1000 Career Points Achievement Mini Guide - Lots of advice inside

Kronikx

Hi guys. I've just finished my career mode and got the achievement, so if you're like I was and wondering how to get the 1000 career points, here's a few tips and guidelines to help you out along the way:

CAREER TIPS

• If you WIN every minor/major/master/slam in a season you will earn 420 points.
    ~
  • If you become rank #1 in the world you will earn 200 points. This basically means all you need to do is win every tournament in 2 seasons, and become rank #1 in the world (which you will DEFINATELY be if you win every tournament). This gives you the oppertunity to simply train and earn all your gold stars within the first 3 years and then go hardcore and win everything in the final 2 seasons.
    ~
  • In season 3 May 15th you will have the choice of either entering a tournament or having a mystery match for some rich guys birthday - choose the mystery match. Your opponent will be your rival, and if you win you will gain tons of silver and gold stars which will be essential if you intend to win every tournament in season 4/5.
    ~
  • Train for the first 2 years but try and win as many minor tournament as you can, you wont stand much of a chance in majors at this point. Winning minor tournaments in the first 2 years will gain you stars and money for training.
    ~
  • You can NEVER lose career points, so if you reach 1000 before season 5, you can simulate everything and you will still get the achievement.
    ~
  • When playing in slams, if you win a tough game, exit & save then reload the game, this will save you alot of frustration if you lose the next game or have a power cut etc. If you are simulating and accidently lose and important game - go to the dashboard !
    ~
  • Simulating can seem very crap at times, you will be ranked #1 in the world and lose to somebody ranked quite low (even #100+) despite you being clearly the better player. The way I found to get around this was to enter the game, play maybe the first set (or just break the cpu once), and then after that try simulate the games and you will find you get a far better result from simulating the games. I think this may be something to do with momentum? But it sure worked for me (I only worked this out towards the end of my career!! Should be a good tip for you to try out though).

GAMEPLAY TIPS

• Some players will serve very wide causing you to struggle to return the ball, and when you return it they will nail a shot that is unreachable. The way I countered this is by always standing at the half way point (between the middle to the side) and press Y for a lob shot, this gave me PLENTY of time to get in position and give myself an excellent chance of winning the point as it pretty much eliminated the CPU's advantage of serving and having me out of position.
    ~
  • Players like Moya & Hewitt are extremely fast and will get almost every ball, so training your power and precision is a very good idea to beat people like this as it tends to counter their speed and you eventually will make them slip up if you keep them under pressure (keep them running) (I had both power and precision on full gold stars)
    ~
  • I almost never dropped a game when it was my service - the way I did this was to first train my power and precision to a high stat (I had 5 gold stars on service if you're wondering), and then if I was serving from right to left (if i was on the bottom court it was right to left, if i was serving from the top it would be left to right) I would use X to serve very wide (try get it as close to MAX as possible), and then the CPU would struggle to reach it, i'd just get in the right position (you will learn where they return this serve since they do the same shot 90% of the time) and use a flat shot (A) with alot of power (aim away from the player obviously) and almost 100% of the time they wouldn't reach it.
    ~
  • If I was serving from right to left (at the bottom) or left to right (from the top) I would use a flat serve (A) out wide (if you use X it curls inwards) and then I would just do the same as above, try and hit a powerful flat shot away from the cpu. This one isn't as effective as the other, but you will still find it works most of the time.
    ~
  • Learn the advanced shots ! These are excellent if used correctly. The only advanced shot not worth getting in my opinion is the LT+A one. LT+X is easy to get during a match because it requires such little momentum yet it is is VERY effective as it can get you out of a sticky situation. If you find yourself being pushed wide on the run, USE THIS SHOT ! it will slow the game down and allow you to get back into position. As for LT+B, if you hit one of these on the volley it will almost always get you the point, even not on the volley if you put an angle on it (hold the left stick left or right for a while) it will provide you with an excellent shot which will win you the point ALOT of the time.
    ~
  • For a guideline if you wish, here are the stats of my created character:
    ~
  • Stamina: 2 Stars
  • Reflexes: 3 Stars
  • Focus: 0 Stars
  • Service: 5 stars
  • Speed: Maximum Stars
  • Forehand: Maximum Stars
  • Backhand: Maximum Stars
  • Volley: 0 Stars
  • Power: Maximum Stars
  • Precision: Maximum Stars
  • Spins: 0 Stars

Using my techniques my career panned out as follows:

Season 1: 40 (trained + won a few minors)

Season 2: 130 (trained + won alot of minors, maybe a major but not sure)

Season 3: 537 (became rank #1 + won every minor & a mixture of majors/masters/slams.)

Season 4: 420 (won every tournament)

Season 5: 89 (simulated everything)

Hope this helps some of you. :)

Edited by Kronikx

Great guide. I'm having terrible problems even beating the first grand slam.

You actually get the billionaire birthday as soon as you get all 60 bronze stars

You meet your rival when you're rank 25 or better.

And you can actually get 1000 career points in season 2, although you have to be incredibly skilled.

Also, you neglected to mention that your character has 10 speed.

Edited by blueberrypete

Thanks. :)

You sure about the billionaire birthday being after all bronze stars ? I read elsewhere that you got it on may the 15th in third season, and that was the exact same date that I got it too ... strange.

