What is everyone's thoughts on it?

Ben Sharpe

I just finished Chapter 2 and I have to say im not impressed by the game. Its ok so far, but the controls are clunky, the camera angles are all over the place and the graphics are nice but a bit glitchy at times.

But hopefully I can get a bit more used to it all, I was starting to get pissed off at the driving section, the cars handle like shit considering the developer normally makes only racing games.

It just feels like they have tried to cram too much into the game, and not properly finished it.

I just finished Chapter 2 and I have to say im not impressed by the game. Its ok so far, but the controls are clunky, the camera angles are all over the place and the graphics are nice but a bit glitchy at times.

But hopefully I can get a bit more used to it all, I was starting to get pissed off at the driving section, the cars handle like shit considering the developer normally makes only racing games.

It just feels like they have tried to cram too much into the game, and not properly finished it.

That's true, in the beginning I felt the same way but when you're in Central Park this doesn't really matter anymore. I love the way you solve the puzzles, those are not the usual "press the hidden button" puzzles.

I really like the game, the story is superb and the those episodes are refreshing. Every episode ends with a cliffhanger.

Battles were a pain in the ass but i'm used to it now, I never wanted to use the good combinations of items but you'll find ammo and items everywhere. Now I'm a real badass killer.

The cam does suck, that's why I play only in FPS mode.

Btw, if you hate the driving already....wait till you're in episode 3 or 4.

I felt the same as you lot after the first Chapter but now about half way through 3 I am loving it, it is really exciting and the puzzles and the way you slove stuff is brilliant

Haha, I just came back to say the exact same thing, the third chapter is really good and im getting more used to the fighting and camera now.

Btw, if you hate the driving already....wait till you're in episode 3 or 4.

It wasnt just the handling that anoyed me, I got used to that, it was more the fact that I kept dying for no reason at all, was a bit frustrating.

I like it, I thought I'd like it more tbh, annoying how much I died on CH2 at the driving bit(managed to get the 10mile achieve lol), but I like the way there is a decent storyline, going to finish up on Lego Indy though before I carry on. Want the game to last longer than 2/3 days as each level doesn't seem to take very long and there isn't many chapters.

On the one hand it is frustrating me big time, some things are to much based on simply trial & error (esp. the driving bits). But the overall storyline, epic feeling like your in a movie and especially the puzzles are enough for me to not regret getting this game and enjoying it quite a lot (in-between cursing it at the driving sections :p).

The clumsy controls as most people said above me you get used too once you hit central park. Overall a very enjoyable game so far, so I'm positive about it.

i've been waiting for this game to come out since i heard about it, how difficult is it to get all the achievements?

Seems quite easy, especially since you can go back and forth in chapters to pick up things you missed. Most of them are story related so will come by itself anyway. The rest doesn't seem to difficult (al through I'm dreading doing the driving section again for one of the hidden achievements)

just completed chapter 3 I'd been looking forward to this game for so long and was a bit dissapointed with the reviews I saw today and how short the game looks and after the dodgy camera and controls it wasn't looking good but after chapter 2 once you've got used to it, it just gets amazing I'm loving this game too much at the moment it's so good.

ive just finished chapter 3 and ive really enjoyed it,the controls are awkward at first,but its easy to get into it.i just wish the inventory system was better,im carrying a torch around thats useless cos id rather carry other stuff instead of a coat full of batteries

ive just finished chapter 3 and ive really enjoyed it,the controls are awkward at first,but its easy to get into it.i just wish the inventory system was better,im carrying a torch around thats useless cos id rather carry other stuff instead of a coat full of batteries

I'm halfway chapter 5 now and I've not had batteries with me for a long time and not really missed them. It would have probably made my life easier with one puzzle/section but you can do without them. At some point you do really need your flashlight again and magically it seems I had battery power to it again.

I've noticed this in other sections as well. If you truly need something to solve a puzzle or else the game would be "stuck" the game so far always seems to provide you with the needed tools. Like the flashlight magically having some battery-power again or a section where you just need a knife, and lord behold a kitchen with one lying around.

So overall I'd say just take what you feel most comfortable with and use a lot. The rest the game will provide plenty off (except for health sprays ;) ). In my case it means lots of explosive bottles for lighting up my bullets :p

I'm at the end of chapter 5 and my impressions have changed a lot since I started playing.

My first impression of the game was horrible. The controls suck, using objects like chairs to fight enemies was horrible, it was really frustrating.

Since the achievements were really easy and I had nothing else to play, I decided to try it again. Restarted the game and tried to get used to the controls. They still suck and I still take a lot of hits on really easy situations, but, since the game ended up being really easy, it's not that frustrating.

Things improved a lot when I finally finished chapter 2 and started roaming around Central Park. On larger enviroments (and of course, being a lot more used to the crappy controls) the game started to get better and better.

The story is nice, the graphics are good (nothing extraordinary, but not bad too) and the kind of varied gameplay the game offers is the key point here. It keeps changing situations and being more and more like an action movie. Really interesting to play.

To resume everything I said, the game is really well made in almost every aspect, but was almost ruined by the worst controls I've seen on a 360 game so far. It's not impossible to have fun and like it, but you'll have to deal with the controls first.

Just finished chapter 3 and story wise the game is fantastic, can't wait to find out more about Edward particularly. Controls are quite annoying though. The constant switching between 1st person and 3rd person does suck. Especially when it changes automatically when you're about to walk through a door way with enemies inside you're trying to shoot.

I quite like the screen effect and general sound effects you see/hear when you get close to the root of evil. Very ominous! It's nice that you actually know where to find them too so you don't need a special map to go hunting for them later. Nothing worse with finding hidden things that you essentially have to use a map for. Pigeons in gta4 anyone?

Ah well this game is quite nice, shame there doesn't appear to be much replay value after you've completed it once. The different ending could probably be seen just by replaying the single episode.

Guess time will tell for me then :)

Just finished it and it's definatley a mixed experience.

At times it's superb and other times very annoying.

I think it won me over the end but I didn't like Burning the Roots of Evil (too long) and the Driving Section with the Bats, also some sections with that black liquid was very annoying because it sometimes gets you in the light.

Just finished the game and to be honest, I am a little bit disappointed...I was expecting more! That doesnt mean that the game was bad, but I thought it would be better...so, dont expect too much and it could be a lot of fun!

Burning down the roots is dumb!

cheers

also some sections with that black liquid was very annoying because it sometimes gets you in the light.

That has left me quite annoyed quite a few times as well. All light around you, no black goo at all and then suddenly it still got you. It smells a lot like a bug, one that can really get on your nerves, at with me :p