Would be so cool if not so hard...

Ok, ill say it from the start, im not a difficulty fan... I do understand playing a game on HARD mode will mean it will be hard, thats why i usually avoid those modes in most games... Im not a completionist so i don't care not 1000/1000 the games...

Also i know NG is reputed to be hard, but i saw online this one was easier than NG1 or 2 on normal, that there was frequent checkpoints and no items buyings and whatever... So well... why not, ill put it on normal then...

I would say its really a mixed bag at the moment... i finished day 3, and if most of the levels don't give me too much a hard time(i don't mind dying once or twice for a part) holy hell some parts where just crazy annoying. Like that Dinosaur boss... I swear i must have retried 20 times... and no its not an exageration...

His life was going down soooo slow, and they didn't even had the decency to replenish my health bar before it... so i was stuck with half my life starting it. When he dash toward us, if he caught me twice, i was almost dead... so it was an almost no mistake run... Took me a while to know what to do, had to check online videos, and dunno if they played on easy or new game plus, but the boss really died way faster in those vids and he also stayed much longer on the ground...

Anyway, after having a good time in the day 3 chapter, i was screaming, raging, bashing my chair on that boss part, and its too bad cause its really lowering my experience of the game, really remove lots of the fun...

Its sad cause i enjoy all the rest, the story is interesting, the character is bad ass, the gameplay despite being lots of button mashing is really fun and its gore, graphics are great... Its a quality game... easy to see. But jizz is it hard... :mad:

I know NG was always hard, from the old NES days... took me a long time to beat the first game, never managed to beat the third one back then(always died at that scorpion boss...) since the game had no infinite continues, and i barely played the second one(never owned it) but it was the NES era... they had to make game harder to hide the short lenght... Now video games are not like that anymore...

And sure i could play on easy... but damn i should be able to finish a freaking game on normal without an headhache... thats just common sense... Anyway thats my rent... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the game tonight and really this is the hardest playtrough i ever did on normal.... it was for me harder than COD on veteran...(well most of them)

Seriously the last 2 days, especially the last one with the tons of boss was such a pain, i must have retried the final boss like .. i dunno really, i stayed on it for over 3 hours... no joke. Luck was the only thing that helped me manage to beat it.

You know the AVGN, when he joked about a trap in a review and it actually made it in the AVGN game, well the final boss was ridiculous on that level... bunch of guys everywhere, big hand smashing me all the time, purple laser shit coming from the sky... oh boy... was it hard...

But finally its done, over and out, and oh my my im soooo happy. I enjoyed the story, i enjoyed the gameplay, but that over the top difficulty will give me a tainted memory of that game... sadly.

Dunno why they keep on this gimmick of over the top difficulty. Yes the NES games where hard, i know that, but hell back then a bunch of games where hard, it was to compensate why they where so short.. and a side scroller is meant to be replayed... all the time. You don't play for the story or such, you play for the gameplay... Anyway it was a different time... There is no reason today for those game to be that hard.

Master Ninja... sure, i don't mind it, make it impossible, i wouldn't dare to try that mode... but NORMAL... cmon guys...