HALLOWEEN: What are you going as this year?

davhth4

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm going out... I can't get over some people, I'm 15, so last Hallowe'en I was 14, and I got turned down a few times for being too old. Granted I am fairly tall, but I think you should be able to go out as long as you want, what's another few candies missing from your stash for the kiddies? it's not like the kids that don't get any from you, won't get any from the other 45 houses on your street... bugs me /minirant

Yeah I understand that, but at 14? Grade 9? I shouldn't be getting turned down, I'm going to give out candy, because if the kids aren't doing that they could be off doing things like egging houses, drinking etc. I don't have a problem with underaged drinking if you're nearing the age, but like if a 14 yearold does that's just dumb... but that's just my .02

Nothing, im not 12 :D

What age are you then?

Guess no one wants you to go to a party or out to clubs then.

Halloween isn't a masive thing over here but I'm going to a fancy dress party so need a costume! Thought it might be cool to go as Altair from Assassins Creed but that would be a bitch to sort out! Maybe a pirate or something.

Yeh i live in the UK too and In town on Halloween (the saturday and friday) nearly everyone gets dressed up when going out.

Ive got town on friday night. And going to a party/gig then town on saturday :D :D :D

There are quite a few Halloween parties planned for around here and some people at work usually dress up every year. I'll go as 3 hole punch Sizzle again...(Office reference and yes I did wear the 3 holes one year). That or name tag that says "hello my name is" and I might go as Dave. I'm a little too old now to go all out but I used to have fun with it. You should see some of the people at work its hilarious. This woman last year was the Corpse Bride, complete with wedding dress and makeup. You can tell it took along time to do that shit, then I come in with 3 cutout construction paper black circles taped to my shirt.

If any of you guys take some cool pics of your costumes throw em in here though, I'd love to check them out.

What age are you then?

Guess no one wants you to go to a party or out to clubs then.

Yeh i live in the UK too and In town on Halloween (the saturday and friday) nearly everyone gets dressed up when going out.

Ive got town on friday night. And going to a party/gig then town on saturday :D :D :D

No one cares for Halloween here.

What am I going as? Nothing, because I'm not doing anything for Halloween, just like I haven't any other year. I refuse to take part:

1. because its an American/Irish tradition

2. because all the scallys come out in force

3. because its a waste of money

4. because I'm anti-social

5. because bonfire night is better

6. because people knocking on your door begging for things is annoying

/rant

I have never celebrated Hallowe'en and I will not be taking a part in it this year either. This holiday means nothing of what it once was and has been dumb down to a mere, "children just dress up and gets candies". I do not understand why it is accepted in our culture (American because from what I'm reading England isn't as big on it, a good thing) for making one day in the entire year the day where you're allowed to dress up as any horrid thing you want and then the next day it becomes a bad thing. If you're going to dress up and be something you're not then you should be allowed to dress like that everyday. And you should be allowed to gather the live stock of all your farms and gut every sheep and cow to build great bonfires as you speak to the spirit world.

Also this holiday always put my black cat, Shadow, at risk because, where I lived, for some stupid reason people saw it as a day when murdering pets and animals is okay and fun. Fuck that.

So I see it as a day for the naive or the hypocrites.

I do not understand why it is accepted in our culture (American because from what I'm reading England isn't as big on it, a good thing) for making one day in the entire year the day where you're allowed to dress up as any horrid thing you want and then the next day it becomes a bad thing

Yeah but you gotta love what some of the ladies wear. It can be an excuse for some of em to dress sluttier than usual ;)

It isn't as big over here as in America I don't think.

I'm 17 but I still love Hallowe'en though :p

Dress up every year.

Got a really nice Devil costume in Asda because it was odd, makes me up to 7' tall because of the head section :biglaugh

Don't think I'll wear it though, prefer making something myself rather than buying something ready made.

Kinda fancy dressing up as Rab C Nesbitt or Jamsie though :p:biglaugh

http://dlaird.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/rab-c-nesbitt1.jpg

(Rab at left, Jamsie at right btw)

It isn't as big over here as in America I don't think.

I'm 17 but I still love Hallowe'en though :p

Dress up every year.

Got a really nice Devil costume in Asda because it was odd, makes me up to 7' tall because of the head section :biglaugh

Don't think I'll wear it though, prefer making something myself rather than buying something ready made.

Kinda fancy dressing up as Rab C Nesbitt or Jamsie though :p:biglaugh

(Rab at left, Jamsie at right btw)

Is that the big bobble head ones? they look ace,

Lol well are you fat or skinny? fat = rab c , skinny = jamsie