LOL! Halo 4 Modding Online

iBuzz7S

All I care about is my own fun and enjoyment.

Oddly this is the same mind-set of that of online modders.

Also, raging because someone assassinated you doesn't make the other player "better". Raging because you otherwise put a wrench in their workings is more to what I'd call it; this can be achieved with or without modding. :drunk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly this is the same mind-set of that of online modders.

They have some bizzare ideas of fun then, because playing like the hacker in the original video would bore me to tears in about 10 seconds.

Also, raging because someone assassinated you doesn't make the other player "better". Raging because you otherwise put a wrench in their workings is more to what I'd call it; this can be achieved with or without modding. :drunk

Did I say that did make someone a better player? No.

There is a difference between people raging because someone is simply better than them and people raging because someone is a cheating modding asshole.

So we're to assume you don't feel an inkling of satisfation when an enemy rages into his mic just after you assassinate him? Or when you ruin an enemy's gauss-turret perfection attempt and listen to him bitching at you in post-game?

I prety much answer that with the first part of my post that you quoted here. There is a difference between rage caused by hackers and rage caused by someone being better.

raging because someone assassinated you doesn't make the other player "better". Raging because you otherwise put a wrench in their workings is more to what I'd call it; this can be achieved with or without modding.

Did I say that did make someone a better player? No.

No? You basically extrapolated that if you assassinated a player or ruined their killstreak and they raged, you're practically a better player than them. If that's not what you said, then I'll ask again:

So we're to assume you don't feel an inkling of satisfation when an enemy rages into his mic just after you assassinate him? Or when you ruin an enemy's gauss-turret perfection attempt and listen to him bitching at you in post-game?
Note that it has absolutely nothing to do with being better than them, so I strain to see why that should be any part of the answer that you've shared above.

I only asked this question because in a previous post you claimed not to enjoy or understand why others find "rage videos" funny or entertaining. I merely took the logic and applied it to you personally in the event that someone rages at you for otherwise inconveniencing them in their quest in achieving a perfection, an impressive killstreak or any other significant feat in online multiplayer, and whether or not you'd be amused or entertained.

Maybe another question is needed;

You are continually teabagged by a player on the other team; this has been going on non-stop for 6 minutes. You know he camps in a certain corner of the map. Upon heading there, you notice he just got out of a firefight with a teammate; no shields. He turns the corner and you pop him dead with the headshot. Cue the unbriddled rage, screaming into his mic about how he had just received enough kills for a perfection before instantly dying. You wouldn't feel the least bit of satisfaction that another player raged as a direct result of your actions? You realize that his rage isn't due to you being a better player, but rather your spoiling his attempt at a covetted perfection medal. I imagine two answers:

1) Yes, you would be entertained to any degree to know that an action you took in-game affected another player so intensely and that how much they're taking it seriously leaves you amused.

2) No, you wouldn't find it funny in the least and you would have absolutely no response emotionally -- this means you won't feel any tinge of satisfaction, anger, sadness or guilt. You will be purely stoic and silent, no reaction generated.

If you answer 2), I will see why you would not understand why players are entertained by rage videos or other players raging at them. If you answer 1), then you should be able to understand why players may find rage videos entertaining (most of which are featured without the use of mods or "hacks").

edit: OnTopic: It seems the youtuber has added a new video. It's featuring some new mods, too. It seems there's two modders in that game; they both finish with 700 and 635 points respectively (both have 40 kills) while everyone else has around 100 points and below.

If it's anything similar to his previous videos on Reach, if anyone else is using the Suppresor, they'll be able to shoot lasers as well (which explains why he's using the suppressor as it's known to be the weakest, and subsequently least popular starting weapon.) Now all he needs is that trusty JTAG aim-bot.

Matchmaking Mods/Hacks

- 2x Oversheild

- Suppersor shoots 30x spartan laser beams

- Carbine shoots rockets

- Super Speed

- Super Jump

- Unlock All

- Unlimited ammo

- Unlimited AA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mmlwi3Jj0]Halo 4 Cheating (Online Modding) - YouTube[/ame] Edited by Hishoa

No? You basically extrapolated that if you assassinated a player or ruined their killstreak and they raged, you're practically a better player than them.

O_o I didn't say anything like that. I didn't even mention assassinations so why you keep fixating on those I don't know. You're putting words into my posts here.

