RE6 will be an MMO

osea101

It seems now that the online paradigm has weaseled its way into my beloved franchise I can only make one conclusion about the future of RE: it will go MMO soon.

Think about it, the producer has said that the next game must re-write the rules of the game which means a probable exploitation of the online mode. The RE universe is rich enough to have its own lore and it's possible to incorporate RPG elements into a shooter (see Bioshock).

Here is the thing: RE has lost its intimacy by forcing co-op as the mode of choice next to that filthy creature of an AI. You will never regain the intimacy of the confined experience of the RE saga which means it must go MMO. It may not be on the same grand scale as WoW but an open-world RE RPG, is it so inconceivable?

I therefore predict that the next RE game will be completely void of all single-player elements and will introduce open-world online play. If it goes RPG is still debatable but we know it will carry a heavy emphasis on online functionality. I think it will go all the way.

Would I play it? Probably, an MMO would be less shallow than the pick-up-a-mate on LIVE thing.

Let me know your opinions

by forcing co-op as the mode of choice next to that filthy creature of an AI

I lol'ed at that.

But seriously I am skeptical as to how that would even work out. There still needs to be a story with one or two main characters. If you could elaborate more as to how it would work, it would make more sense to me..

Sheva's AI is truly sad in this game, at times I wish I could pay $300 just to be able to play this game by myself.

Dont' get me wrong, the co-op trend is awesome, and so is co-op campaign/merc in this game. But it is really frustrating watching your partner run out into the midst of battle (chap 5 - spoiler free) just for 100 gold, and getting teared to pieces, even with her bulletproof vest and defensive mode on.

Let's put it this way, I started the game on veteran (pretty hard), and over 90% of my deaths are Sheva-related. I wish the game had a stop/follow function like it did with Ashley in RE4 (it did right? :confused:)

AI problems

-Sheva will burn through your ammo stockpile (dont' give her anything but a stun rod)

-She runs out into the open for items in the midst of battle (if you call her back she'll keep trying)

- Uses your red/green vial when you're both over 70% hp

-The Attack/Cover commands are 100% useless

This is a great game dont' get me wrong, aside from the partner this is almost identical to RE4 (with graphics being the only improvement since 2005). But having a partner kind of loses the tention a little bit, and there aren't even that many "co-op necessary" places in the game.

Off the top of my head, I can think of maybe 4-5 places where you wouldn't have made it to unless you were playing with a partner, but the rest are just silly. (pulling levers and switches when they're literally 2 feet within each other) Things like that makes me wonder why couldn't have Capcom made Single Player Campaign single player only? If you wanted to do Co-op then you will have a partner, with the co-op areas being only reachable to those that are playing with a partner (aka special items, treasures, emblems)

Anyways in the end I'd give this game a 9.5, with everything being nearly perfect but suffers from the horrendous partner AI.

Ok, I don't agree it will be an MMO. Don't forget that most of the Resident Evil universe takes place in modern times, and all the action only takes place in missions. That'd mean that quite alot of the game would be just walking around the real world, which would be really boring.

It would be the Sims with guns. It's not happening.

Edited by Foxhound300

forcing co-op as the mode of choice next to that filthy creature of an AI.

I lol'ed at that.

But seriously I am skeptical as to how that would even work out. There still needs to be a story with one or two main characters. If you could elaborate more as to how it would work, it would make more sense to me..

Lol same here. I hate the AI. They suck. I went through veteran with AI and he did nothing (I was Sheva). But Veteran wasn't that hard.

capcom should just have resident evil 1,2,3,4,5 & maybe 6 as a compilation. a lot of people would love to replay the old ones in high definition and get achievements at the same time. an online MMO would be good if they made it free to play online, but DONT take away the single player.

Doubt it'll be a MMO. Hopefully they go back to the style of the older RE movies, more survival horror, more zombies. And make sure Albert Wesker is in the game, without him being the bad guy (although he would make an awesome main character) the series wouldn't be half as interesting imho.

Nice sig, dante is awesome.

Resident Evil would make a great MMO in my opinion, the MMO could take place in racoon city and players could take on the roles of ordinary citizens, realistic weapons and weapon locations, gun stores that replenish every 24 hours, barricading yourself into buildings, deciding whether its worth taking the barricade down to let in another survivor. Dying, and becoming a zombie (taking a dose of Daylight would turn you back into a survivor)

Zombies cant die, they respawn 1 hour after death, unless burnt or beheaded, if they have been they would just respawn as a survivor, if they havent they would respawn as a CRIMSON HEAD hellz yeah, come on capcom make it!

Thanks for the compliment, wanted to replace it but I didn't had time to create a new one yet. Several people already stole it, though. -_-

Anyways, the way you described it actually make it sound appealing. Who knows what'll happen in the future. :)

Remakes of older games doesn't sound bad either. I wouldn't mind replaying the older games with newer graphics and features.

Thanks for the compliment, wanted to replace it but I didn't had time to create a new one yet. Several people already stole it, though. -_-

Anyways, the way you described it actually make it sound appealing. Who knows what'll happen in the future. :)

Remakes of older games doesn't sound bad either. I wouldn't mind replaying the older games with newer graphics and features.

Dibs on the RPD building! :woop:

Who knows, maybe somebody with half a brain could keep the zombies out, lickers though... maybe not XD

Um hasn't this been done before? Resident Evil Outbreak. True it wasn't exactly a MMO but it's the closest thing you will get to a RE MMO. Outbreak was an online RE game that makes you play with other survivors.

That was basically a 3rd person Left 4 Dead. It wasn't even close to an MMO...

I think its going to turn out like farcry 2 but instead of zebras and crap running around make it millions of infected. the big troll guys, tribes men and african soldiers running aroundwith weapons. Have one of the achievements called rotten meat road {run over 100,000 infected}. have special compounds that you can take rufuge in and instead of having your car break down make it so you have to have it sterilized from infected tissue. If you don't the infected tissue turns into an uorboros/Ford hybrid type transformer and it throws you out of it and you have to fight it and infected. upgrades for the vehicle would be {2 foot spikes all over it, cainsaws on the weels, an auto sterilizer canister which you can use all thats stored in the tank at once as a steril bomb and you get to watch the infected melt. and a fully automatic spike gun that pins infected to trees and rocks].Oh well thats the way id do it. LOL :uzi::Bounce:

Uh....no. That's not even close to a MMO.

I know it's not exactly an MMO but im trying to say is that wouldn't it be the closest thing to an MMO? I mean imagine thousands of Survivors killing the zombies or Grandos if you take the later games. I mean just 50 survivors seem like alot. I really don't see how it would work which why I siad RE Outbreak would be like an RE MMO. I mean it was pretty much only online.