EXP/Money Farm Thread

Shiftie

I thought it would be helpful for people to share their experience/money farming methods or strategies for clearing out certain missions solo, or in small groups.

Note: To effectively farm a single mission, once you get your Payday reward, quickly hit start and reload the mission to do it over again immediately, while keeping the XP/$/Payday. This requires you to be the host.

My current recommended farming setup is in post 20 (click here). Considering how long you may have to wait between Pro Ukrainian Heists, starting off with that and going to my Nightclub Redux method and then simply repeating that will save you tons of time. There is quite a bit less time invested than the Rats farming method, and this is far more entertaining.

Four Stores - Overkill XP farm

Payout: $17-18k and 8-9k experience

Time: 8 minutes

Cameras: 2 (melee)

Civilians: 2 (tie up)

Skills required: None!

Team Size: 1

Speeding it up : You can speed this method up considerably (down to 3-4~ minutes) by unlocking the OVE-9000 saw and clearing out the atms, or rushing the big safe with the Technician's C4 (the safe can spawn in the back room of any of the four stores). However, more lucrative alternatives become available when you unlock either one.

Start an offline game ( or group up if you want, it doesn't matter) on Four Stores - Overkill. Make a stealth setup, though no suppressor is required (no shots should be fired) and no special equipment is required, making this very easy to get levels early on.

1. From the start of the level, cross the street and head into the alley between the China shop and the coffee shop, and look into the window into the kitchen area of the Cofee shop to see if there is a safe on the back wall. If there is, check for the cameras and continue to the next step, if not, keep reloading until it appears there.

2. Head behind the counter of the coffee shop and stop just before you turn the corner into the kitchen. You'll need to scope out the two cameras in the 4 possible locations: Camera 1 will be either above the door into the backroom, facing the stove, or it will be above the stove facing the door. Camera 2 will be above the shelves in the kitchen area, to the top left while facing the window you looked in through, or it will be directly across from the window. If camera 1 is above the door, step around the corner so you are underneath it, out of line-of-sight of the people in the coffee shop, and put on your mask.

3. Once you're masked up, quickly melee camera 1, if there is an employee back here, shout at her to keep her from running and then melee camera 2. Tie up the employee and start drilling the safe. Wait around the corner so the second employee that comes back here won't see you when she comes to investigate the safe (anywhere from 30seconds to 5 minutes from now).

4. Let employee 2 spot either the girl zip-tied, or the drill on the safe, so she immediately panics and you can shout her down to tie her up too. If you instead choose to shout her down before she cowers in fear, she will sometimes completely ignore you, and walk out of the kitchen, forcing you to kill her.

5. Simply wait for the drill, no more employees will be coming back here, and nobody will be outside the window. Once the drill is done, you can start to empty out the cash registers from the shops if you want for some extra cash (obviously clear out the safe) while you wait for the van, which will either appear right next to the coffee shops back window, or across the street behind a locked door.

Nightclub - Overkill Money and XP farm

Difficulty: 2-5/10

Payout: $70k (varies by number of bags, I've gotten up to $122k) and 16k experience

Time: 8-12 minutes

Cameras: 0

Civilians: 0

Guards: 2-5

Skills required: None, though Enforcer's +bag toss distance can be helpful if you need to do step 9

Equipment: Silencer recommended, though not always needed

Speeding it up:Dropping some (rather serious) cash on a loot drop truck will make the escape considerably faster, and an ECM unlocker will eliminate the need to kill anyone for the key

Wear your suit and start the mission with the least-visible setup you can have, while including a silencer on at least one weapon (not entirely needed, depending on the setup of the back room, but it's helpful). This is riskier, but yields much higher pay than the first one. You also don't need to constantly reload the map for the right setup, since you can do pretty well with any guard spawn locations.

1. Talk to the bouncer and quickly move around the corner and face away so he doesn't spot you while he decides to let you into the club. Once he says you can enter, do so and proceed to the back of the club.

