Poll: Do you drink alcohol? (READ BEFORE POSTING)

FatalDeathSG45

Do you ever consume alcohol?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever consume alcohol?

• Yes
    • No

I drink a lot, though I very rarely drink to get drunk/smashed (all things in moderation - including moderation).

I mostly get to a "pleasant buzz" point and play some video games.

Wines, champagnes, and malt liquors like Smirnoff Ice and Mike's Hard. I also have a bottle of Crystal Head Vodka and El Mayor Tequila for when I want to indulge in something stronger.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to identify as that as well. I don't hate people who are straight edge, so long as they don't hate me for drinking on occasion (which I know you don't by your post, so no worries).

I'm not ashamed for once claiming "straight edge" as I do feel it kept me out of trouble when I was in high school and up until I was 22. It kept me from getting interested in smoking, drinking, drugs and all that stuff while I was underage and kept me out of trouble. Thankfully, I never tried smoking or drugs and only drink on occasions. Straight edge is a positive thing if you aren't one of those dicks who tries to pick fights with everyone you see with a cigarette or a beer in their hand. It's an excellent "movement" (term used loosely) to be involved in when you're underage and are more prone to peer pressure.

As you said, candy, soda, coffee, and even water are bad for you if you abuse them. Basically anything is bad for you if you have too much of it.

I'm glad to say I am none of those people. Anything in moderation is okay. I have more personal reasons as to why I choose this, but I would much rather not get on those topics for the sake of the thread.

I'm a little surprised with some of the replys on here. Being honest i go out every 1-3 weeks to a club usually in cambridge and get drunk. Its alot different in the uk though most people are out on a friday get smashed and then end up in jail.. Welcome to britan :D.

Seriosuly though as a nation we're terrbile

People do that in the US too. There's this really great documentary about it that you may have heard of called "The Jersey Shore".

OT: I never drink alone, but I go out at least once every other weekend and usually to get drunk. I live in a big bar/club city, and I can also take a 5 minute train ride to NYC so it's hard to resist doing it. I probably have some kind of binge drinking problem, but whatever. I missed out on college so I'm making up time now before I get old and realize I've missed out on being stupid while I was young. I realize this is the justification of an alcoholic. 3rd generation, baby!

How is that stuff? I keep wanting to try it because, a) the bottle and b) it's owned by Dan Aykroyd... but I'm skeptical to spend $50 on vodka if it's no good.

And to answer the question, I drink a lot. Because it's fun.

You're mostly paying for the bottle, though the vodka isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. I'd say it's a tier above Stolichnaya in smoothness and otherwise.

“Life is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal.” - Some author who's name I can't be bothered to google :p

This is what it boils down to, whether you're tee-total or drink eventually you'll kick the bucket. If you wanna drink. drink.....

As for me, yes I drink (you wouldn't have guessed by the little lecture above now..... :p). Preferably Bourbon, Jack Daniels or Scotch.

Is alcohol in moderation actually any worse than consuming at shit load of sugar, or artificially sweetened drinks, chocolate, fried food and so on?

I don't smoke and never have because in my opinion it has a directly negative effect on health and is highly addictive. Alcohol, can be addictive, but it's never agreed with me to the extent where I can drink myself in to a hole over and over again. So a beer every now and then or a nice glass of wine won't do me any more harm than many other things in life.

We can drop dead at any moment, have a nutter drive in to our car, try and enjoy life a little, you may like it. ;)

I drink, not a lot, probably once or twice a month.

You can be responsible with it and have a good time, or you can be stupid with it and drink to much and have a terrible time.

I have done both. I once woke up in a hotel with no shoes and only the battery from my phone... wasnt fun. But you learn from your mistakes. (Also im still not sure if I was just super drunk or my drink was spiked). I also once threw up on my girlfriends head whilst she was asleep, (we are still together, thats love!).

The first time I met my girlfriends parents, was at a 40th, and the first thing her mum said to me was "Do you want some tequila?" I think it an initiation, and I passed lol.

I have also had some amazing nights with my friends being drunk.

I do drink alcohol, but not very often, mostly when someone else buys me a drink. I can't even afford to buy a Coke in a pub on a regular basis! Seriously, over a quid for half a Coke is ridiculous! Alcohol prices are ridiculous, too. It's the main reason I don't drink. I never drink to get drunk. I drink because I like the taste of what I choose to drink, and if I'm out with a group of people I get more relaxed and into things after a couple of drinks.

The last time I drank alcohol was just before Christmas, when me and some of my boyfriend's family went out for a meal..

To me drinking is a very pointless and wasteful exercise of your time and money....I have never seen the point and I dont like the smell of people breath and how loud and ignorant drunk people become....of course am not saying all drunk people are like that but most of them are....I also dont like the feel afterwards and I dont like knowing that I just spent 60 pounds on a night I cant 1.remember and 2.spent all that money....I could get a family ticket to a theme park and go on roller coasters or up grade my gym or even pay for my mma at that price.