"All Hacks Completed" time saver

Udak

For the achievements that require you to complete all the hack minigames (Chief Engineer, Planet Cracker, All your trace are belong to us and Infectious)...you do not have to finish each playthrough. Once you have beaten the game (ie, completed the final act), you never need to complete those final challenges again. Seeing as how they are some of the hardest, you can simply pause and quit back out to menu after completing your last path.

Of course, you will not get the speed run ach by doing this, but this can save you 10 mins or so.

For the achievements that require you to complete all the hack minigames (Chief Engineer, Planet Cracker, All your trace are belong to us and Infectious)...you do not have to finish each playthrough. Once you have beaten the game (ie, completed the final act), you never need to complete those final challenges again. Seeing as how they are some of the hardest, you can simply pause and quit back out to menu after completing your last path.

Of course, you will not get the speed run ach by doing this, but this can save you 10 mins or so.

I agree partially with this. The mini-games on Act 4 are the same every time regardless of the route you choose. But it may still be useful the completely finish the playthrough to unlock (4 different) items that'll be available to you in Dead Space 2.

I agree partially with this. The mini-games on Act 4 are the same every time regardless of the route you choose. But it may still be useful the completely finish the playthrough to unlock (4 different) items that'll be available to you in Dead Space 2.

There are 4 items to unlock? I was not following that at all; thought it was just a suit of armor... what are the unlocks?

You don't have to play through all the paths to unlock the items.

Q. How do I get these awesome unlocks?

All Ignition unlock bonuses are immediately available after completing your first hack and saving your game in Dead Space Ignition. Make sure to keep your saved file on your hard drive so you can use your unlocks in Dead Space 2!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3156539.page