Ok maybe not being killed by a better player overall, but being killed by someone who handles the specific firefight you get into better and kills you legitmately, i.e. not by being a hacking cheating asshole. Raging because someone gets the better of you is pointless. Raging because someone is hacking is quite understandable. It's still not entertainment though.

If that's not what you said, then I'll ask again:

Note that it has absolutely nothing to do with being better than them, so I strain to see why that should be any part of the answer that you've shared above.

I only asked this question because in a previous post you claimed not to enjoy or understand why others find "rage videos" funny or entertaining. I merely took the logic and applied it to you personally in the event that someone rages at you for otherwise inconveniencing them in their quest in achieving a perfection, an impressive killstreak or any other significant feat in online multiplayer, and whether or not you'd be amused or entertained.

Maybe another question is needed;

You are continually teabagged by a player on the other team; this has been going on non-stop for 6 minutes. You know he camps in a certain corner of the map. Upon heading there, you notice he just got out of a firefight with a teammate; no shields. He turns the corner and you pop him dead with the headshot. Cue the unbriddled rage, screaming into his mic about how he had just received enough kills for a perfection before instantly dying. You wouldn't feel the least bit of satisfaction that another player raged as a direct result of your actions? You realize that his rage isn't due to you being a better player, but rather your spoiling his attempt at a covetted perfection medal. I imagine two answers:

1) Yes, you would be entertained to any degree to know that an action you took in-game affected another player so intensely and that how much they're taking it seriously leaves you amused.

2) No, you wouldn't find it funny in the least and you would have absolutely no response emotionally -- this means you won't feel any tinge of satisfaction, anger, sadness or guilt. You will be purely stoic and silent, no reaction generated.

If you answer 2), I will see why you would not understand why players are entertained by rage videos or other players raging at them. If you answer 1), then you should be able to understand why players may find rage videos entertaining (most of which are featured without the use of mods or "hacks").

I answer 2. I wouldn't care in the slightlest about his rage reaction, if he reacted that way. That doesn't mean I have no reaction when I kill someone in a game, I enjoy that purely because that's the whole point of these games and that's where the general enjoyment comes from. Don't take that to mean that I care about it when I hear someone rage after I kill them. That has no influence on my level of enjoyment. So no, I still don't understand why people find it funny or entertaining to watch videos of people raging.

O_o I didn't say anything like that. I didn't even mention assassinations so why you keep fixating on those I don't know. You're putting words into my posts here.

Not at all. You suggested there was a difference between raging at someone else being better and raging because of mods (which I agree with). However, I proposed that a competitive player would be upset because they lost their killstreak or otherwise missed the opportunity for an exceedingly impressive medal; it was an attempt in having you respond whether or not those were casual scenarios that a player may rage to which you conveniently avoided with the answer "I prety much answer that with the first part of my post that you quoted here"; indicating that your answer is indeed "because someone was better than them". I'll once again demonstrate with quotes.

There is a difference between people raging because someone is simply better than them and people raging because someone is a cheating modding asshole.

I prety much answer that with the first part of my post that you quoted here. There is a difference between rage caused by hackers and rage caused by someone being better.

Refer to the bold. I repeat, you extrapolated that because you assassinated a player, you're better than them.

Raging because someone gets the better of you is pointless.

Exactly. Which is precisely why I asked if it was appropriate for someone to rag in several alternate scenarios mentioned above.

I answer 2. I wouldn't care in the slightlest about his rage reaction, if he reacted that way. That doesn't mean I have no reaction when I kill someone in a game, I enjoy that purely because that's the whole point of these games and that's where the general enjoyment comes from. Don't take that to mean that I care about it when I hear someone rage after I kill them. That has no influence on my level of enjoyment. So no, I still don't understand why people find it funny or entertaining to watch videos of people raging.

Understood.

Edited by Hishoa

Not at all. You suggested there was a difference between raging at someone else being better and raging because of mods (which I agree with). However, I proposed that a competitive player would be upset because they lost their killstreak or otherwise missed the opportunity for an exceedingly impressive medal; it was an attempt in having you respond whether or not those were casual scenarios that a player may rage to which you conveniently avoided with the answer "I prety much answer that with the first part of my post that you quoted here"; indicating that your answer is indeed "because someone was better than them". I'll once again demonstrate with quotes.

Refer to the bold. I repeat, you extrapolated that because you assassinated a player, you're better than them.

