Can i go back to collect collectibles?

Maca0716

Hi all i have just started playing this game and i know there is a certain point in the game where you proceed to the final part of the game.

What i would like to know is that is it possible to clear all area's in the game prior to that then go back and collect everything?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Yes you can. Just make sure you have collected all you can before proceeding to the final area.

Everyone seems to say this, but there is one big problem for me that makes me think it's wrong... I hope I am mistaken. I am up to Thorniara in the main quest.

You see, I have a lot of uncollected items in the jungle area. I want to go back and get them, but when I do I can't seem to return to the main quest because...

a) The route through to the village/thorniara has been blocked by a rockfall

b) the rock ledge that leads me back to the sea cliff monastery is too steep to jump.

Consequently, I get stuck and can't finish the game.

Has anyone else encountered this?

If I am truly stuck, then it isn't entirely true that you can mop up collectables that you might have missed.

If I am not stuck, please tell me how I can get back on track and out of the eastern zones that I appear to be trapped in!

• 1 month later...
You see, I have a lot of uncollected items in the jungle area. I want to go back and get them, but when I do I can't seem to return to the main quest because...

a) The route through to the village/thorniara has been blocked by a rockfall

b) the rock ledge that leads me back to the sea cliff monastery is too steep to jump.

Consequently, I get stuck and can't finish the game.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Yes, I have that problem too. The cliff near the Monestary is too steep and the gate to the Anvil is down. In truth, I'm screwed. Cant go the other way either, the cliffs from the Zombie village are too steep.

To answer the original question. NO! You must have everything between the Monestary and the Zombie Farmlands area because you can't get back to it without becoming trapped.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I have that problem too. The cliff near the Monestary is too steep and the gate to the Anvil is down. In truth, I'm screwed. Cant go the other way either, the cliffs from the Zombie village are too steep.

To answer the original question. NO! You must have everything between the Monestary and the Zombie Farmlands area because you can't get back to it without becoming trapped.

OK, Here is the final word:

You CAN go back and mop-up collectibles in the Jungle as long as you have either the "Rune of four winds" or "rune of seven winds". Activating either rune will give you the speed and agility to jump up the ledge and head back towards the monastery.