The Independence Day Special DLC Patch 1.15

HigginsM

Just to let everyone know there is a new update Patch 1.15 and a new DLC The Independence Day Special

1.15 Patch notes https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203519067

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52270/The-GTA-Online-Independence-Day-Special-Available-Starting

http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/actual_1404209868.jpg

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/martinhiggins09/8d8693b6-f489-4437-963f-1601cb613ce0_zps16c28b8e.jpg

Edited by HigginsM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player’s Mental State will no longer increase when killing hostile mercenaries. Also, the increase rate for killing Cops who are chasing the player as a result of being wanted has been reduced.

That I'm glad about. Was doing the award for duration with a 5 star level and every time I tried and kept killing cops at the end I was always red

I dig the monster truck but I'm more interested in the patch-notes.

Yay:

Seven new medium and low end Countryside Apartments have been added to the Dynasty 8 website.

Players are now able to ride on the ‘The Leviathan’ rollercoaster and ‘The Ferris Whale’ on Del Perro Pier.

Players will now receive an increased cash bonus for completing a Survival, bringing up the total amount that can be earned.

...and they've been trying to fix those exploits ever since LMAO:

Fixed an exploit where players could spawn UFOs in public sessions. (exception)

Fixed various exploits where players were able to duplicate vehicles.

Fixed an exploit where players were able to respawn in their garages after committing suicide.

Fixed an exploit where players could get all Barber services for free.

Fixed an exploit that allowed players to go off-radar.

Fixed an exploit that allowed players to become invincible.

Fixed an exploit where players were able to drive inside their garages.

You don't need to drop any vehicles for the Monster Truck its stored as a Pegasus Vehicle and doesn't go in your garage

I should have read the notes, thanks for letting me know.

Know that I have had a look at the notes, I am hoping that the fireworks are like the Gusenberg Sweeper where you can buy it during the period but once bought you can continue to use it by buying ammo for it. I hope that this is the case that way I can use them whenever I want. Fireworks all year round lol, imagine every time you go into a public lobby some idiot has fireworks going off all the time. Would like to be up in a helicopter and see fireworks exploding all around me, maybe even have the fireworks damaging or making the helicopter explode.

The monster truck can't be modded is a little bit disappointing. I hope it comes with the Patriot Tyre smoke. Other decisions to make is what vehicles to put the Patriot Tyre smoke as it is limited time offer to buy. At the moment I have crew smoke on all my cars, and it is pretty expensive if I was replace all 20 vehicles with Patriot Smoke only to decide to bring back my crew tyre smoke.

Instead of alternating smoke, I would have liked it to have all 3 colours at the same time. It may not be as impressive as I first thought when I read it.

I've been getting missions from Lester that I hadn't seen before; He messages everyone in the lobby and if you accept his text, a NPC is highlighted on the map and everyone can kill the NPC for a bounty! :confused:

Also, when I call Pegasus for my tank; the arseholes leave it all the way up at the Army base, every time: anyone else having this problem?

And another Also, Everything seems so bloody expensive, I've bankrupted my myself just buying the clothes/weapons on my male character, now I need to figure out how the hell to make a bit of cash so I can equip my female character, before R* take everything away (I've not even looked at the Monster Truckk and Masks yet)! :(

And another Also, Everything seems so bloody expensive, I've bankrupted my myself just buying the clothes/weapons on my male character, now I need to figure out how the hell to make a bit of cash so I can equip my female character, before R* take everything away (I've not even looked at the Monster Truckk and Masks yet)! :(

I did exactly the same i bought all the clothes from the hipster dlc and this dlc and also the new weapons which are pointless and ridiculously expensive now i have like $40000 left and can't afford anything, i wanted the truck but its over $700000 so i have no chance in making that in the next few days :(

Now i'm broke!

Edit: I just read the official post on R* newswire...

"This special seasonal content will be available to redeem in-game until Mid-July (we will announce a specific redemption expiration date soon)."

so at least i may be able to save up for the truck :)

Edited by Crashdown26

Here's a couple of helpful YouTube Videos showing the new Items/Features in GTA Online for the Independence Day Update:

GTA 5 Independence Day Update - All Cars, Firework Guns, Car Mods, Masks, & MORE!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SshH95KFWdA]GTA 5 Independence Day Update - All Cars, Firework Guns, Car Mods, Masks, & MORE! - YouTube[/ame]

GTA 5 Independence Day DLC - NEW Assassination Missions - GTA 5 Online Assassinations

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMh3050OL8]GTA 5 Independence Day DLC - NEW Assassination Missions - GTA 5 Online Assassinations - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Edit: I just read the official post on R* newswire...

"This special seasonal content will be available to redeem in-game until Mid-July (we will announce a specific redemption expiration date soon)."

so at least i may be able to save up for the truck :)

Sounds good cause I'm also like 200k short to get the awesome monster truck!

How you come up with that idea!? The Liberator is for sale on the WARSTOCK website for $742,014 (weird pricing).

Great now I'm 500k short cause I just bought all of the new masks, gotta have them in you collection!

