Steele, would be a better QB.

I feel bad for AP, man. Other defenses can be so confident stacking 8 in the box knowing that Ponder is god-awful, and he still pulls out a 2 TD, 150 YD day. D's are just going to start stacking 10 in the box, and why shouldn't they? I bet Ponder's new ESPN Fiancé, Samantha Steele, would be a better QB.

Hey, at least we got the win over Chicago. :woop:

Grats on the win! Showed ATL their place.

Good to see Foxxy's boys get a nice W though.

Thank you guys, I was very pleased with our Offensive and Defensive performance as a whole. Even with Brandon Lafell gone we still had a fantastic passing performance seen my Greg Olson, Steve Smith, and surprisingly Louis Murphy. Our defensive played a great game, and Cam Newton played a great game running and passing the ball.

We came to play, and that's exactly what we did. If we could play that way against other teams instead of only the Falcons and the Saints we would not be a 4-9 team.

Only complaint I have is of course, as usual, we do not come out in the second half with any kind of adjustments whatsoever. Every week we will play half decent the first half, and the second half the opposing team will just whoop our butts due to simply them making adjustments, and us not.

Very happy with football this week, not only did my favorite team (Panthers) win, but my Vikings somehow pulled a win out against the Bears. :woop:

going back to skelton wasn't such a good idea after all. 4 picks. and poor larry

I only saw "highlights" of that game but that might have been the worst performance by a professional sports team that I have ever seen.

What the hell happened to the Cardinals...After losing to the Rams in that Thursday night game they have been worse then half the teams in the NCAA...

On a positive note, I crushed in fantasy this week. Means I'll be making the playoffs. Whether I'm the 3 seed or 4 seed will depend on who wins another match-up.

In my league we have this thing we call "points week" where in the last week of our regular season we add up our starters scores and our bench players scores and whoever has the highest total wins all our transaction money (usually between $200-$300). If it wasn't for the Seahawks defense I'd probably be in position to win it...As it is I have to hope that Calvin Johnson gets shut down tonight and that the Texans/Patriots game is a field goal battle where no one gains many yards...

Edited by bigbear.