Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Maka

DLC: Hunt the Grey Wolf

Difficulty: 2/10

Time to 200: 30 Minutes

Unobtainable: None

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/51.jpg Threat assessment 40:gsicon:

Observe the target and correctly correctly choose to leave or kill

This is another achievement in this game that is unclear as to exactly what it wants you to do, and exactly what is necessary to unlock it. People have reported unlocking it in a variety of different ways, for different reasons.

To unlock it, play through the level until you come to the Hitler section, tag him using the binoculars, and then kill him in all 7 possible ways (plus the testicle shot) to unlock all the other achievements available in the DLC. Chances are that this achievement may have already unlocked while doing this, but if it hasn't, just take out your binoculars and tag him, and then let him escape which has unlocked it for some. Otherwise, if you were to actually follow the intel within the mission you'd realize that the Hitler in question is not the real Hitler, so if it has yet to unlock, tag him and then leave the area to end the misson and unlock the achievement. As stated, this order of operations is the best as it will let you try all possibilities without the game saving on you after ending the level.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/52.jpg Sweating bullets 10:gsicon:

Shoot and kill the target

See "...And stay dead!"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/53.jpg In the middle 10:gsicon:

Kill the target with a chain reaction

See "...And stay dead!"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/54.jpg Convenience is key 10:gsicon:

Kill the target by shooting nearby explosive barrels

See "...And stay dead!"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/55.jpg Saved by the bell 10:gsicon:

Crush the target with a bell

See "...And stay dead!"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/56.jpg No escape 10:gsicon:

Kill the target in the vehicle by shooting its weakspot

See "...And stay dead!"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/57.jpg Grenadier 10:gsicon:

Kill the target with a grenade

See "...And stay dead!"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/58.jpg Fast-moving target 10:gsicon:

Shoot the target in his car

See "...And stay dead!"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/59.jpg … And stay dead! 80:gsicon:

Kill the target in 7 different ways

The following text is a guide to getting all 10 achievements in "Hunt the Grey Wolf" DLC in Sniper Elite 3.

Choose "Hunt the Grey Wolf", under "Campaign" > "Downloadable Missions" > "Hunt the Grey Wolf". I would recommend Cadet difficulty to make it easier. Play through the level completing the main objectives until you reach the final target. At this point, you will need to take him out in 7 different ways. After successfully completing a method, just die on purpose and "Load Last Save" to get another chance at killing him.

The 7 methods are below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINp6rcW3M0]Sniper Elite 3 - Hunt the Grey Wolf DLC - All 7 Ways to Kill Hitler - YouTube[/ame]

[0:05] - Method 1: Shot and killed the target.

[0:40] - Method 2: Crushed the target with a bell.

[1:12] - Method 3: Killed the target with a grenade.

[1:35] - Method 4: Killed the target with a chain reaction.

[2:10] - Method 5: Killed the officer at the meeting with a testicle shot & Shot the target in his car.

[2:41] - Method 6&7: Killed the target by shooting nearby explosives & Killed the target by destroying his vehicle.

After completing all of the 7 methods, and getting a testicle shot on the officer, you should have all the achievements available in the DLC.

GLITCH NOTE: The DLC seems to crash the game for many people and the most common crash occurs when the player goes for the grenade kill (Method 3). If you are encountering this glitch, do the other methods and leave the grenade kill for last, and the game should have enough time to register the kill and unlock the "...And stay dead!" achievement before it crashes. The game will not permanently save each method unless you finish the level, or do them all at once.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2836/60.jpg Herr Charles 10:gsicon:

Killed the officer at the meeting with a testicle shot.

This achievement is pretty straight forward, but you'll want to progress through the level until you come to the last part where you pick a vantage point near Hitler. To get this achievement, you'll want to take your sniper and go for a testicle shot on the officer standing directly to the right of Hitler when aiming at him. If you miss, feel free get killed on purpose and "Load Last Save" in order to try again.

The game will confirm a "Testicle Shot" if you correctly aimed, and you should also see the damage with the X-ray vision as the bullet passes through the officer. For a video of this achievement being unlocked, please go

. Edited by Maka

Just a note about a glitch that happened to both me and a friend ...

The DLC mission seems to lock up and crash the game on the XBO for some people. If you're doing the kill Hitler, reload, Kill him a different way, etc. method and the game locks up and you have to reboot ... even if you got the achievements for the previous ways you killed him, the "... And Stay Dead" achievement won't pop until you repeat the ones you did before it locked up.

I believe this is because the game only keeps track of which methods you've used in active memory (or once you save), and since you're not saving and the game locked up, it loses the "memory" of you doing those previous methods.

