Xbox 360 Problem and Question

Incinderator

Ok, I was playing GOW2 today and when I started a match, the screen had a bunch of black pixels on it. The screen was also much darker than usual. Is this a problem with the disc or the 360? I'm guessing its the 360 because the same problem occured with my GOW and Burnout Paradise discs, but NOT at the menus or dashboard, only in actual gameplay. (It's NOT my TV, it works fine all the time and worked after I turned the Xbox off.)

One question too (hopefully not a stupid one), if my Xbox 360 Pro gets the RRoD, can I take out the hard drive and put in a new 360? I probably can, but I just want to make sure.

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

So... Does that mean my Xbox is about to die altogether?

I guess you could put it that way. That's what I'm assuming will happen to your 360. It's either you'll receive the RRoD, an Error Code, or soon your 360 will produce no image, but you'll still hear the sound coming from your TV. You can also trying using different A/V cables to see if that fixes the problem, but I doubt it's the cables.

Well, thanks for the help. I've had it for 2 years without any problems, so I guess its about time.

:(

I'll have to buy another because apparently, my warrenty is void because I put an Intercooler in it. I hear that's supposed to void your warrenty.

Oh well. As long as I can just exchange my hard drive to the new one.

EDIT: WOAH! I just got the E74 error! ...

Can someone tell me what exactly happened?

Edited by Incinderator

Well, thanks for the help. I've had it for 2 years without any problems, so I guess its about time.

:(

I'll have to buy another because apparently, my warrenty is void because I put an Intercooler in it. I hear that's supposed to void your warrenty.

Oh well. As long as I can just exchange my hard drive to the new one.

I suggest not telling anyone you had the Intercooler on.;)

Just as i thought...dead GPU.

I suggest not telling anyone you had the Intercooler on.;)

Too late for that.

Just as i thought...dead GPU.

So can I still exchange my Hard Drive to a new 360? Or did this error mess it up?

BTW, did this happen because I played it too much? Becuase my siblings and I only play for about 1 hour and 30 minutes at the max, and NO ONE plays right after one another. Did it just happen because my 360 was old?

Too late for that.

So can I still exchange my Hard Drive to a new 360? Or did this error mess it up?

BTW, did this happen because I played it too much? Becuase my siblings and I only play for about 1 hour and 30 minutes at the max, and NO ONE plays right after one another. Did it just happen because my 360 was old?

Where've you got the 360, is it well ventilated?

Yes, you can still swap your HDD to another 360. The only time your HDD won't work anymore, is if your entire HDD is corrupted.

I believe it's due to Microsoft and how they built the 360, so don't blame yourself. The E74 is the new RRoD. If you search here or even Google it, there are tons of cases in regards to the E74.

Yes, you can still swap your HDD to another 360. The only time your HDD won't work anymore, is if your entire HDD is corrupted.

I believe it's due to Microsoft and how they built the 360, so don't blame yourself. The E74 is the new RRoD. If you search here or even Google it, there are tons of cases in regards to the E74.

Well thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. :) I don't know when I'll get to get a new one (unless it's fixable, which, as I've heard, it isn't).

But, my Xbox is dead, so.... I hate to say it, but.... :(

*gulp*

I'm going to play the now pitiful excuse of a game system known as the Wii to try and have fun.

Well, it's not that bad...

Well thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. :) I don't know when I'll get to get a new one (unless it's fixable, which, as I've heard, it isn't).

But, my Xbox is dead, so.... I hate to say it, but.... :(

*gulp*

I'm going to play the now pitiful excuse of a game system known as the Wii to try and have fun.

Well, it's not that bad...

It's no problem at all. Glad I could help:)

I'm just sorry to hear your 360 is dead. It is repairable, but it'll cost around $100.

Ok, I was playing GOW2 today and when I started a match, the screen had a bunch of black pixels on it. The screen was also much darker than usual. Is this a problem with the disc or the 360? I'm guessing its the 360 because the same problem occured with my GOW and Burnout Paradise discs, but NOT at the menus or dashboard, only in actual gameplay. (It's NOT my TV, it works fine all the time and worked after I turned the Xbox off.)

One question too (hopefully not a stupid one), if my Xbox 360 Pro gets the RRoD, can I take out the hard drive and put in a new 360? I probably can, but I just want to make sure.

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

i had this problem before, i was using a non hd tv with hd video jacks, when i got an hd tv the problem went away, like a girlfriend with your walet at a mall.

The same thing happened to my xbox, I fixed the problem myself. Really what is happening is a chip on the board(gpu idk?) is lifting away from the board. If you want to open up your system, its a pretty simple fix. You just really need to push that thing down, I used erasers in my system.

The heat is to much in your system, and its been like that for 2 years. Something is bound to 'melt' off. My old system still works, but now I have upgraded from the Core(first gen 360) to the Elite super cool system.

EDIT: Oh it happened when I played games longer then about 10 minutes after the first time. Started when I was finishing up Civilization Revolution, carried onto CoD4 and Uno.

I didn't see what Jdm said at first but

"I'm just sorry to hear your 360 is dead. It is repairable, but it'll cost around $100."

Mine cost around.. maybe less than $1 for the erasers, I had tape already. But it takes a while to actually open the system. Of course, Warrinty should be a concern so think carefully before you try anything like this.

Edited by TheVoidRose

The same thing happened to my xbox, I fixed the problem myself. Really what is happening is a chip on the board(gpu idk?) is lifting away from the board. If you want to open up your system, its a pretty simple fix. You just really need to push that thing down, I used erasers in my system.

The heat is to much in your system, and its been like that for 2 years. Something is bound to 'melt' off. My old system still works, but now I have upgraded from the Core(first gen 360) to the Elite super cool system.

EDIT: Oh it happened when I played games longer then about 10 minutes after the first time. Started when I was finishing up Civilization Revolution, carried onto CoD4 and Uno.

I didn't see what Jdm said at first but

"I'm just sorry to hear your 360 is dead. It is repairable, but it'll cost around $100."

Mine cost around.. maybe less than $1 for the erasers, I had tape already. But it takes a while to actually open the system. Of course, Warrinty should be a concern so think carefully before you try anything like this.

The GPU being loose on the board is a very common problem. Through MS, it'll cost around $100 for repairs. It is a quick fix if you're tech-savvy. I've even seen some people use a stack of pennies to hold the chip in place.