F1 Season 2011 - team order allowed again

daenius

Here's the official announcement that I mentioned yesterday to some people of our racing group already:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/12/11596.html

This is absolutely preposterous and absurd, and has lost the FIA the last ounce of respect I had for them (if I ever had any).

I just can't understand why they would re-allow the team order, especially after a season like this. On the other hand, Jean Todt (ex-Ferrari) is the head of the FIA, so it really doesn't surprise me that much :/

Hopefully Red Bull will continue to dominate F1 as one of the last teams that are not going to allow a team order in any scenario.

Any opinions on this? Nick?

You know Dan, i think i would rather have sex with a blender than accept this :o

I know Team orders are near impossible to enforce as they are so hard to prove, but to completely stop trying to deal with it is not the right stance. They say that drivers and teams can still have penalties issued under 151 for bringing the sport into disrep, but to be honest i think the FIA should be penalised under this clause for doing just what its there for. We'll see how the season plays out though, it may not be so bad. But yesterday was not the most highly respected day in the history of the sport in my opinion. It all depends on how strict the FIA are with 151 issues.

That french turd heading the FIA is so funny, hes going to enforce the no team orders rule? HE'S the little toad thats responsible for all the fuss in the first place, geez I never thought I'd wish Max was back.

Lol, i know. Bernnie Ecclestone is a right twat as well. He said the 3 new teams were all a waste of time and shouldnt be in F1, lets see what he says when Lotus take a constructors title in 5 years time like Red Bull did (maybe of course). He blammed Max Mosely for dropping the budgets to allowe them to join. To be fair people really over reacted to the Mosely issue, in my opinion, people can do whatever they want behind closed doors, it doesnt affect his ability to do the job, but oh well.

To add some more wood to the fire (btw this is preposterous), this is a report I just read on an Austrian sports website, I am just going to quote my personal highlight:

Ferrari-Teamchef Stefano Domenicali hat die Streichung des Teamorderverbots in der Formel 1 euphorisch begrüßt. „Endlich haben wir uns von dieser unsinnigen Heuchelei verabschiedet“, sagte Domenicali und betonte: „Wir haben die Formel 1 immer als Teamsport betrachtet. Und das herkömmliche Regulativ sieht ohnehin vor, wie man Extremsituationen löst.

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has euphorically welcomed letting go of the team order: "Finally we have said goodbye to this hypocrisy" Domenicali said and continued: "We have always seen F1 as a team sport, and the regular rules already state how to solve extreme situations."

This is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Shows again why Ferrari has the reputation it has.

They might as well come to the grid in Dubai, tell the press which driver will have the support of the team and get it over with for the rest of the season.

Ferrari are a bunch of <expletive> backed by some former Ferrari midget presiding over the FIA...

On the other hand, the likes of Williams can easily say that Maldonado will try and take out the leading Ferrari driver every single race; it's all about sportsmanship trying not to let someone pass, is it?

Sports is being ruined...

2013 they are gonna ditch the current V8-engines and replace them with "fuel-efficient" V4 and diminish the cubic capacity by 40% and lower the revs to a maximum of 12,000rpm and the obligation to run "bio based fuel compounds".... :mad::mad::mad:

Have you never heard about the 1980's?

Small capacity turbo engines, lower revs, massive power and torque outputs, I would miss current V8 screamers, much as I miss the V10 and V12 eras, but this isn't really a step back.

• 3 weeks later...