Help with quality of the game

Emfulz

Hopefully my question can be answered. I have a 32" Vizio TV but I do not have a HDMI cable to hook my xbox to HD but I really don't think this should be the problem.

I noticed only in multiplayer that the lighting is really bright and the distance is very blurred making it hard to play competitively at all. Now Campaign and Co-op do not have these problems, everything seems clear to me. Could it really be I need an HDMI cable or is it the tv or is BF3 really like this?

[For all fan boys: I'm getting MW3 too, so no hatred] :p

Hopefully my question can be answered. I have a 32" Vizio TV but I do not have a HDMI cable to hook my xbox to HD but I really don't think this should be the problem.

I noticed only in multiplayer that the lighting is really bright and the distance is very blurred making it hard to play competitively at all. Now Campaign and Co-op do not have these problems, everything seems clear to me. Could it really be I need an HDMI cable or is it the tv or is BF3 really like this?

[For all fan boys: I'm getting MW3 too, so no hatred] :p

Did you install the texture pack?

Try turning down your brightness. I jacked mine up to see if that helped me see people better and instead I ended up with those blinding flashes of light that you are describing.

Just so you know, the game does do alot of lighting changes (i.e. going from light to dark areas and from dark to light areas). Just like in real life, sometimes you do have to stop and let your eyes (i.e. tv screen) adjust. I think that is built into the game a bit to add to the realism.

Try turning down your brightness. I jacked mine up to see if that helped me see people better and instead I ended up with those blinding flashes of light that you are describing.

Just so you know, the game does do alot of lighting changes (i.e. going from light to dark areas and from dark to light areas). Just like in real life, sometimes you do have to stop and let your eyes (i.e. tv screen) adjust. I think that is built into the game a bit to add to the realism.

That could be the issue as well. I personally would rather deal with the dazzling brightness on some maps so that I can see people hiding in corners on darker maps.

That could be the issue as well. I personally would rather deal with the dazzling brightness on some maps so that I can see people hiding in corners on darker maps.

Well it's even dark maps. Like the darkness is so dark I can't really see my gun, like in a building. In the near future I'm going to buy a HDMI cable and see if that helps it at all. I can't stand playing the multiplayer part cause of it, or I'll just hook it up to my small standard TV and see if it's normal now. :o

I actually have a 32" Vizio. It's my wife's TV. My xbox is usually hooked up to my 50" plasma, but I'll hook it up to my wife's TV when I get a chance this weekend and let you know if I have the same experience with my HDMI cable. I will say that I noticed a pretty big difference when I upgraded from component to HDMI. Don't spend lots of money or anything, but get you a $20-$30 HDMI cable and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Hopefully my question can be answered. I have a 32" Vizio TV but I do not have a HDMI cable to hook my xbox to HD

Is this not clearly the problem? you playing in 480p rather than 720p/1080i so you've got half as much detail as if you were playing in HD well distance anyway, light all depends on the maps, turn down the brightness too much and parts of operation metro become super dark