I hate the Mako

Epic Debaser

Driving this piece of sh*t of Insanity is ridiculous. I cannot get past the very first tunnel on Noveria, due to the geth putting up those annoying shields, about a million rockets being fired down the middle at once and the Mako having the turning circle of the Titanic and the worst armour ever.

Anybody else find it to be completely useless?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had any problem with it. Just learn how to manouvre it in battles and you should be okay. If you see a rocket come your way, just jump and let it go beneath you, then blast its delivered with the cannon.

As for the armour, only on insanity did I come close to getting it blown up, mainly by geth armatures/collosus

If you're stuck on that long, straight section, just hop out and use the sniper rifle (if your class carries it) to take out the enemy.

Is useful for killing enemies, but it's a bit annoying to drive. Anyway, I hate the entire game, for now at least.

I wouldn't go that far, I still love this game even I do get frustrated at times, as you can probably tell by my threads asking for help :p

I've played through this game 12 full times, and the Mako was always the worst part. I will say though that a good way to gain exp and keep your boat on wheels from sinking is to exit it before you get into a tunnel (preferably off the toe side so it wont catch strays), and charge in on foot. You get double the exp for your kills, and you have full use of your tech/biotic skills, which can make a huge difference. By the time I was on Noveria my Tech member had pretty good AI hacking, and that is a great way to draw fire away from you while you line up the kill shot.

You're not alone though. ME is still one of my faves, but the Mako sucked out loud.

Did this yesterday on insane. 1st time I tried blowing everything away, I died.

2nd time I just used the cannon to take down the shields and just drove past every obstacle I barely got hit even once.

Edited by Andrewken

You know you can jump over rockets, right?

oh, man, i remember the first time i showed that little trick to my brother. he had played the game like five times before i even picked it up, and apparently never released the jump feature was strategically useful.

seriously though, the mako is still a death trap on insanity. or even hardcore. my character survives a lot longer on foot than in the mako.

i don't HATE it, of course. i still love driving around planets. it's just worthless in combat.

Driving this piece of sh*t of Insanity is ridiculous. I cannot get past the very first tunnel on Noveria, due to the geth putting up those annoying shields, about a million rockets being fired down the middle at once and the Mako having the turning circle of the Titanic and the worst armour ever.

Anybody else find it to be completely useless?

That's why it got scrapped in Mass Effect 2. It was a piece of trash.

• 2 weeks later...

Another way to go about it is to park the mako somewhere safe and get out, tell your squad to wait by the mako, while you pinpoint snipe with high explosive(or w.e) rounds.Find a nice safe perch and poke in to get a shot, pull out to dodge fire. Jus remember Pull out,poke in, pull out, poke in:woop:....*cough*..Anyway this is more of a turtle style but it can always be used as a fall back. Things to take into account..you should probably be a class that can USE snipers to do this strategy, and if you do use it make sure the Mako is actually in a safe spot out of harms way. Ooohhh yea, you can use the..Poke out strategy IN the mako. Especially in places with automatic doors or wide areas where you can strafe(move side ways back an forth) to dodge fire. In the case of the auto doors move foward and shoot then back up to safety. The door will shut and protect you from pain/fire/life(loss of).