2. The guard setup here changes drastically from playthrough to playthrough, but you want to pass through the back of the bar, through the kitchen (there's often at least one guard blocking one of the two doors into the kitchen, from the bar/dancefloor area, so turn the corner slowly). Proceed to the back door in the back poker room and mask up behind the boxes between the door and the poker table.

3. Head into the back alley and proceed to the other door that least into the supply room. This room can either be really tricky, or really easy depending on the setup. I've seen as many as four guards patrol through here, and the supplies can consist of large shelves (best option) or stacks of beer kegs (not as good). Either way, scope the area out before entering the room and do your best to melee kill the guards in this room, using the kegs/shelves to keep the bodies out of line of sight of the door that leads to the kitchen/dancefloor.

4. This part can either be really time consuming, or really quick, if the first guard(s) you take out have the key card to the office or not. If not, I recommend waiting for the guy with the card to show up, as opposed to drilling the door, as guards will stop too close to the kitchen doorway to investigate the drill.

5. I tend to stand by the door to the back alley, and watch the poker room door (I've never seen anyone come through there, but I don't take chances) and I watch the kitchen/dancefloor door through a pallet that divides two boxes.

6. Once you have the key, there may still be more guards, with as many as one guide immediately behind the door you open, and one more in the manager's office. Start drilling the safe once all is clear (crouch when you're in the office, as civilians on the second floor balcony might see you).

7. Head back to the spot in part 5 to catch any straggling guards that may wander into the back room while you're drilling, and go fix the drill whenever it stops.

8. The safe can have anywhere from 2-4 bags of money, possibly complicating the next steps. The escape vehicle can spawn in one of four places that I've seen, two across the street (the complicated spots), one directly outside the manager's window, and the least common being the alley in the back of the building. The last two are very straight forward, while you'll need to alert everyone for the first two.

9. To get across the street, break the manager's window and toss all of the bags onto the second floor balcony in the main part of the building. Proceed to the balcony and move the bags to the exterior bar on the second floor. From here you can determine if you can move now or not - if you're confident you can toss all of the bags across the street from the balcony and get them to your car now do so. If not, wait out the raid and cross when the cops have backed away a bit. When you go down after the bags, drop down from the alley-side of the building to land on a dumpster and lower your falling damage.

Edited by Shiftie

Note: To effectively farm a single mission, once you get your Payday reward, quickly hit start and reload the mission to do it over again immediately, while keeping the XP/$/Payday. This requires you to be the host.

This doesn't work for me! I get the reward and then hit start but restart isn't there. Do you have to do it literally as soon as you see the item come up? Can you do this on pro jobs?

EDIT: The restart option isn't even there in-game! What the hell? The safe isn't there on four stores, so I went to restart but I can't. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Nevander

This doesn't work for me! I get the reward and then hit start but restart isn't there. Do you have to do it literally as soon as you see the item come up? Can you do this on pro jobs?

EDIT: The restart option isn't even there in-game! What the hell? The safe isn't there on four stores, so I went to restart but I can't. What am I doing wrong?

Well I responded to you via a message, but I don't know. It works fine for me and I've done it like 100 restarts at least. As for when to do it post-game, once you find out what you got for an unlock (such as a new scope or something) THEN you hit start and restart from there... of course if you can't restart, I don't know what to say.

Must try these tomorrow, mind if I link to the guide?

Ya sure.. hopefully other people add guides :p

Also a big fan of the over kill pro Ukraine job, with either the ghost lock pick or tech c-4 this heist can be done in 30 sec to two minutes

Agreed but the mission is a little iffy with cash. Whenever I play by myself I get around $30-$40k but when doing the job with 3 other guys we all get $250k. We played a few runs of the Watchdogs Day 2 job and we all got $500k each. It was glorious. I can't figure out how the cash/XP rewards works exactly, all over the place.

Agreed but the mission is a little iffy with cash. Whenever I play by myself I get around $30-$40k but when doing the job with 3 other guys we all get $250k. We played a few runs of the Watchdogs Day 2 job and we all got $500k each. It was glorious. I can't figure out how the cash/XP rewards works exactly, all over the place.

