Hell on Wheels (Tank Mission)

Aqua18

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually 100% this mission the other day. The tank bit is not so bad, just take your time and use what cover is available effectively. Also, when you get to the fighting the other tanks bit, just keep moving in a circle around them and you'll be fine.

The worst part about 100%ing it though is that if you mess up the tank bit, you have to start the entire mission again, it won't give it to you if you just de-synch and load the checkpoint. And that means going through the tedious bit at the beginning :(

I actually 100% this mission the other day. The tank bit is not so bad, just take your time and use what cover is available effectively. Also, when you get to the fighting the other tanks bit, just keep moving in a circle around them and you'll be fine.
This is exactly what I did. I just completed this mission yesterday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remember. I think people are making this out to be harder than it really is. I'm by no means the most skilled gamer and I did it on my second attempt.

The worst part about 100%ing it though is that if you mess up the tank bit, you have to start the entire mission again, it won't give it to you if you just de-synch and load the checkpoint. And that means going through the tedious bit at the beginning :(
Have you tested this out? This was actually my plan if I got hit during the tank part. If I got hit I was just going to get killed to restart. Had I known it didn't work then I wouldn't have been so cavalier about moving around during the tank phase :).

Also, of note, I found it interesting that I was shot by the soldiers on foot when the tank portion began but still got 100% since the bullets did no damage.

Just to echo what the other two guys said, I wasn't looking forward to this one but I did it first time.

Just take it slow, pop out of cover - shoot then go back into cover. When it comes to the tanks, as the other guys said its best to circle round them and don't stop moving.

The flying 2.0 one was easy as well, just take out all the gaurd towers first and you're golden.

Oh man...now I remember why I gave up on the 100% synch. I didn't even bother attempting that mission again after finishing it because I figured it would take a gazillion attempts to get the 100%. Sigh. I hope people are right when they say it's not too bad, otherwise I've got a long night ahead of me...

This mission can be a pain. The best advice I can give is to not stop and keep moving constantly. It would be wise to move side to side and shoot explosive barrels before you get next to them. If you get to close to a barrel and hit it, it will count as you taking damage. Good luck man...

Have you tested this out? This was actually my plan if I got hit during the tank part. If I got hit I was just going to get killed to restart. Had I known it didn't work then I wouldn't have been so cavalier about moving around during the tank phase :).

Yes, though I wasn't intentionally "testing" it, I just messed the tank bit up a few times :p. Once you have a pattern down for the first bit it doesn't actually take all that long, it's just tedious.

And yes, its only damage from turrets/tanks that count, the people shooting arrows can't hurt you. Also exploding barrels can hurt you if you get too close.

This is the last mission I need. I am going for it right now.

Hopefully get it done on the first try.

Edit: So I failed this because I hit an explosive barrel. how stupid. Will try again after I eat

Completed it second try. Easy achievement. Just the dumb barrels got me. I made sure to destroy them this time!

Edited by Venomized

I failed this on my very first attempt way back in November when I was just playing through the story (though I think I was close to it). I also screwed it up 3 more times in the last few days for various reasons, but finally got it yesterday.

A few bits of advice:

For the cannons use cover if you prefer, but driving out far into the open can work well too, so long as you keep moving out and the cannon will miss you.

For the tanks, never stay still. Circle the first one that spawns in the open area and shoot it as fast as possible (the longer you take, the more chance there is of the fucker hitting you lol :p).

For the second two in the final area (the bit that causes people the problem) start off by moving to your immediate right - there is a space here. Keep moving into it and shoot the tank on the right as you do. When you are getting close to the wall, change your direction and move to the very left, but be sure to let them shoot and miss before you change direction as this is when you are most vulnerable. Continue to attack the right tank until he is dead. By this point you should be getting close to the buildings on the left, and you will want to switch direction to the right once more. Again, let the left tank get a shot off that misses before you decide to switch direction - the gap between their shots is your opportunity to change direction. If you like, you can start to circle this tank, but I wouldn't advise trying to circle both tanks at the same time!

Hope this helps ;)

Actually there's an easy way at the last part. When you drive through the gate and see other tank coming to you just go back until you see warning about desynchronisation. As long as you see that warning other tanks won't shoot you so you can easily take them down. Just be careful to not go back too far. Hope this will help anyone having problem with this one.

Actually there's an easy way at the last part. When you drive through the gate and see other tank coming to you just go back until you see warning about desynchronisation. As long as you see that warning other tanks won't shoot you so you can easily take them down. Just be careful to not go back too far. Hope this will help anyone having problem with this one.

I think I'm in love with you.

This freaking works! :woop::woop::woop:

Easy as pie, now I only have the flying mission to full sync in the original ACB :)

Wish I could say the same. I tried this method and the warning never popped up and the tanks would still shoot me or I would get desyncronized. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

So I need to enter the gates and go through the waypoint. Once the first tank in the middle of the area starts to come at me, back up through the gate until you see the desync error?

Does this work for the other two tanks in that area?

Wish I could say the same. I tried this method and the warning never popped up and the tanks would still shoot me or I would get desyncronized. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

So I need to enter the gates and go through the waypoint. Once the first tank in the middle of the area starts to come at me, back up through the gate until you see the desync error?

Play the mission as you normally would. When you get to the first tank, circle strafe and kill it.

When you get to the gate where the two tanks are, destroy it, and before you enter the area, blow up all the structures you can from the outside (there are two in the middle of each side of the base and two in the corners closest to you). Again, you do all this before driving over the white light that triggers the tanks to spawn. Also, kill any foot soldiers in the area.

Once you,re ready, drive forward towards the white light. The second you see enemies spawn, go in reverse until MORE THAN HALF of your tank is outside the map boundary. When you get to about 2/3 of your tank outside the sync wall, you will get the "Warning: desynchronization imminent" message. That's when you kill the closest tank, which will target you with the red light but will never fire a shot.

I was unable to reach the furthest tank from that angle, so I carefully entered the base from the right side of the gate, where the tank couldn't get an angle on me. I then moved left and circle-strafed it and took it out.

Keep in mind that if you're trapped and sure you're going to get hit, you can pause and then change your cape. This will reset you to the last checkpoint.

Great info. I'll try it when I get home. So when you have that first tank come out to engage you and their red targeting line comes out, do not worry about it as they are not going to fire? Am I getting that correct?

This and the Flying Machine 2.0 are my last for 100% so I can get on with Di Vnci.

Edited by MarleyMon81

I took down all tanks that way. Just go back when you see them coming at you.

Great info. I'll try it when I get home. So when you have that first tank come out to engage you and their red targeting line comes out, do not worry about it as they are not going to fire? Am I getting that correct?

Yeah, they will target you but won't shoot.

I did what was in the video, besides that if you KNOW your enemy is going to hit, do this:

Hit Start -> Inventory -> Change outfits (or something like that) -> Change your armor or cape.

Now you reloaded the last checkpoint which is in front of that gate and you still have a chance for the 100% sync.

I used this trick once and it made sure I didn't get annoyed in the beginning of the mission again... After that I got 100% sync and the cheevo :D.

First time for me aswell, best tip is to always move at 90 degrees to the direction of enemy fire, that and stay calm because it really isnt that hard. A problem is becoming tense at the thought of having to replay the entire mission again if you fuck up. Dont panic if you miss a shot, just maintain your speed and shoot again :uzi:

Edited by o D M C o