Getting 1000 by season 2 would be worth 1000 gamer points, I take my hat off to anyone that can do it ... !

I forgot about my speed ! I'll edit my post. ;)

I've always gotten the billionaire birthday early in my second season. I usually train until I hit level 5, that way I maximize the number of stars I get.

I had to restart my character 3 times. It's critical to have reflex above 3 stars, otherwise your matches are ridiculously hard.

If you're insanely good, you could get by with 0 stars in stamina. Although 2 is probably more than enough if you are playing a female (all matches are best out of 3 for female). And maybe 4 or 5 max for a male (big matches are best of out 5 for males).

Also, the ball flies alot slower for female matches... this makes returning the serves alot easier! If you want to get the 1000 achievement asap, you should ABSOLUTELY pick a female character.

Edited by blueberrypete

• 4 weeks later...

Quality guide mate! Im doing a career at the moment on Top Spin 2 and i have just finished the 4th season of five, and i have 661 career points. i WAS going to sim the final season and start again as i thought i wasn't able to get enough points in the last season, but i know i can win all tournaments in this year so according to your guide i can make 1000 :woop::)! I shall get to work, thanks again for a top post.

• 1 month later...

i am past the may 15 in 3rd season but only have like 53 stars as i have been playing tourneys.so i presume i have to get 60 stars.i did get up to rank 6 in the world in season 2 but didnt have many stars so i missed a lot of tourneys to get stars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah also a good tip for people... You get a point every winning shot so if you get to deuce against an easy opponent in a minor tourney or something just score a point then let her score then just keep doing that pretty simple really i got over 200 points in a single game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips. Going to update everything here.

Season 1 - 49 points.

Won a few minors, 3 majors and trained.

Season 2 - 574 points (suprised at how high that is)

Alot of mixed tournaments, ended up with rank 2 at end of season, maxed out char with all 60 GOLD stars. Once i finish the career i will post a detailed guide on how to max your char in a season and a half.

Season 3 - 780

Became rank 1 in march, decided to sim rest of season, dont know why, curiosity got the better of me. Still got 2 seasons left anyways. :p *kicks himself in the nuts*

Season 4 - 918

Won the Australian Open, won all minors and majors (they were simmed) going to do the exact same in season 5, i hope i just dont regret doing this because once season 5 is done with i aint playing this game again, i hate it. -.-

Season 5 - EXACTLY 1000

Just simming the rest of the season as i really really hate this game, hoping to get 1000 points if i dont i'm never going to play the game again and im going to brake the disc untill it feels my pain.

You have no idea how much of a relief it was to see 1000. PHEW!

Anyways heres a recap.

Tournaments Played - 69

Tournaments Won - 45

Best Ranking - 1st

Longest Time Ranked First - 12 weeks

Races Won - 0 (no idea what that is)

Training completed - 100%

Coin Earned - 17, 027, 000

Career Points Season 1 - 49

Career Points Season 2 - 525

Career Points Season 3 - 206

Career Points Season 4 - 138

Career Points Season 5 - 82

Look below 2 posts down to find how to get full gold stars in a season and a half.

Edited by Tsaako

• 3 months later...

Playing as a woman

1st season 13 trained a lot and won a few minors

2nd season 36 trained and won some minors

3rd season 568 trained early and played in the may 15th event and won a lot

4th season 371 won all except losing in finals of 2 slams

5th season 276 won french and wimbledon and others

Total 1264

Earned $21,443,000, 47 weeks #1, races won 3, tournaments won 45 played 52

Edited by david10985

Can I do this without winning slams. I keep coming up against the same person who I just cannot break whatever I try....sometimes I lose something like 16-14 games in the final set tie break. I always face him in the quarter finals, and always lose. I have no problem against him in the first set or other tournaments. I have beaten him in the masters but cannot beat him in the slams. It means Im not winning any slams.

Ive just done Wimbledon 3rd season and lost to him again. Ive met him in this round every slam.

Can I do this without winning slams. I keep coming up against the same person who I just cannot break whatever I try....sometimes I lose something like 16-14 games in the final set tie break. I always face him in the quarter finals, and always lose. I have no problem against him in the first set or other tournaments. I have beaten him in the masters but cannot beat him in the slams. It means Im not winning any slams.

Ive just done Wimbledon 3rd season and lost to him again. Ive met him in this round every slam.

I am experiencing the same thing... I have only won one slam (I got lucky) and I am half way through my fourth season. I am rank 1 so I'm not doing badly. I think if you win the majority of major, masters and minor tournaments it shouldn't be a problem. I think if you beat a few opponents in the slams it should be ok. I will let you know when I finish the career (thats if I finish it before you).

I can confirm that not winning in slams will gain you the achievement. I only won in one slam throughout my whole career and got the 1000 career points tonite. What people shouldn't do is the special events (except the birthday match as that gets you the gold stars) because the special events don't gain you points. The best thing to do is just make sure you win every major, minor and master. Winning two and maybe three games in a slam also gains points too. I would warn people not to get too complacent though, at the end of the 4th season I had 960 points so I decided to simulate many weeks and simulate rounds in tournaments. I ended the career with 1086 points, which was pretty close. If you end season 4 with over 900 points I would advise you to win every minor/major and master tournament as well as coming as far as possible in slams because at the end of the day you don't want to be doing the whole career again...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...