Its $7/4/2014 as in July 4 2014 (independence day) ;)

I thinks its way too much i thought it would be about $250,000 although i think most of the stuff is way overpriced i mean $65,000 for a firework launcher the novelty will wear off after a couple of uses i wish i could return it lol

Its $7/4/2014 as in July 4 2014 (independence day) ;)

:biglaugh That makes total sense now. Cheers! :)

I thinks its way too much i thought it would be about $250,000 although i think most of the stuff is way overpriced i mean $65,000 for a firework launcher the novelty will wear off after a couple of uses i wish i could return it lol

Don't forget the masks, waaay too much but I still bought them. I'll leave the Liberator as last object on my list.

I'm confused, does this mean you can have the monster truck free?

No, its $742,014

The truck is awesome, it has strong armour and can drive up a vertical wall, although only for a short bit and then you roll over half the time like a dog. It runs over cars easily and the larger vehicles it knocks them over without a problem.

The Patriot Smoke is not at all good in my opinion. You have Red for a couple of seconds then white and then blue. Unless you have the brake and burn your tyres you won't get to see all three colours when setting off because you can't spin the tyres long enough to get all three colours going. I tried getting slides going, but when the slide breaks it resets and starts at red again, so I can sometimes get red and then white but not blue. Maybe the muscle cars would be better especially the ratloader for getting long slides.

I really hope I can keep my fireworks stocked up after the event is over because that maybe one of my favourite weapons. Pricey at around $59k for the launcher and $1.2k for 2 fireworks, BUT I shot one at a car and it knocked the car on 2 wheels onto its side for a second. I then fired one at some AI pedestrians and it killed them easily. I can see people going around in online lobbies trying to kill each other with the firework launcher. I think R* missed a trick with this, because if they had a special firework that unlocks when you kill a few hundred people, not AI, then many of us would be trying to unlock it and have to then spend $1.2k for 2 rockets at a time. Which would earn them some money from shark cards. I robbed a convenience store by aiming the firework launcher at the clerk and after he gave me the money I fired it at him and it blew him over the counter. I thought he was dead and then a couple of seconds later he got up and ran off.

Masks are around $27-$30k each and they do look good. Clothes are in the form of stars and stripes and the flag.

The Patriot Smoke is not at all good in my opinion. You have Red for a couple of seconds then white and then blue. Unless you have the brake and burn your tyres you won't get to see all three colours when setting off because you can't spin the tyres long enough to get all three colours going. I tried getting slides going, but when the slide breaks it resets and starts at red again, so I can sometimes get red and then white but not blue. Maybe the muscle cars would be better especially the ratloader for getting long slides.

It's looks pretty cool for the PARACHUTE JUMPS though. Was totally worth the $30.000!

It's looks pretty cool for the PARACHUTE JUMPS though. Was totally worth the $30.000!

Yea the parachute one looks good, just not the tyre one, unless you like doing lots of standing burn outs.

What was weird is that I didn't have to buy mine. I brought up the parachute in ammunation and the Patriot smoke was already equipped. I think it's got something to do with the parachute smoke bug. Every time before when I go into ammunation it never comes up as my crew smoke and every time I put it on crew smoke and come into another session it will change it to no smoke or black smoke or something else but not my crew smoke. It has been bugging me for a long time now.

Yea the parachute one looks good, just not the tyre one, unless you like doing lots of standing burn outs.

Just tested it and I love it but as you said only if you like doing burn outs. Still waiting for the UNDERGLOWS hope they'll put it in the game eventually.

What was weird is that I didn't have to buy mine. I brought up the parachute in ammunation and the Patriot smoke was already equipped. I think it's got something to do with the parachute smoke bug. Every time before when I go into ammunation it never comes up as my crew smoke and every time I put it on crew smoke and come into another session it will change it to no smoke or black smoke or something else but not my crew smoke. It has been bugging me for a long time now.

Could be. I had to buy each for 30k to get them.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Just tested it and I love it but as you said only if you like doing burn outs. Still waiting for the UNDERGLOWS hope they'll put it in the game eventually.

I was thinking to buy the pure black tint on my 20 vehicles, but when I saw it was $10k each and only slightly darker than limo, I decided to leave it for now as that would cost me $200k in total. The other reason is that I am hoping they bring mirrored tint for the vehicles. I think with certain paint jobs, the mirrored tint would improve the look of some of my vehicles.

I never thought about underglows, that would look awesome on some of my vehicles.

I was thinking to buy the pure black tint on my 20 vehicles, but when I saw it was $10k each and only slightly darker than limo, I decided to leave it for now as that would cost me $200k in total. The other reason is that I am hoping they bring mirrored tint for the vehicles. I think with certain paint jobs, the mirrored tint would improve the look of some of my vehicles.

Huh tell me about it, had to do it for all my 15 vehicles!

I never thought about underglows, that would look awesome on some of my vehicles.

I know right imagine at night everyone with different colors just like in NEED FOR SPEED, MIDNIGHT CLUB L.A. or Fast and Furious! Beautiful and not too cheesy at all.

For SURVIVAL I can confirm you'll get now $30.000 for completing all 10 waves instead of the usual $20.000. RP still the same like 3.400 + the kills!

Not really worth it at all since you have to pay like +10k for the ammo at the end anyway.

Guys quick question:

I don't know if this was already in 1.14 but I got a random call from Lester to take out a target for him in a public session!? It was a NPC, took it down and got $3.000 as a reward but still a wanted level and bad mental state. It's alright but for only 3k not really worth it.