O_o It's the same sodding thing, and you're still putting words into my posts. No, I didn't "extrapolate" that a player is better if he manages to kill someone who is on an impressive killstreak. You assumed that's what I meant and you assumed wrong, so I clarified with this next bit which you conviniently igonored:

"Ok maybe not being killed by a better player overall, but being killed by someone who handles the specific firefight you get into better and kills you legitmately, i.e. not by being a hacking cheating asshole."

just so your arguement fits.

I don't see what the difference is anyway. I couldn't care less if it's a casual player, competative player (which I never brought up O_o), whether your stats are better or worse, whether you shoot them in the head or assassinate them and teabag for an hour. It's all the same to me and I haven't said anything different, ever. You're just assuming things based on what I'm posting. If someone legitimately gets the better of you in game then raging is pointless, boring and not something to record and call entertainment.

O_o It's the same sodding thing, and you're still putting words into my posts. No, I didn't "extrapolate" that a player is better if he manages to kill someone who is on an impressive killstreak. You assumed that's what I meant and you assumed wrong, so I clarified with this next bit which you conviniently igonored:

"Ok maybe not being killed by a better player overall, but being killed by someone who handles the specific firefight you get into better and kills you legitmately, i.e. not by being a hacking cheating asshole."

just so your arguement fits.

So in essense you've changed it from them "being a better player" to "a player who scored the killing shot". A lot more reasonable. And no, again, I wasn't putting words into your posts. I merely explained why you seemed to suggest that assassinating another person indicated you were the better player; it's impossible for me to put words into your posts when that's exactly what your posts implied (due to you being non-specific) before your above clarification. I was well aware of your clarification and I accept it,; however, that doesn't change the fact that your earlier posts implied something that you didn't intend for them to. That's all I was getting at.

I don't see what the difference is anyway. I couldn't care less if it's a casual player, competative player (which I never brought up O_o),

Didn't claim you brought them up; was simply using adjectives as its typically competitive players who would rage in those circumstances I explained above. Unless you disagree?

You're just assuming things based on what I'm posting.

I'm sorry, is this not how forums work? How else would you suggest I make assumptions if not from your postings?

edit: This is the perfect example of what I was getting at earlier. Your quote above is implying that I shouldn't use what you post as a means to assume what message you're attempting to convey. That doesn't make sense however, considering that's exactly what someone must do if they want to adequately respond to you. You most likely meant for it to mean something else but due to being non-specific or using the wrong word choice, it was interepreted by others as something completely different.

In otherwords, I didn't assume wrong, but rather you presented your statement incorrectly and will more than likely have to clarify what you actually meant.

Edited by Hishoa

A well thought out and excellent argument Majica8, but you're wasting your breath. He'll respond back with more and more text until you're just bored with him.

This isn't entertaining, it's annoying. The point of MP is to win and if some jerk off shows up and lays waste to the entire team because of a hack he should be shot. Out of a cannon. Into a brick wall.

So in essense you've changed it from them "being a better player" to "a player who scored the killing shot". A lot more reasonable. And no, again, I wasn't putting words into your posts. I merely explained why you seemed to suggest that assassinating another person indicated you were the better player; it's impossible for me to put words into your posts when that's exactly what your posts implied (due to you being non-specific) before your above clarification. I was well aware of your clarification and I accept it,; however, that doesn't change the fact that your earlier posts implied something that you didn't intend for them to. That's all I was getting at.

You don't think my posts were clear enough, so YOU assumed something, and you were wrong. So I clarified, although you still thought your original asumption was right.

Didn't claim you brought them up; was simply using adjectives as its typically competitive players who would rage in those circumstances I explained above. Unless you disagree?

I don't have a clue what type of player is more or less likely to rage tbh.

I'm sorry, is this not how forums work? How else would you suggest I make assumptions if not from your postings?

edit: This is the perfect example of what I was getting at earlier. Your quote above is implying that I shouldn't use what you post as a means to assume what message you're attempting to convey. That doesn't make sense however, considering that's exactly what someone must do if they want to adequately respond to you. You most likely meant for it to mean something else but due to being non-specific or using the wrong word choice, it was interepreted by others as something completely different.

In otherwords, I didn't assume wrong, but rather you presented your statement incorrectly and will more than likely have to clarify what you actually meant.

O_o

Forget it, I can't even be bothered.

A well thought out and excellent argument Majica8, but you're wasting your breath. He'll respond back with more and more text until you're just bored with him.

Thanks. And I know, I'm done.

