Achievement Guide

Ramiel

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the Aerial Predator on Apocalyptic my first try on that difficulty with 174 kills

i have a few questions about this achievement. are the enemies weaker on an easier setting (can i kills them in less shots)? How do u track how many kills u got in the sequence? and also, is there a limit to how many guys u can paint at once?

edit... nevermind. i got the achievement with 191 kills. the key is paint the enemies real quick and release, real quick and release. don't worry if u miss a few just keep painting and releasing. i found it easier if i made my x and y controls more sensitive from the pause menu.

Edited by MASS DOMINATION

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/471/UP3ptU4=.jpgBattle Hardened 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Max out all weapons and unlock all combat moves

This will take time I would recommend doing this on the APOCALYPTIC difficulty as the enemies give more experience, get enhancements that gather more souls and gain more weapon exp, the chaoseater that you start with will later be replaced with a level 4 sword so you only need to worry about the Scythe and Tremor Gauntlet, when you get all the upgrades from Vulgrim and level up your weapons this should pop.

Thanks to CRA for this, "The best way to grind exp quite fast is equipping war's glory (which can be found in the spider dungeon). Then go from the iron canopy to the big "web door". from there go left through 2 rooms and jump down, exit on ground level and down the alley, down the stairs. enter the room, jump down, climb back up and return to the big door. rinse and repeat until all weapons are lvl 4."

War's Glory can be found just after the giant spider is killed a little further and you come to a area where you have to use your flight on the blue orbs and then grapple, if you boost off the first blue orb do a 180 and glide back the way you came, the chest will be right there.

Thanks to LasherM, "The achievement only pops "after" you get the Armageddon Blade. Even if you do level up the Chaoseater to level 4 that won't trgger it."

I actually found it easier to simply kill all the spiders in the room you drop into directly to the left after the big web door.

Once theyre all dead and, Head back towards the big door once youre near the big door return back to the spiders and theyre back, saves all the climbing and other doors. i made a pic to illustrate:

IRON CANOPY:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/bahamut_tiamat/spiderdkiil.png

:AR15i found a faster way do get the battle hardened achievement do the same thing he said go to the "big" door and jump down to the first room and kill all the spiders onces thats finshed head back up to the "big" door and jump down again and keep doing it till all your wepons are maxed.it is alot quicker than doing it the other way

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/471/UP3ptU4=.jpgBattle Hardened 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Max out all weapons and unlock all combat moves

This will take time I would recommend doing this on the APOCALYPTIC difficulty as the enemies give more experience, get enhancements that gather more souls and gain more weapon exp, the chaoseater that you start with will later be replaced with a level 4 sword so you only need to worry about the Scythe and Tremor Gauntlet, when you get all the upgrades from Vulgrim and level up your weapons this should pop.

Thanks to CRA for this, "The best way to grind exp quite fast is equipping war's glory (which can be found in the spider dungeon). Then go from the iron canopy to the big "web door". from there go left through 2 rooms and jump down, exit on ground level and down the alley, down the stairs. enter the room, jump down, climb back up and return to the big door. rinse and repeat until all weapons are lvl 4."

War's Glory can be found just after the giant spider is killed a little further and you come to a area where you have to use your flight on the blue orbs and then grapple, if you boost off the first blue orb do a 180 and glide back the way you came, the chest will be right there.

Thanks to LasherM, "The achievement only pops "after" you get the Armageddon Blade. Even if you do level up the Chaoseater to level 4 that won't trgger it."

wars glory is a legendary enhancement and its the first on eive got. do u need to collect all of them for the achievement or do u only need to collect the regular enhancements? thanks.

edit... do i need to fully upgrade my 4 wrath powers to get the battle hardened achievement or do i just need to full upgrade my weapon attacks? please respond soon!

Edited by MASS DOMINATION

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/471/UPwJTd0=.jpgHigh Flier 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill 5 duskbats without touching the ground

I also go this one in “The Choking Grounds” the one where you have to kill 30 enemies with finishing moves, the first 4 are the duskbats, it took me about 4 tries the 4th one would always fly to far to get the 5th, anyway jump and do the B move to do an instant kill as you are doing the move swing your camera to the next and push on the LS to jump towards it then hit B again close to it keep doing that and more should spawn before your done with the first 4 with some luck they will have moved close to you.

I found an alternate location for those that missed the opportunity at the above spot: Scalding Gallow/Dry Road en route to the sandworm dungeon. Right after you shatter the blue crystals at the entrance, and make a left turn into the freeway tunnel (before you open the gate using the chronosphere). There are two zombies on the ground and 5 duskbats hanging from the ceiling. Kill the zombies so they won't pester you, then get the duskbats to surround you. If you are having trouble getting them to unperch, use the boomerang to get them to fall down. Once you have them all around you, go to town using the same technique above - circling the camera during one kill to line up the next. Took me about 4-5 tries, but got it.

Edited by nel e nel

Great guide.

Enjoying the achievements in this game, its an ok list bar 2.

The horse riding one is an arse, you get the horse far too late in the game, to ride 100 miles naturally and there's actually hardly any places you can ride as well.

Also the final one for unlocking everything, tf is the point just add the score to other achievements, this is not PS3 we do not have platinum achievements.

Excellent guide. I'm currently workin' through it, and everything is very helpful. Just like to point out, and I don't know if anyone else has notice this or even cares, but it's goin' to bother me, that the Achievement for spilling 3000 gallons of demon blood is called "River of Blood", not "Rivers of Blood". Sorry, just kinda a personal thing I saw, not here to judge the guide, I think it's excellent.

Does anyone know if the stats travel across playthroughs?

For example, if I have finished the game on Apocalyptic but have not maxed out all weapons can I start again and my weapons will still powerful but not maxed out?

I haven't actually finished it yet but I don't want to get to the end only to find that I've missed some cheevies that can only be found late in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this was a brilliant game - especially so early in the year.

The Roadmap and Guide are very good here.

My advice - playthrough once on Apocalyptic. It took me precisely 20hr 30mins and I died 50 times - the majority of those in the first 8 hours or so when I was learning fighting techniques and the best use of targeting and dodging.

You should probably ignore the guide for everything but the 4 missable achievements unless you do not mind the story being ruined a little.

It is also worth noting that if you start on easy mode you can get what I would consider to be the 2 harder missable cheevs inside 1 hour - open air parking (in the first 10 mins or so) and get 160 kills on the angelic beast - so much easier this way.

Everything is gettable once you have completed the game - do not worry about missing anything.

All weapon experience is grindable in the iron canopy with spider kills - search the forum for an excellent guide that speeds this up so much.

The only thing that crosses over into different playthroughs is abysmal armour - so do not think you can grind weapons across playthroughs.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this forum - especially the guide/roadmap makers.

Roll on the sequels.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/471/UP8uWdM=.jpgImprovised Kills 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill 150 enemies with items from the environment

For this an easy way to get started is on the first level there will be lots of people running around in the chaos they count for kills so just pick up something and try to kill them before the other enemies. Later try and kill the zombies as they are weak, if you have a hard time finding them later in the game just attack some of the demons around until they have that finish move above their head then kill them, or just go back to "The Crossroads" lots of zombies still there.

Also when you get it throw on the “Ravager” Enhancement it improves damage with environmental weapons.

just wanted to say that multiple playthrough count, so if you're still not at your 150 kills by the end of the game, just start a new one on easy and finish the work

cheers to all and thanx for the time you spend writing all the guides

d.