What's your opinion on easy 1ks?

Frankyg88

Y ou have no idea what I'm thinking when I post.

You simply read what I say and interpret it in your own way. I think that says more about you than it does about me.

I think you should remove that speck of dust from your own eye before you tell me that I got something in mine. Take what you have already said and consider where we are coming from... unless you're one of those, "Do as I say, not as I do" kinda people.

I've played a fair few easy 1k games myself so how can I say others that do it are wrong?

The Internet is a wonderfull thing because it's full of opinions and assumptions.

Some of my opinion is based on assumption, not fact.

Yes we all like different games and different genres and styles and this I can fully understand.

1. I love gamerscore. I love earning achievements and think it was one of the best things to happen to video games.

2. I have my own personal way/code of earning achievements.

If someone has a high gamerscore good for them. If someone has a low gamerscore good for them. As long as you enjoy what your doing then so be it, that's really all that matters at the end if the day.

Let me say this. Earning achievements is fun.

If you spend a lot of time gaming great, enjoy yourself, this is a great hobby.

Reading back on your older posts like you mentioned, I think I picked out the parts where you're arguing against yourself. I'd scrutinize your grammar, but that is beside the point.

Easy games, hard games, mature games, children's games... they're all games. Games are meant to be played. Wither you love or hate them will always be your prerogative. And it's pretty plain that you are pretty set on expressing your opinion that some games shouldn't be played. You've said it. Several times. I've acknowledged it. We get that part.

It's a good thing were not all like you then, don't you think? You're free to believe what you want, but there's no need to put me down because I enjoy the things that you don't.

My opinion on easy games? I like em. I like them with or without achievements. I got a wii. Too bad I can 't show you how much time I've spent playing cooking mama on my gamertag. It would probably drive you up the wall.

Edited by Ryot Control

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely think it's silly, but who am I to judge? It's a hobby we all enjoy, and gaming should be for fun. For some that's getting any achievement they can, and more power to 'em. Game and let game. ^_^

You can believe what ever you want, but in general, I don't think anyone has bought a game saying "I don't want to play this, but I need the 1000g." In order to open your wallet, it needs to appeal to you on some level.

I'm not so sure. I know some people who have purchased a game solely for achievements. Course, I guess that's a form of appeal, eh? Heck, I bought the whole dang console JUST because it has achievements. The awesome gaming experiences were icing on the cake.

But, yeah, it all comes down to appeal. Some people like achievements, some like the gamerscore, some like the completion, some just like the game, and many a combination of them. Heck, how many of you liked, nay, LOVED Sneak King? I did. To each their own, wot wot?

Edited by Fire Hawk D

Without gamerscore I'm pretty sure avatar, my horse and me, kung fu panda and the likes would never be a considered purchase/rental to the gamers without kids.

I understand easy 1ks such as the Lego games because they are generally good games or franchise games for nostalgia but I fail to believe that people are fans and enjoy ratatouille, UP, cloudy with a chance of meatballs etc for any other reason than GS.

I remember playing the rug rats games on the ps1 in my youth but that was because I had a younger sister who played them also and also because I was the demographic so I really enjoyed them. Should one come out now for the 360 it would do nothing for me as they are too simple.

Why? Kung Fu Panda was a decent game to play (didn't finish the 1,000).

Also i did enjoy the little bit of UP i played, and i loved Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I also thought Open Season was fun, I enjoyed TMNT, Terminator was a decent game to blast through in coop, and i actually did somewhat enjoy Hannah Montana (played it on mute though).

The only game i played that was purely for achievements and hated would have to be Golden Compass. But then again, why should it matter what i do with my free time opposed to yours?

Also Optimus quit posting on this thread, your looking like a huge hypocrite

And no I don't want your Frank. You can keep him to yourself.

That hurts Dawg(See what I did there!), Seriously...., that was like having a pony lick my eyeballs out with grade C sandpaper.

But I have no beef with you brother from the north, nothin' but respect homes.

Optimus76, I challenge you to a duel, a jousting duel! And since I played My Horse and Me 2, I'll win.

I have completions you could only dream of! And never use my name like that again, or I'll call my favorite superhero, Antman, to rain hellfire own your thick skull

Honestly, The best 10 maybe 20 games I've finished are better than the all the ones you have, and possibly then some.

I got stuff off the chain like all skateboarding games, which I am the only one in the world to do!

I figured it was okay to toot my own horn, not because I'm more unstoppable than a freight train, but because you tooted yours so much, also I'm sure since your head is filled with so much air that a lot of it excavates your body through your anus, and maybe your ear canals.

I feel the words of R. Lee Ermey will best some up my post the best, "I didn't know they could stack shit that high."

Also, I completed Bejing 08, and you haven't, so shut up ya poopdick.

Edited by frank9080

First Off, Nice thread. Having a 100% gamerscore is very hard to do. At first ( 2006 ) I didnt even care about points since you cant really do anything with them. Then after getting a little competitive with a few friends.. I was looking for every point I could get. But the best points are the ones where you have to grind it out for about 6 hours to get. Yeah the suck and could be completely frustrating but the bragging rights are golden! I did the Zeno-geneside on Dead rising 2 in 6 hours. I havent even beat the game or do i intend to.. just the fact that most people that are level 50 and have all the others, dont have that one! lol

Optimus... you have Avatar on your tag. In my opinion you lost your argument the moment that game entered your drawer.

