Left 4 dead 1 or Left 4 dead 2?

HitmanGodfather

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niether should be missed really.

I would say buy L4D1 and play that for a few months then buy L4D2.

L4D2 is the better game but because I played L4D to death it just feels like more of the same just a bit better. Where as when I first bought L4D it was all so new and awesome and I had never played anything like it before.

Well, technically L4D2 is just an expansion pack for L4D1. You choose to take your pick in which you prefer, if you don't like the new infected and the people - just stick to L4D1 and use the new content.

I mean, L4D2 has all the guns and the new levels but it just doesn't have that addictiveness that L4D1 had. But the factor of scavenge has boosted it in my books by a LOT, what a fantastic idea.

It's up to the user entirely, it's not like it's a bad expansion pack you're forced to upgrade to - it's completely your own decision. If you love L4D1 so much, then go marry it. Or you can cheat on your old team with the nice new shiny weapons.

id say 1, though iv only managed to play one campaign on 2 before the dreaded E74 appeared on my screen so cant say for sure just yet

but first impressions, 2 doesnt seem as addictive as the first, and definately prefered the special infected on the first, but again thats just first impressions

xbox should be arriving home in a few hours so ill hopefully be testing it out fully soon enough

I'd say the 1 too, even if the 2nd one is really good (scavenge mode, more weapons, 5 campaigns, etc...).

L4D is "the original", a new concept was born with this one. I find L4D2 less addictive than L4D, and the atmosphere less terrific, and when I remember No Mercy or Death Toll, playing all night long with 3 friends... OMG was freaking good :woop:

I advise you to get both (if you can afford them, but i'm sure there is some special prices for christmas on websites), they're pretty similar, but different as well in a certain way.

Based on fun alone, L4D! I played the heck out of the 1st one! L4D2 was OK but just didn't have the same level of enjoyment as the 1st.

Plus, I enjoyed getting in a group and running to a corner to melee, then everyone running like hell when the tank came. That's L4D to me. L4D2 is way more strategy.

That's my 2 cents, free of charge!

Left 4 dead 2 is the better one imo.

L4d2 is likel the first game but alot more packed inside.

The only downside about the new game is that the AI's are stupid like f**k and also.. the new survivors dosent even seem bothered that everyone around them have turned into zombies, its like a day at the zoo, laugh and fun.. I like it more in the first game when they are more serious and actually afraid. But it still leans into l4d2, like i said before, more out of everything. More special infected, new weapons, melee weapons and some new game modes to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...