Firing Range Test Device?

I basically just started the game. . . Doctor Heinrich Asks for you to test a device out in the firing range and then report back with the results.

The only problem is he never gave me the device. . . and the game doesn't say where to acquire said device. . .

Has anyone else ran into this situation? If so, what did you do?

Edited by ZingZitang

I assume it's leftover content from an earlier build. I ran into the same thing myself. I went to the firing range multiple times and fired at stuff. Never had anything. However, after I talked to some other people and did a mission, he gives you a mission in which your reward is a backpack that gives you more accuracy on the battlefield. I assume that's what he meant, but the quest is no longer doable from there (it sounds like a Quest, but it isn't, anyway).

Rest assured, it's just a glitch that doesn't have to do with anything. I got the "do all assignments from the base" achievement without ever figuring out what he was talking about.

Senile old codger.

You gave up faster than I did! Ha ha. I spent about an hour fiddling with it, thinking I glitched the game or missed something. I couldn't get into the lab right away, but when he started walking towards the doors, I used him to get into the lab. After that, I talked to him and he talked about some device.

I figured I'd just glitched it up at that point, and went in search of a way to unglitch it!

After an hour, I gave up on it and just continued what I was doing.

Yeah, I can confirm that there is no actual testing in the fire range side quest. On a bit of a side note, I finished my last investigation side quest before starting the Dam mission. I had been very careful to check everyone time and time again after each conversation to make sure I didn't miss anything so I'm pretty sure that it's the earlier you can unlock the spring cleaning achievement (not sure if you can after).

However, after I talked to some other people and did a mission, he gives you a mission in which your reward is a backpack that gives you more accuracy on the battlefield. I assume that's what he meant, but the quest is no longer doable from there

Actually when you first bump into Herr Doktor he gives you the device which is simply the attachment on your arm.

When you meet him in the lab he tells you that it should increase your accuracy and suggests you test it on the range and report back but as mentioned above... this is not an actual quest.

All your guys have the device when you start the first mission. The game is a little tempermental about displaying it on your arm as you move around inside the base though.

Az