Agreed about the cash but I love the quick payday roll for possibly more masks lol

Deathmule already posted that.. good luck getting that far solo, and as far as I know it's not available right off that bat. Hell I still haven't seen it available at 35.

I never saw it posted thats why i posted the link. And its easy getting that far on solo ive done it a few times so far

Deathmule already posted that.. good luck getting that far solo, and as far as I know it's not available right off that bat. Hell I still haven't seen it available at 35.

It's available with Lev 14 but only 1 goldstar or less, but it can take more than a half hour till it appears

you gain

1 gold star 15k EXP

2 gold star 20k EXP

3 gold star 37k EXP

Edited by WPC Darth Vader

Four Stores - Overkill Card/XP/Money farm

Payout: $17-18k and 8-9k experience

Time: 2 minutes

Skills required: OVE-9000 Saw unlocked in Enforcer tree

This is a smash and grab of sorts, where you will simply saw open the two ATMs on this level - one in the convenience store, and one across the street from the store - to get some very easy coin, xp, and cards, and a relatively low level (mid 30s for saw, depending on point useage).

Start off by sawing the ATM in the store (saw the left side, then the four corners and hold :rbbut: to loot the money trays), then repeat the process on the other ATM. Lockpick the door that leads to the escape on the side of the street you're on while you wait for your pickup, which can take anywhere from 1-3 minutes from the time you loot the first ATM.

Ukrainian Job - Overkill XP/Money/Card Farm

Payout: $50k and 16k experience

Time: 30sec-1min

Skills required: Shaped Charge aced in the Technician tree

VERY simple, mask up immediately while you make your way down the alley to the back of the store, and C4 the safe in each of the back rooms (though the tiara is in the back left safe about 75% of the time), then once you have the tiara, haul ass back to the van before it leaves.

Nightclub - Overkill Redux

Payout: $100-122k (3-4 bags worth of $ in safe, it's usually 4) and 16k experience

Time: 3-5min

Skills required: Shaped Charge aced (minimum of 4 charges) and/or a ghost with ECM door opener and safe cracker

Team Size: 1-2

Asset required: Loot truck ($24k unmodded)

In a similar fashion to the method in my first post, stealth to the door to the manager's office and clear out the room. If needed, look for the key on the body/bodies. From here, if you have the ECM door opener ability, use it on the door, you can also try a drill if you want, but it's quicker to rush through the club looking for the guy with the key. Once the door is opened up, quickly plant the 4 C4s (this is why you don't C4 the door, since it requires 3 and you can only carry 6), and loot the first bag to get the driver to come pick you up in 2-3 minutes. Loot the bags and wait in the manager's office as he will park right outside the window. Toss out the bags, drop down onto the dance floor and cross the street to the escape point. Easy money.

Note: sometimes there's a small army of guys (6-7) in the manager's office protecting who I would assume is the manager, so pay attention until you reach the safe.

Edited by Shiftie

There is no quicker way to lvl up than solo rats on overkill. If u do it on anything less than overkill it will take way to long. I'm getting 34,225k every 2 mins.(including loading screens) I'm 91 now and I can tell you that you need well over 700.000k for each lvl up.

There is no quicker way to lvl up than solo rats on overkill. If u do it on anything less than overkill it will take way to long. I'm getting 34,225k every 2 mins.(including loading screens) I'm 91 now and I can tell you that you need well over 700.000k for each lvl up.

Yup. Nothing more exciting than running up and down a bridge 750 times.

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody probably knows about this already, but for those who don't, rushing through Rats on very hard difficulty (blowing up the meth lab and allowing the info to be set on fire during the trade) gets a fair bit of spending cash and XP.

On Day 3, called Bus Stop, just by killing the Mendozas and escaping, I've been getting around $50,000 spending cash and 12,000XP every 1-2 minutes. This is including the -6000XP level limit I have at level 39. Then when you have picked your card, instead of pressing A, pause and restart.

This seems to be the most effective and easiest way to get XP I have tried.