Me, I play what the hell I like (though I have so far resisted Hannah Montana, though I could rent it from the library any time I wish, but being a hypocrite... what would my friends think?)

I liked Terminator Salvation... there I said it!

If people play these little kid games for easy points I say good for you! I would totally play them as well if I could get my hands on them. Personally they probably won't be enjoyable to me (I could be wrong) so I won't be going out and buying them just for the points. But if a chance came where i could borrow it from a friend, yeah i would take it and play the shit out of that game and take the 1000 points that came with it. I have played a few of these easy games but it was in the exact manner that i said above. I kinda wish i had all these easy games lying around to play and raise my score, but i don't and it doesn't really matter that much to me if other people do.

Had a run in with this in my real life today, oddly enough thought I'd share my experience of the pricks that seem to litter this thread, who don't understand why people would play "easy" games.

Went to EB Games, and asked for trade-in values for Hannah Montana, Where the Wild Things Are, Megamind and CSI. The conversation goes as follows:

Me: "Looking to get trade-in values for these games" (mentioned above)

Worker: "Wow, you have some really great taste in games" (Sarcastic)

Me: "Mostly played them for gamerscore"

Worker: "How much do you have?"

Me: "Like 100,000"

Worker: laughs "You need to get a job."

I commute to 30hrs/week of class, have a good part-time job and a girlfriend. And I'm getting made fun of by an employee of EB Games for my gamerscore and the games I play?

I honestly wanted to slap him in the face for that comment. Decided to hold it in, call later, and told the manager the worker was extremely rude to me. Really stupid for people to judge. I enjoy getting gamerscore, regardless of the game really, and I like to try new things. Sorry that you're too stupid to understand that.

Had a run in with this in my real life today, oddly enough thought I'd share my experience of the pricks that seem to litter this thread, who don't understand why people would play "easy" games.

Went to EB Games, and asked for trade-in values for Hannah Montana, Where the Wild Things Are, Megamind and CSI. The conversation goes as follows:

I commute to 30hrs/week of class, have a good part-time job and a girlfriend. And I'm getting made fun of by an employee of EB Games for my gamerscore and the games I play?

I honestly wanted to slap him in the face for that comment. Decided to hold it in, call later, and told the manager the worker was extremely rude to me. Really stupid for people to judge. I enjoy getting gamerscore, regardless of the game really, and I like to try new things. Sorry that you're too stupid to understand that.

Should have slapped him dude!...lol... But seriously, MOST of the dorks that work there are nothing more than judgemental fanboys full of jealousy and ignorance... They usually know less about gaming and the industry than their customers... Long story short, I wouldn't let it bother you, he was probably describing himself with those comments...

Nice post, made me laugh this morning...lol... Thanks for that...

NTG

Why? Kung Fu Panda was a decent game to play (didn't finish the 1,000).

Yeah I enjoyed that one too...I had fun getting 1000 GS on that game. Jack Black is funny.

I liked Terminator Salvation... there I said it!

You know that game was ok too....thank GOD for the hard glitch...am I right?

Then you should of pointed out how awesome his minimum wage job was and asked if any of the nerds that worked there quit yet so you can apply there too.

Seriously though what does that guy get out of being a dick....technically when you trade in your games the huge profit they make off the game pays his little salary.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't care if people have some 1000s on their list, I see no harm in that, but they should still try to play other games. But when people start playing only shitty 'easy' games, I start losing respect for them.

I agree. It's nice to have a few 1000's on your list. But if you didn't have to work very hard to get it, what have you really accomplished?

I can honestly say that I enjoyed Hannah Montana. I can also honestly say I hated Gears 2. But I can say that because I played them both, as opposed to making an assumption to if a game is fun or not.

Easy and fun are personal preferences. What others do with their game time is up to them, and has no effect on what I do to me. Unless they mod their gamerscore. Cheaters should be scrutinized, not gamers.

well said sir! i did enjoy hannah montana too.. it was funny/awkard but it's not a bad game as (IMO) C.S.I deadly intent

I Play a lot of games that i know i wont get 100%, and others i just play to get 1000G and move on.. it doesn't hurt me or anybody else!

Live and Let Die

I don't mind people who play some easy 1000's as long as they don't block their achievements. Then it shows that they're ashamed they played such games and are trying to hide it from people.

And to those who simply play nothing but easy 1000's to boost their gamerscore up (Avatar, LEGO, Disney, etc.), I've barely any respect for them. I give more respect to a person with all the achievements in Ninja Gaiden 2 with only a total of 3,000:gsicon: than a person with all easy games on their list and a total of 25,000:gsicon:. That's why I prefer the saying, "Quality > Quantity."

The only easy 1k game I have is TMNT and I bought it because I love the TMNT series. And Spyro. Because I've always loved Spyro too. Well, my sister's ex-boyfriend bought the Lost game and for some reason that's still among my stack of games but I've never actually bothered to play it. I've heard it's an easy 1k, but I have no interest in playing because I don't like the series.

There sure are a lot of judgmental and elitist people in here though! It's nobody's business but their own what they play and why they play it. What if someone loved the King Kong and Avatar movies and simply wanted to play the games? Hell, I used to play Barbie Horse-riding games before the existence of achievements because I love horses and find raising sims and horseracing fun!

Judging someone's skill or "gaming credibility" based on what's on their gamercard = stupid. End of story.