Is no one playing like a Ghost? :/

iSs Baillie

I'm with you on this. I didn't use the videos myself as I already completed my Ghost run before even finding them...but when I played Ghost I maybe took out a total of 5 guards that I didn't really have to touch. The rest were enemies I was required to take out.

I guess people don't have the patience to wait it out while the enemies move away from their patrol nor do they want to risk getting caught while sneaking past them.

It is fun? For some it's more fun than sneaking past and not laying a finger on the enemy. I like playing both ways personally. I will mostly quietly knockout or kill the enemies though. I've always loved watching someone get chocked out etc. I'm real big on seeing those animations, so I am not going to go through the whole game leaving them untouched.

I have a Walkthrough too, Full Ghostrating, No Kills, incl all Collectibles and minimum Knockouts (99% only needed for continue Game and capture the HVT)

It is serious hard work and cost a lot of hours to test and record this way of playing ;)

Regards

PS: Site F currently rendering, online in 5-6h

Edited by 360GameTV

I did a speed run of Site F (I wish I had a way to record)... I actually died at the end and was screw that and re-tried the checkpoint.... Ghosting Site F with no knockouts is very easy if your careful and patient and you know the best ghost path....

Here is my walkthrough: (Will be complete within 18 hours)

I've mostly done sections completely ghost and only knockout if necessary or there's a small problem with an enemy. The first few missions aren't the absolute best, but there are really good runs in there with minimal kills/knockouts. You must be viewing the wrong walkthroughs though.

I personally completed first 5 missions mastering Ghost on Perfectionist, leaving everyone untouched, and after I mastered it, in the following missions to the end I simply knocked down a guy standing in my way and was leaving others behind because the game and the story is not that interesting for me to play it through multiple times or try to master every mission, achievements is all I need, not 100% - completing the challenges and stuff.

I have seen the guides and everyone just takes down all the guards, why is no one actually attempting to get through the game without a trace? No knockouts, just go and do the objectives?

I know there are areas where you have to take down enemies, but I feel like I'm the only one who has done this.

You're not the only one, but it is quite challenging which is why people may avoid doing that. I finished my first playthrough as a ghost.

I have seen the guides and everyone just takes down all the guards, why is no one actually attempting to get through the game without a trace? No knockouts, just go and do the objectives?

I know there are areas where you have to take down enemies, but I feel like I'm the only one who has done this.

I think your putting yourself on a pedestal saying something like that-just cos 2 or 3 vids/posts involve taking guards down,you feel or presume your the only one not doing it!

Its all down to personal choice,i always try for the 'ghost' option where possible-it can save u a ton of trouble done right-but I have to admit that the 'panther' playthrough I did was more fun and enjoyable than the 'ghost' run.The 'assault' style of play does kind of defeat the object of a 'Splinter Cell' game but again its all down to the individuals choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I've rather given up on Co-op. Everything that's soloable I've done so on perfect in ghost excluding the charlie missions as I'm not willing to piss away my time working on that trying to perfect it.

Briggs missions beyond piss me off, because 90% of the people that seem to bother with it have like all the MP achievements but ZERO of the goddamn story achievements. Then they decide well let's just machine gun fucking EVERYTHING. gets us caught numerous times, worthless twats.

I've rather given up on Co-op. Everything that's soloable I've done so on perfect in ghost excluding the charlie missions as I'm not willing to piss away my time working on that trying to perfect it.

Briggs missions beyond piss me off, because 90% of the people that seem to bother with it have like all the MP achievements but ZERO of the goddamn story achievements. Then they decide well let's just machine gun fucking EVERYTHING. gets us caught numerous times, worthless twats.

I know how you feel. Every random I get for coop also has mainly multiplayer achievements done and don't know what they're doing in coop especially in Brigg's missions since he requires an coop partner, frustrating indeed.

I've only started playing this over the weekend, am I right in thinking Ghost is completing levels without even knocking enemies out?

I've never really played an SC game upto now.

You can and sometimes need to knock out enemies.

Ghost means that no one sees you and leave no trace you were there.

You can either non-lethal or Lethal take down, hand-to-hand or silenced weapon or sleep gas/darts.

As long as no one sees you or hears you, you did it ghost (non-lethal) or panther (lethal)

I've only started playing this over the weekend, am I right in thinking Ghost is completing levels without even knocking enemies out?

I've never really played an SC game upto now.

For those of us who are old school/ purist's then yes, but ghosting a level using the system UBI put in place you can ghost a level by knocking everyone out and making sure you are not seen.

For those of us who are old school/ purist's then yes, but ghosting a level using the system UBI put in place you can ghost a level by knocking everyone out and making sure you are not seen.

Right, just the name 'ghost' implies leaving no trace you were even there to me. Leaving a trail of unconscious bodies doesn't really fit that description for me! Lol

Cheers for clearing that up, I wasn't sure if I'd missed something as I'm new to the series.

Right, just the name 'ghost' implies leaving no trace you were even there to me. Leaving a trail of unconscious bodies doesn't really fit that description for me! Lol

Cheers for clearing that up, I wasn't sure if I'd missed something as I'm new to the series.

Just remember if you do knock out someone, move the body if you think it may be found, because if they do find it, they are alerted and you get Panther points instead when you complete that section for the remaining enemies ('Hostiles Undisturbed' [Ghost points] over 'Hostiles Evaded' [Panther points]). Also, when you move a body, make sure you don't put it in an area where it can die, like throwing it over a railing (or throwing it at all) or dropping it a good distance. It can still die if you do that, then you won't get the 'no kills' for that mission. I screwed that up on Abandoned Mill my first run through.

If it came to that, I would just create a session on TA and state that we will be playing this or that style. That way the people who join will have a better understanding of how I would want to play. If they decide to do what they want and go guns blazing, session over.

Luckily I have a personal friend who also got the game so I can knock out Briggs' missions with him online instead of playing with a random. I can do Charlie's myself, like I did Kobin's and Grim's.

I've played all campaign, Grim's and Kobin's missions, and out of those 17 (not counting Guam or American Fuel), I've Ghosted 12 and Panthered 8. I've only Assaulted 2 (Safehouse and Opium Farm) as I don't really like playing that style. That's gonna take some time and patience, more so than sneaking around.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Yea that is my whole reasoning behind not touching anyone that I am absolutely forced to deal with, such as objectives or quick time events.