You guys are really starting to piss me off with your back-and-forth nonsense...

Sorry but I don't like people assuming things about me/my opinions when they couldn't be more wrong. I'm even less of a fan of being called a liar (which Hishoa basically said with his "Sorry, not buying it" comment which prompted me to reply again in the first place)

Edited by Majica8

Sorry but I don't like people assuming things about me/my opinions when they couldn't be more wrong. I'm even less of a fan of being called a liar (which Hishoa basically said with his "Sorry, not buying it" comment which prompted me to reply again in the first place)

"You guys" doesn't only refer to Hishoa and you, just everybody. Everywhere I look people are arguing.

I just don't understand how people aren't allowed to have opinions on this site. If you have an opinion about modding, so be it. Why him or anyone would have to argue with you on why you think what you think is just ridiculous.

Is there ANY Thread in these damn forums where us Halo fans can't just get along without arguing over stupid shit?

You're so correct, not going to deny it.

You guys are really starting to piss me off with your back-and-forth nonsense...

:(

Forget it, I can't even be bothered.

Wait, you really expected me not to draw assumptions based on what you post? I'm sorry, please go on.

I just don't understand how people aren't allowed to have opinions on this site. If you have an opinion about modding, so be it. Why him or anyone would have to argue with you on why you think what you think is just ridiculous.

I didn't disagree with his opinion on modding? I said it was completely justified to rage because someone is modding online.

Well on behalf of everyone this side of the Atlantic, I apologize for him being allowed near a keyboard.

Oh, you so witty.

Well on behalf of everyone this side of the Atlantic

I like the western hemisphere the most of all the hemispheres. The eastern hemisphere may have all the best beer and a higher SAPC (Sexy Accent Per Capita), but we have Brazilian women and Franken Berry.

I think I've made my point. Sorry Majica.

You're so correct, not going to deny it.

[However] I didn't disagree with his opinion on modding? I said it was completely justified to rage because someone is modding online.

AHH! Well whatever the arguing was then, I lost track halfway through - it's just....

Halo 4 sucks and there's nothing to do but argue, it seems like :(

EDIT: On a slightly brighter and more random note, it's snowing ALOT HERE IN JERZEY.

AHH! Well whatever the arguing was then, I lost track halfway through - it's just....

Halo 4 sucks and there's nothing to do but argue, it seems like :(

Ah but we weren't arguing about whether or not Halo 4 sucks. ;) We were discussing something completely different, actually.

EDIT: On a slightly brighter and more random note, it's snowing ALOT HERE IN JERZEY.

I propose that this be your new display picture. Notice how Ron's armpit attempts to eat his nipple.

http://www.themaurizioshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/jersey-shore.jpg

bonus: you and gheuh can start discussing weight lifting again as i've provided the perfect segue. =D

Edited by Hishoa

Ah but we weren't arguing about whether or not Halo 4 sucks. ;) We were discussing something completely different, actually.

Nah, I understand that but it seems like there's nothing 'cool' or 'fresh' to discuss/argue anymore since the game blows.

I propose that this be your new display picture. Notice how Ron's armpit attempts to eat his nipple.

LOLOL. Ronnie is a dorky guido (is that how they spell that word nowadays?) wannabe. Jersey Shore disgraces my living here.

I like the western hemisphere the most of all the hemispheres. The eastern hemisphere may have all the best beer and a higher SAPC (Sexy Accent Per Capita), but we have Brazilian women and Franken Berry.

I think I've made my point. Sorry Majica.

We do seem to rock a little too hard for one half of the planet to handle.

LOLOL. Ronnie is a dorky guido (is that how they spell that word nowadays?) wannabe. Jersey Shore disgraces my living here.

The Jersey Shore itself, the place not the TV show, is pretty great, and I'm driving down there next Tuesday with a friend to book our yearly shore house. I'm hoping it didn't get hit too bad from the storm and there's a decent amount of places renting. We always stay in Point Pleasant since Seaside (where the Jersey Shore show is filmed) has been a dump long before that show was being filmed there. Point Pleasant doesn't have as big of a night life as Seaside, unfortunately, but I still prefer going there than staying in those slums they call houses in Seaside. Usually we only go out on the weekends that we're there, anyway, and the rest of the time we spend grilling in the back drinking beers. This one week out of the year is really the best time.

New Jersey is the best state. Haters can hate all day.

Oh, and we can't get into workout chat since we have that thread in off topic now.