The Kindness of Strangers

Agent Mantis

Prove that not every player is a juvenile D-bag! Post your stories of random acts of kindness performed by other players.

I'll get the ball rolling. I was being repeatedly attacked by a pair of players from the same crew armed with what seemed like an infinite amount of RPG's. They'd blown up my custom car and would spawn kill me almost instantly, I was about to turn the console off in rage when a crew of 5 other players rolled up to "protect" me as they'd seen what was happening and didn't like it! We proceeded to kill the 2 griefers over and over until they got the message and left the session!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't experienced any acts of kindness from strangers as of yet but I do it all the time. Although it's usually met with hostility :rolleyes:

A few days a ago I noticed a guy taking a car to Simeons place at the docks so I drove all the way down there to pick him and give him a lift back to the city. He waypointed the barber shop of all places lol.

And yesterday I was in a session with only 2 other players and again someone tried to deliver the high priority vehicle and the other guy was chasing him the whole way there. So I flew to the docks in a chopper, got there before them and sniped the guy chasing him so he could deliver the car in peace lol.

On saturday there was two occasions where i saw helicopters harrassing people by repeatedly blowing them up. I was on top of one of the taller buildings, So i quickly took out my sniper rifle and took care of the helicopters, on both occasions. Seemed like the right thing to do. Sometimes i wonder if they should just take tanks, and helicopters with guns out of the online multiplayer, it would cause less havoc and let more people enjoy the game, even though i know people still shoot eachother.

Sadly, I don't think this thread will grow especially quickly.

But I'll offer my small example: I mostly play with my brother, and at one point he waited for me near the finish line of a race after I had wiped out, just so I wouldn't get a DNF (and lose out on $ and RP). We started making a habit of it, and last night I did it by reflex to a stranger...I think I totally baffled him. I still pulled in for first place, just wanted to make it worthwhile for him.

I also consider it simple courtesy to stay in any lobby I join, and will play the mission even if it's just me and the host. Nothing more annoying than watching a list of impatient pricks join and leave after 5 seconds.

Edited by daishichi

I thought I ran into an act of kindness today as some stranger came and killed these other 3 guys who were in the same crew for me as they kept killing me...the kindness ended when after he killed the 3 guys he then killed me and exploded my car :/

Zero, none, everyone I have played with is a fucking douche nozzle. Even one of my friends came at me when I was trying to survive a bounty haha.

Actually I went to play tennis to work on my aces platinum and figured it couldn't do any harm to try a 5 set game for the other 2 medals. The random who joined stuck with it even though I won the first 2 sets 6-0 and I was up 5-0 in the third. I was sure he would quit. That guy was my hero.

Edited by Metabolic XBA

Did my part by running into a gang battle (the large red circle deal) to help someone. He pointed his gun at me but I guess he realized I wasn't there for him, I just wanted to kill the gang AI. I probably kept him from getting the 10 killl achievement but I still helped regardless lol

Someone did this to me the other day when I had 1 enemy left to kill.

As soon as I killed the last enemy the guy that came over triggered his own gang attack and the crate and money from my gang attack disappeared.

Not only that, his enemies then started killing me but I couldn't see them on the mini map for some reason. (I assume because it was his gang attack)

So he well and truly fucked me tbh. It probably wasn't you. But if it was, you are a ballsack :p

I was just minding my own business driving around when I randomly exploded (I didn't get a message telling me who killed me) ....I called the insurance comp for a replacement then set a way point to my car. As I'm running down the street a player drove up honking his/her horn. I got in and they drove me to my car and just drove away. It wasnt until later that night that I thought about how kind that was. I know it's a small silly thing but it was nice.

Thank you, whoever you are.

I was just minding my own business driving around when I randomly exploded (I didn't get a message telling me who killed me) ....I called the insurance comp for a replacement then set a way point to my car. As I'm running down the street a player drove up honking his/her horn. I got in and they drove me to my car and just drove away. It wasnt until later that night that I thought about how kind that was. I know it's a small silly thing but it was nice.

Thank you, whoever you are.

If you call your mechanic after you call the insurance company, he will deliver that car for you. I haven't had any acts of kindness, plenty of people like to camp my garage til I drive out, then I run them over with that brief time of invincibility :woop:

I often do random acts of kindness. Like if I see someone AFK I kill them so they not in middle of street. Then I go to where they spawn and keep helping them move from location to location so no one bothers them with the end of my rifle.

I will often show my acts of random kindness by killing people getting chased by cops or other players. That way they can spawn somewhere else in peace also. I do this often and without prejudice. Though the best way I help people is by killing the ones with bounties on their heads. With no bounty they no longer hunted. Its the little things that help the community.

I wish I could, but my time in Los Santos so far has been nothing but crime and murder. :p

The only kindness I've received is when I started a gang war, two friends (crew tag) showed up in a car and helped me finish it (not that I needed help) but straight after they blew me up with a launcher, neither of them were high levels either. -_-

No kindness lasts, everyone's evil, there's always a motive.. Lol.

If I am in my chopper I usually take on any police that are chasing another player.

I had this happen to me today. I was causing havoc at the army base trying to get a 5 star wanted level and I noticed a player crashed his car in the marshlands nearby trying to escape the police. He had at least a 3 star rating because 2 choppers were chasing him.

I thought I would help him out by shooting them down and sure enough in return he decided to give me some bullets. Or course, I was in my chopper at the time so the only way I could receive them was to have him shoot them at my chopper so I could catch them. Nice guy:p