Game completion at 4%

Trips

Hi,

this is my first Post here so be kind :-)

I managed to get in the heat room shown in the Video by NOT shooting the Red Bombs. So now i am in the Room of the Picture:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/100/1005553/shadow-complex-20090720021113662.jpg

But i dont have the foam Gun.

Any Ideas?

Dabsn

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

this is my first Post here so be kind :-)

I managed to get in the heat room shown in the Video by NOT shooting the Red Bombs. So now i am in the Room of the Picture:

But i dont have the foam Gun.

Any Ideas?

Dabsn

ok in that room as soon as you exit door on right, use ladder under you and get in the door under you go that way towards the foam gun room (the actual one under the rocket turret and through the box conveyor belt)

THAT DAMN GRATE! I managed to open the grate on my first try and about 5 times after that, now i can't open that grate at all??? I have tried everything that is shown in the video and it still doesn't work? In the video it says 'Untouchable!' in an annotation after killing the first spider, so i thought that's where i was going wrong. I started a new game and didn't get hit once by the spider but the grate still didn't open. So i then thought i was going to fast as i read you have to get to the lake after 5mins? so i tried this and it still didn't work?

I would really like to know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

where on the map do i go to activate the exploding room that allows me to proceed to the airship/nuke fight? PLEASE GOD HELP!

I do not think God would help you in a video game, hes there for other things... But I can help you being God's servant!

If you completed the game twice, you probably have a good idea on where it is, but I will still help...

See where the Pulse Rifle is? And that F in the yellow? The room explosion takes place in that room with the Foam. You have to go in near the VERY top of the map and go down that elevator, save then go in and try to escape the exploding room!

http://www.blogcdn.com/xbox.joystiq.com/media/2009/08/shadowmapfullfinal.jpg

OK,

im now in that room with the Foam pickup, the foam door to the left and the annoying foam bomba. i cannot get the pickup, because its blocked bei vents i have to destroy with the foam. i was trying to open the door using the foam bomba but until no succes.

Dabsn

edit: it works. Go to the Foam Door as left as possible and keep jumping. sooner or later the bomba will open the door for you

Edited by Dabsn

OK,

im now in that room with the Foam pickup, the foam door to the left and the annoying foam bomba. i cannot get the pickup, because its blocked bei vents i have to destroy with the foam. i was trying to open the door using the foam bomba but until no succes.

Dabsn

jump up and down infront of the door until the bomba shoots it, might take some tries but it works, then go through that door

ok, second (fairly smooth) run thru now of 32:34 but looking at the leaderboard a guy just done it in 20mins!!!

any ideas on ways of shaving 12 mins off my time......i'm guessing there may be a way to bypass the turret fight in the large room where you collect the missile pack, other than that, i've no idea how to take anymore time off??? :?

First, get the grenades and kill the spider boss.

Second, DO NOT touch the green door. You can land on the platform if need be, but even sliding against the door will cancel the event.

Return back to the save room, time is not important at all up to this point.

Finally, remember the doorway with 3 barrels in the way as you came up? That doorway is your time trigger point. From the doorway down to the lava under the water you have slightly more than 30 seconds until the door will close. If you miss it you can reload from last save.

That is all that matters, not difficulty, not triggered events, not even items acquired.

Happy Speedrunning!!

And again thanks to all the board goers who laid the way, not limited to the following as I am sure I will miss someone: Cooler1339, SubtleCynicism, KingBrolly, Nogarda, PirateKingflcl, and probably many more."

- realnifty1

This is the way to open it always.

How the hell do I get into that windtunnel to get the missiles.

I keep shooting myself up with the foam but I just can't get into the tunnel.

Everytime I'm near the tunnel, it 'blocks' me. I can't get in.

Doesn't matter how many foam I shoot, the foam goes through Jason and I can't jump because it looks like he's jumping against the ceiling or something.

And yes, I'm at the right windtunnel...

How do you guys complete it with 3%? Just completed it with 4% and about 24:30. I had huge problems in the ending sequence again and it took me ages to complete it and in the end I had 1 health! 1 health :p

We're getting 3% because we dont do the pistol cut scene, I read earlier your speedrun steps and you can take that part out of it, just go back down the grating after you grab your golden gun.

Yeah, i made it :D

Thanks for helping me out. 56:44 min is not that good but i made it. The Explosion Room was hard with only 200 HP.

Dabsn

This part is not hard if you actually watch the cutscene... Some of you may not know that, but I figured it out..

WATCH THE CUTSCENE AND GETTING OUT WILL BE A LOT EASIER!!

How do you guys complete it with 3%? Just completed it with 4% and about 24:30. I had huge problems in the ending sequence again and it took me ages to complete it and in the end I had 1 health! 1 health :p

Dont actually "collect" the pistol is how i did it. Then I got backpack, grenades, foam, missiles. 3% somehow, even though that is 4 things...

This part is not hard if you actually watch the cutscene... Some of you may not know that, but I figured it out..

WATCH THE CUTSCENE AND GETTING OUT WILL BE A LOT EASIER!!

whats the difference?

You take a LOT less damage because you are not caught up by the cut scene ending....

You get 3% if you avoid the health pack as well as the pistol.