For instance, I did the Bell, Headshot, and Grenade kill and then my game locked up. I rebooted the game, reloaded my save, then did the other four methods, I then had all seven individual achievements but not the "... And Stay Dead" achievement. I then repeated the Bell, Headshot, and Grenade kill again ... and the achievement popped.

---

If this happens to anyone, I hope it helps!

The DLC mission seems to lock up and crash the game on the XBO for some people. If you're doing the kill Hitler, reload, Kill him a different way, etc. method and the game locks up and you have to reboot ... even if you got the achievements for the previous ways you killed him, the "... And Stay Dead" achievement won't pop until you repeat the ones you did before it locked up.

I believe this is because the game only keeps track of which methods you've used in active memory (or once you save), and since you're not saving and the game locked up, it loses the "memory" of you doing those previous methods.

For instance, I did the Bell, Headshot, and Grenade kill and then my game locked up. I rebooted the game, reloaded my save, then did the other four methods, I then had all seven individual achievements but not the "... And Stay Dead" achievement. I then repeated the Bell, Headshot, and Grenade kill again ... and the achievement popped.

---

thanks a tonne man, i encountered the same glitch but now have the achievement.

:dance:

---

Thanks, I've added a note about this! :)

So I'm doing as Maka suggests and killing him one way then standing up and getting killed. I have yet to ever Load last save and start right at the assassination. I usually have to do the entire last section of the mission - observing the guy and then getting the intel. Not a big deal... but I do 2 or 3 ways and then my game locks up.

Am I reading this thread right that I just need to do the method right before the lock up and then the rest of them to get the 80 pt achievement on top of the single kill ones? Or do I literally just need to suck it up and do the entire thing 6-7 times?

I had the same lock up issue with Guacamelle with the noise and behavior of the system. Any ideas?

So I'm doing as Maka suggests and killing him one way then standing up and getting killed. I have yet to ever Load last save and start right at the assassination. I usually have to do the entire last section of the mission - observing the guy and then getting the intel. Not a big deal... but I do 2 or 3 ways and then my game locks up.

Am I reading this thread right that I just need to do the method right before the lock up and then the rest of them to get the 80 pt achievement on top of the single kill ones? Or do I literally just need to suck it up and do the entire thing 6-7 times?

I had the same lock up issue with Guacamelle with the noise and behavior of the system. Any ideas?

If the game locks up, no matter which way you do it, you have to have all 7 ways killed him in one game session.

As I said to you earlier, this needs slight editing.

It will not crash because you reload saves. It will crash when you do the grenade kill, regardless of whether you have reloaded save or not. Not always, but usually.

You can reload 100 times and kill him however you want. As soon as you do the grenade kill, you will crash,

It will not crash because you reload saves. It will crash when you do the grenade kill, regardless of whether you have reloaded save or not. Not always, but usually.

You can reload 100 times and kill him however you want. As soon as you do the grenade kill, you will crash,

Bah wish I knew this earlier.

If the game locks up, no matter which way you do it, you have to have all 7 ways killed him in one game session.

Also wrong. Seven seperate playthroughs is fine.

I did the following :

Run 1 - shot him and ended mission

Run 2 - bell. Reload. Grenade. Crash. Lost progress.

Run 3 - explosives. Reload. Car. Reload. Officer shot. Reload. Ended mission to be safe.

Run 4 - chain kill. Reload. Bell. Reload. Ended mission.

Run 5 - Grenade. Achievement popped here. Crashed.

So it crashes with or without a reload, but only on grenade. About five seconds after, but if you do it last, there is time for your seven ways achievement to pop.

From this, it can also be seen that if you do method a, reload, then method b, if you finish the mission both method a and b are saved, not just the one after the reload.

I'll edit some stuff in both guides tonight. Some unexpected things came up.

Nothing ever crashed for me, so I wasn't aware that only the grenade kill was the one that screwed it up.

Also wrong. Seven seperate playthroughs is fine.

I did the following :

Run 1 - shot him and ended mission

Run 2 - bell. Reload. Grenade. Crash. Lost progress.

Run 3 - explosives. Reload. Car. Reload. Officer shot. Reload. Ended mission to be safe.

Run 4 - chain kill. Reload. Bell. Reload. Ended mission.

Run 5 - Grenade. Achievement popped here. Crashed.

So it crashes with or without a reload, but only on grenade. About five seconds after, but if you do it last, there is time for your seven ways achievement to pop.

From this, it can also be seen that if you do method a, reload, then method b, if you finish the mission both method a and b are saved, not just the one after the reload.

Ah... good to know that makes sense now. At least I have a gameplan to tackle it now. Thanks Lavindathar.

Edit: Just got the last 80 pt one. Saved the grenade for last. Got the kill, didn't moved. Achievement popped moved and game glitched. But no worries because got it all done. Thanks for the guide Maka and for the tip Lav. Much appreciated.

