Veteran is a bitch!

Masster7897

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first. Veteran is spelled V-E-T-E-R-A-N.

Yeah, Vet is a pain in the arse at times but at others it's easy. Cod3 Veteran is a lot harder. The real pain is the constant enemy grenade spamming and the never ending spawning of them. I haven't really felt like playing it on Vet. I've only been getting 1 level done a month. Each one takes me about 4 hours. I just don't bother playing often. I'll probably make a point to get a level or two done this week. Here are the big problems I've noticed.

• Grenade Spamming (and you can't return the grenades)

• Non stop enemies until you reach the checkpoints

• You have to destroy a LOT of tanks with just sticky grenades.

• Your allies don't do anything to help you. They just get in your way.

One good thing is with the constantly respawning Allies you get, you'll never run out of ammo for your favorite gun. Here is the best piece of advice I can give. Make good use of your smoke grenades. They can save your life. A LOT!

Cod4 and mw2 1000g on both, cod2 and cod3 are a bitch to do, if the Germans had unlimited re spawns in the war and influx of grenades we would never stand a chance, but my good god my tactic is, throw grenades, then smoke grenades and run and gun.

This was definately one game that tried my patience. Stick with it and you can do it. The silo level and the defend the hill are the hardest parts in the game in my opinion. But when you complete them, you will have a great sense of accomplishment. I know I did.

Grenade spam on the second mission when you're trying to repair the phone wires. That is the thing that has pissed me off so much so far. I had to put the game down and go back to Bad Company 2 for awhile.

I picked up a used copy for $5 because I wanted the 1k GP but wow I didn't realize it would be that difficult 2 missions in haha..

I would have to say, granted I'm on Hill 400, which I hear is a bitch, I've been close to rage quitting and throwing my controller (which I honestly haven't done since playing the N64 when I was about 12) on the second to last Caen level, where you have to capture the German HQ. Fortunately, I discovered that you can get a checkpoint by clearing the house to the left of the HQ, and I beat it after about 5 or 6 hours of repeating the same checkpoint.

I would have to say, granted I'm on Hill 400, which I hear is a bitch, I've been close to rage quitting and throwing my controller (which I honestly haven't done since playing the N64 when I was about 12) on the second to last Caen level, where you have to capture the German HQ. Fortunately, I discovered that you can get a checkpoint by clearing the house to the left of the HQ, and I beat it after about 5 or 6 hours of repeating the same checkpoint.

??????

Can you repeat that please? I'm blocked on this part for 2 years so you learn me something! I try that NOW lol. If it works you are my god!

Edit : Yeeeah thank you for this tip! I have passed the level by clearing the left house before!

Edited by Kaizer Chiefs

On the 3rd mission when you come across a tank that you can't directly hit and it keeps moving around in a square how do you take it out directly?

I have cleared out the guys, then smoke spammed the 3 sides that it stays on, run out there and attempt to hit the sticky charge on it. I've hit it a few times with the sticky charge but then I somehow die. The tank runs me or or something, I'm not really sure.

Anyone have some tips on that? It's the Russia mission where you have to Battle to City hall, I think it's the final Russian mission.

The best weapon you have in this game are smoke grenades, without them it would be insanely difficult to beat.

Use them to advance through enemy positions but don't waste them, only use them when you feel you need to. Take your time, stay prone and look for good spots where you are able to pop in and out of cover.

Rushing through this game will just get you killed, it's straightforward with patience though.

On the 3rd mission when you come across a tank that you can't directly hit and it keeps moving around in a square how do you take it out directly?

I have cleared out the guys, then smoke spammed the 3 sides that it stays on, run out there and attempt to hit the sticky charge on it. I've hit it a few times with the sticky charge but then I somehow die. The tank runs me or or something, I'm not really sure.

Anyone have some tips on that? It's the Russia mission where you have to Battle to City hall, I think it's the final Russian mission.

I remember having to do this with no smokes cos I had already used them.

I think I hid behind the wall to the right of the middle and popped out when the tank came round on the right side of the square so smoke these areas so it doesn't see you and just wait for it to come round and when it stops go for it.

I remember having to do this with no smokes cos I had already used them.

I think I hid behind the wall to the right of the middle and popped out when the tank came round on the right side of the square so smoke these areas so it doesn't see you and just wait for it to come round and when it stops go for it.

tried that about 20 times, and failed. I gave up for now, I'll try again when I feel up for some more punishment lol.

??????

Can you repeat that please? I'm blocked on this part for 2 years so you learn me something! I try that NOW lol. If it works you are my god!

Edit : Yeeeah thank you for this tip! I have passed the level by clearing the left house before!

Oops, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but at least you got it. I literally spent more time on that level than I did with the rest of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I thinking having read the posts and hearing about the frustrastions people had had with Caen and Hill 500 I thought I was home and dry when I got onto the crossing the rhine end level....boy was I wrong....capturing the 3rd flak gun had me going insane lol