100% Chameleon guide needed

1. be level 17 or higher.
  2. be somewhere before the great gate in the main quest.
  3. have at least 4 oblivion gates still left un-closed
  4. progress through 1 oblivion gate until the end, but DO NOT take the sigil stone.
  5. save your game.
  6. take the stone. if it's the chameleon one, keep it. if not, reload and try again, until you get it.
  7. repeat steps 4-6 three more times. alternately, use the dupe glitch on the chameleon sigil stone.
  8. you should now have four 30pt chameleon sigils stones. enchant four items of clothing. low or zero weight items are best.
  9. profit.

my setup went like this:

• green robe hood: 30pt chameleon
  • leather cuirass: 30pt chameleon
  • leather gloves: 30pt chameleon
  • jeweled amulet: 30pt chameleon
  • 2x gold emerald rings: night-eye/180ft detect life
  • leather greaves: 125pt feather
  • leather boots: 125pt feather

that way, i could switch out of the chameleon stuff and into a normal shirt, and become visible, while keeping my pants and boots on. or go chameleon barefoot, but i never had any issues sneaking around in 1 weight boots while completely invisible. and i looked freakin ninja.

Basically do what aracnophillia said, but trade one of those sigil stones for the Ring of Khajiiti, it's 35% chameleon, you don't have to be level 17 or higher to start grabbing the sigil stones this way. You can grab 2 Latent sigil stones (level 9-12) that will give you 20% each and 1 Ascendent (level 13-16) sigil stone which will give you 25% (now a total of 65%) plus the 35% from the ring is 100% (anything over 100% has no added effect).

I would reccomend using this method so that you can save one piece of clothing for something that you'd like a constant effect like 125 pts Feather or Detect Life 180ft. I'd also reccomend enchanting light armor, you may have to carry extra weight, but you'll be able to create another 125 feather ring to swap out for the Ring of Khajiiti if you're in need of some extra strength and you'll still have some protection.

Don't waste your time getting 4 Chameleon sigil stones though, the Daedric quest for Meridia is a lot shorter than closing a gate, and you only have to be level 10 to start it, and you need to make sure to have either bonemeal, ectoplasm or mort flesh to start it.

Basically do what aracnophillia said, but trade one of those sigil stones for the Ring of Khajiiti, it's 35% chameleon, you don't have to be level 17 or higher to start grabbing the sigil stones this way. You can grab 2 Latent sigil stones (level 9-12) that will give you 20% each and 1 Ascendent (level 13-16) sigil stone which will give you 25% (now a total of 65%) plus the 35% from the ring is 100% (anything over 100% has no added effect).

yeah, that could work too. the only reason i didn't was for the sake of simplicity. and there's no way to do it in only 3 articles of clothing, sadly. for me, i generally prefered walking around normally in greaves, boots, and a shirt -- so having the chameleon on the upper armor made the most sense. and having the nighteye and detect life on the rings made a lot of sense too.

I would reccomend using this method so that you can save one piece of clothing for something that you'd like a constant effect like 125 pts Feather or Detect Life 180ft. I'd also reccomend enchanting light armor, you may have to carry extra weight, but you'll be able to create another 125 feather ring to swap out for the Ring of Khajiiti if you're in need of some extra strength and you'll still have some protection.

i had a full suit of 125pt feather, each. add that to 625 base strength... mostly useful for taking stuff to market. but i found it useful to carry around the feather amulet and rings at all times, and my zero-weight feather shirt. you know, just in case.

Don't waste your time getting 4 Chameleon sigil stones though, the Daedric quest for Meridia is a lot shorter than closing a gate, and you only have to be level 10 to start it, and you need to make sure to have either bonemeal, ectoplasm or mort flesh to start it.

*shrug* you don't have to close oblivion gates, i suppose. but i was going for closing every single one anyways.

Edited by arachnophilia