Edited by Wildmn34

Does anyone know when the Hunt for the Grey Wolf DLC will be available for everyone??? I've searched but have found nothing on it...thanks

I would also like to know if there is any availability to buy this addon even if you didn't purchase the collectors edition of the game, and if so where and how would I be able to do so... =)

Does anyone know when the Hunt for the Grey Wolf DLC will be available for everyone??? I've searched but have found nothing on it...thanks

I would also like to know if there is any availability to buy this addon even if you didn't purchase the collectors edition of the game, and if so where and how would I be able to do so... =)

Be patient. As with ALL pre-order incentives for EVERY game that has them, the content is eventually made available to everyone. Could be a week, could be a month. We have no control over it. Depends on the developer and publisher. It's not like they will never release it. Why can't anyone wait anymore. I think the obvious question is, why didn't you pre-order the game then? ;)

If previous pre-order incentives are any indication, the Sniper Elite V2 DLC, Assassinate the Fuhrer, was released on XBLM about a month after the game came out. Look for the Grey Wolf to possibly be released around the same time frame.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I could be wrong,but I'm sure the fine print on the pamphlet said 3 months exclusivity.

What pamphlet? Did you guys in the UK get something physical in your copies of the game? Here in the US both Best Buy and Gamestop prints the codes on the receipt and makes no mention of exclusitivity.

And every advertisement image I see on internet doesn't make mention of this being exclusive. Hell, even the Grey Wolf trailer doesn't say it.

If this is true it's completely moronic. After three months, most people would have either finished the game and sold it or just lost interest in it. This isn't a game that people keep coming back to; it isn't Gears or Halo or CoD. They are shooting themselves in the foot if they think that the same amount of people will buy this DLC after three months as they would in the first month.

I'd hate to think what kind of time frame they have for the rest of the DLC that'll be available in the season pass...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308310/

How many people do you think bought the Sniper Elite V2 DLC? The Weapons Pack and Multiplayer add-on were released 6 months after it came out (the MP was free however). Then, there were two more single player missions that were released 7 and 9 months after the game came out. They lost money just by waiting so long.

And none of the DLC had achievements. That's why I myself was surprised that Grey Wolf had achievements since the Fuhrer one didn't which was also a pre-order incentive. That in itself is guaranteed a no sale in this day and age. It's sad really, but if you want to sell DLC, you need to give people an incentive to buy it. Gone are the days of people purchasing expansions just for the sheer enjoyment of playing it.

EDIT - And it's now available...

Sniper Elite III 'Hunt the Grey Wolf' Pre-order DLC Now Available For All

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Apparently I'll have to play through this 7 times post patch. When I do the above method of just letting myself get killed after killing the target, the restart point is now at "exfiltrate" instead of before you kill him. Same with "load last save." It's happened the past three times, so I'm guessing it had to do with the patch I installed yesterday.

Apparently I'll have to play through this 7 times post patch. When I do the above method of just letting myself get killed after killing the target, the restart point is now at "exfiltrate" instead of before you kill him. Same with "load last save." It's happened the past three times, so I'm guessing it had to do with the patch I installed yesterday.

Oh man, that sucks. Luckily I downloaded it on release day and it was the first thing I played in the game. I got all 7 kills plus the testicle shot with no bugs or glitches to speak of all by reloading or dying. Took more than just 7 times reloading though it took me some time to destroy his car with him in it (for "No Escape"). He kept escaping...

I guess the only way around this is to clear your cache and play offline if you don't want to have to play this mission 7+ times (since you may mess up and not kill him the correct way or if he escapes).

Looks like Maka needs to update the guide... ;)

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Oh man, that sucks. Luckily I downloaded it on release day and it was the first thing I played in the game. I got all 7 kills plus the testicle shot with no bugs or glitches to speak of all by reloading or dying. Took more than just 7 times reloading though it took me some time to destroy his car with him in it (for "No Escape"). He kept escaping...

I guess the only way around this is to clear your cache and play offline if you don't want to have to play this mission 7+ times (since you may mess up and not kill him the correct way or if he escapes).

Looks like Maka needs to update the guide... ;)

I will if more people can confirm this.

Had someone on PST forums also say it autosaved right away on them this week as well.

Okay. Played through again and got the bell achievement. Got riddled with bullets, and instead of "exfiltrate," it started with the target running to his car. Took advantage of that and got both the "shoot him in the car" and "destroy the car" and "nearby explosives" achievements. So, now I only have to play through three more times. :)

Just used Maka's method of letting them kill me and loading last save. No problems whatsoever. Even left the grenade kill until last as I was expecting it to freeze but it never did. Guess I just got lucky. Figured I'd let you know it worked for me without any problems Maka. July 18, 2014 btw