Roadmap for Xmen arcade

The BEAst in I

Since there isn't one on the main site I figured I would make one.

[*][*][*][*] 100% Submitted and published

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10

-Offline: 165/200; 10/12

-Online: 35/200; 2/12

-Approximate amount of time to 200: <2 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1, 5 replays of lv 8

-Number of missable achievements: 5 technically *See special note 1

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes

-Glitchy achievements: Master of Magnet

-Unobtainable achievements: None

-Extra equipment needed? Extra controllers

Introduction: Welcome to X-men arcade; which was originally release by Konami in 1992. This game allows you to play as 1 of 6 different X-men Cyclops, Night Crawler, Colossus, Storm, Dazzler or Wolverine. Use any 1 of these 6 characters to stop Magneto from wreaking havoc alone or with up to 5 friends.

Ok this game breaks down very simply 12 achievements for 200 points and takes no longer then 2 hours to complete. I only put 2 hours which is on the high side as it accounts for a possible bug in the Master of Magnet achievement in which some characters don't save when you beat level 8 with them; Cyclops is the most common from what I can tell but 1 of my friends had I believe it was Storm or Dazzler bug on him. If it does bug on you then playthrough the entire game again with character that didn't save. You can tell if it didn't save by if the saving notification doesn't show up shortly after beating Magneto. The 2 6 player achievements need to be done online as each xbox can only sport 4 controllers meaning you would be 2 short.

*Special Note 1: Technically 5 missables not including 6 player achievements as thats co-op and story related. Super mutant (co-op), Turn pyro to toast, Grounded, and BAMF. Super mutant is only available in co-op on the Japanese ROM. For the others refer to the guide for info on how to obtain them.

Step 1: Play as Cylcops and play on expert. (If co-op then Japanese ROM)

Expert is not hard as you can spam mutant powers (drains health) and continue as much as you like with 0 consequences. I recommend doing Cyclops first as he has the highest tendency to bug for the Master of Magnet achievement. Keep pushing forward and go as fast as possible. If you have a friend helping out it will make it go alot faster and increase your chances of getting BAMF on first playthrough. If you don't get it on your expert run set it to normal and just blaze through it for your achievement; make sure to select a character you haven't already used.

You should obtain the following achievements in this step:

Super Mutant (Co-op Jap ROM)

Xavier would be Proud

Turn Pyro to Toast

Kidnapped

Score Inflation

Grounded

Welcome to Die

Xpertise

BAMF (under 25 minutes)

Step 2: Master of Magnets and 6 player co-op

By this point you should have 9 out 12 achievements only missing Master of Magnets, Largest party, and You fell into our trap. Both Largest party and You fell into our trap require 6 "players" Grab a buddy or 2 and each of you sport a guest using a spare controller. I did it with my friends Silvyr and JRnicus and we each used 2 controllers each to make the 6. Don't worry you don't have to drag them for an entire playthrough just have them plugged in but not entered into the game and once you reach Juggernaut enter each guest into the game. You will immediately pop Largest Party and after a short scene with Mystique the achievement You fell into our trap will pop. Now all thats left is to playthrough the final level 5 more times with each of the different characters making sure it saves after Magneto is defeated. Once you have done this Master of Magnets will Unlock. If not refer back to the introduction for instructions on how to fix this.

You will unlock the following in this step:

Largest Party

You Fell into our Trap

Master of Magnets

Conclusion: As long as no bugs occur with Master of Magnets and you get BAMF squared away no problem you can easily get this game completed in about an hour. My total time probably clocked about an hour and 15 minutes. Congrats on the easy completion and thank you for reading

Edited by KillerBEA

read the very first sentence i typed. there is no roadmap on the main site which means his was not accepted so i made my own

in step two, you said the cut sceen with the white queen but it is mystiyc (sp?) but good road map.

you are right it is Mystique. the achievement description threw me off will edit when i get home work in a few hours

Edited by KillerBEA
Corrected spelling of character name

I will change it so its has it as online and thank you for the spelling correction for Mystique.

Edited in the Mystique correction and the online 6 player achievements edited aswell. If there is anything else that is needed to be changed please let me know.

Edited by KillerBEA
Updated