What achievement would you purchase?

SkullFire58

If you were given the offer to spend MS Points or after reaching a GS milestone to unlock one achievement with the push of a button, one that's been haunting/taunting you or keeping you away from that shiny 100%, which one would it be? It can be a retail, arcade or DLC achievement.

Edited by SkullFire58

None, I rather dislike the idea of paying to unlock an achievement. Although if I HAD to pick...then I would pay to have the glitched 1 star engineer achievement unlocked in Enemy Territory:Quake Wars. I should have 1k in that game but nooooooo. lol

I agree I hate the idea. If i had to choose? The achievement in butterfly I am missing as my phone broke before I could finish the last few levels I needed to do. The game has been delisted so there is no way for me to get it back :(

But I would rather they put the game back up so I could earn it.

If you were given the offer to spend MS Points to unlock one achievement, one that's been haunting/taunting you or keeping you away from that shiny 100%, which one would it be? It can be a retail, arcade or DLC achievement.

By paying for it to be unlocked then it's not an Achievement. What fun is there in simply paying for something to unlock?

Not much different to paying for DLC, where you play to unlock achievements. The lengths people go to for some achievements is kinda scary, and also the reason why it's funny when you complain about overpriced content.

If you weren't paying 800 MS Points for an add-on because of 2-3 achievements, then there would be more of a reason for Microsoft to do something about the price.

I'd purchase ones where it requires you to get a certain number of kills with a weapon online. No way can I see myself getting 10,000 kills online for Gears of War, not like I could be bothered to do it anyway. Rather unlock it with a few dollars. :woop:

Ok, maybe spending money is lame. Maybe reaching a certain gamerscore? Basically, if you could earn one with a simple push of a button, which one would you pick? Also, some achievements are impossible to unlock, either from sever shutdown or glitches, though most glitched ones can still be obtained somehow. It could also be an extremely difficult one.

Edited by SkullFire58

Buying an achievement makes no sense whatsoever, unless it is this:

50gs Bought an achievement

-- You spent real life money to buy this achievement

You aren't really achieving anything, so by definition, you couldn't call it an achievement unless it was the above.

The only way I can see it work is if there are multiplayer achievements but the servers are closed down thus making them impossible to get. Even then you probably shouldn't have to pay for them, they should be granted.

I personally wouldn't buy any achievements... but if you are asking which one really is a pita, then (a little off-topic here) I would say the God of War Trophies, that made you fight in some kind of arena. I tried several hours and that darn last fight was to hard for me.

I think most people here don't want to spend 800 MSP on this, but I started this thread with the intention of 80 MSP or somthing around that. Sure, you could get alot more out of 80 points from an indie game, but if you used it wisely, it could be money well spent. Besides, that wasn't really the main question. I got a little too detailed I guess.