Kinect PlayFit

Kinkimono

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good to hear about Once Upon a Monster. I'll have to check if any of my playing last week counted.

Of course, I already got and completed Let's Cheer!, but whatever.

after playing through the entire game i checked back in Kinect playfit and it didnt count. So chapters 4 through 6 didnt count any, and neither did 1. So when i got the calories to register it was on one of the mini games in chapter 2 or 3.

So i've been playing Leela (yea, I know...) anyways, only about half of the game will count towards calories. The meditation half will register zero calories, which makes sense as you are only breathing really. But the other "activities" do register some calories, though very, very little. Something to keep in mind for those thinking about this game.

after playing through the entire game i checked back in Kinect playfit and it didnt count. So chapters 4 through 6 didnt count any, and neither did 1. So when i got the calories to register it was on one of the mini games in chapter 2 or 3.

So i've been playing Leela (yea, I know...) anyways, only about half of the game will count towards calories. The meditation half will register zero calories, which makes sense as you are only breathing really. But the other "activities" do register some calories, though very, very little. Something to keep in mind for those thinking about this game.

Ugh, I just ordered both of these games but I guess I need to find out which minigames or activities in these games count towards the PlayFit calorie counter...

What do you guys think the best four games for getting easy calories are? So far from this thread it looks like Dance Central 2, Happy Action Theater, and maybe Junk Fu are the best so far?

I'll go through and add whoever had posted in this thread for the friend achievements, I'm attempting to get it as well.

Whoever else needs it my tag is Adorkablee.

Also, I just played through some of Star Wars and no calories were added. :( I did the Galactic Dance Off figuring that's what would have counted. Am I doing something wrong or is it probably just Playfit being dumb?

Ugh, I just ordered both of these games but I guess I need to find out which minigames or activities in these games count towards the PlayFit calorie counter...

Once you get Leela, do ONLY the "PLAY" side if you want any calories to count. Though again, not much will register (I'm talking after a "session" of playing for half an hour or so, you might get 50 or so calories burnt)

Anyone else had a problem getting the 4-day streak achievement?

Played 2 days, got the 2-day achievement, third day it registered as a 3-day streak, fourth day it was back to 1 again. No achievement. :(

No trouble here either

Yep, I picked up Leela and it burns so very few calories. I don't know why this "game" was chosen as one of the PlayFit titles. I was actually interested in it, and figured it would help with PlayFit, but no, definitely not a good PlayFit title.

Also, I just played through some of Star Wars and no calories were added. :( I did the Galactic Dance Off figuring that's what would have counted. Am I doing something wrong or is it probably just Playfit being dumb?

I had the same problem with Star Wars, which is actually a bad game for this (unfortunately it's the only one I have right now.)

The second you step away from the game and re-enter, you are no longer on your profile. You are entered as "guest."

Even if you boot up Galactic Dance off right away without leaving the play area, you will sign in as a guest if you just continue. You HAVE to wave on sign in and choose your profile AGAIN before the song starts.

I tried this for 2 hours today, got nothing; did one song, got nothing; then made sure the profile in the upper left of the screen said my gamertag, did one song, and got 13 calories.

What should be in the hundreds is only at 66 at the time of this post. BE CAREFUL IF USING STAR WARS!

BTW there should really be a separate game forum for PlayFit, since each game seems to be quirky and separate threads could be helpful.

Edited by Benmahalf X

Anyone else had a problem getting the 4-day streak achievement?

Played 2 days, got the 2-day achievement, third day it registered as a 3-day streak, fourth day it was back to 1 again. No achievement. :(

This happened to me but not my husband. Needless to say I'm freaking annoyed.

On another note though, look at post #45 HERE because this guy claims that the Just Dance series calories are counting even though they aren't listed as a supported game. I can't confirm this but if you have one of those you can try those out.

It counts calories for Just Dance Greatest Hits and Just Dance 3. I just got done playing Just Dance 3 and checked PlayFit a few minutes ago. My calorie count increased and the Tourist cheevo popped.

The only game of the 11 that says it works with PlayFit I have over 250 calories burned in is Dance Central 2. So since I got Tourist some other games are being counted towards that cheevo as well.

I always enable Sweat Mode on the above two games, I don't know if it has any relevance to the calories being counted for Playfit.

Leela: I've burned over 500 on Leela alone from just two sessions... try the harder ones on play, or do the last two on "sequence". I think intuition and power are the big 'burners'. Not sure as I got those calories going for the 'play all sequences' cheevo (still don't have).

Surprised more people aren't talking about YourShape on this thread... I workout with it every day (for nine days now) for at least 45 minutes and I have only 127 calories on it. Been told this has to do with Kinect ID...

Feel free to add me for relay cheevos... have 1k atm and am active daily.

Leela: I've burned over 500 on Leela alone from just two sessions... try the harder ones on play, or do the last two on "sequence". I think intuition and power are the big 'burners'. Not sure as I got those calories going for the 'play all sequences' cheevo (still don't have).

Yeah, as soon as I got to "Power", it jumped way up, and "Love" is giving just as many.

i have 9236 calories burned if anyone wants to add me for the 100k achievement,

i also have a problem with calories being added to my total calories,i got the 9236 calories from just dance greatest hits (apparantly not supported but heh who's complaining) on loading the app up,since then it has not added any calories to my total,it's counting them in the supported games section,i've gotten over 400 showing on junk fu and another 200+ on just cheer,but this damn app just wont add them to my total calories burned,anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Stefb: that's a new one. the latest problem I've heard of from other forums is peoples calories being taken away (everyday they have fewer tallied). If you haven't tried deleting/reloading I assure you this doesn't reset your consecutive days count nor your calories burned.

P3rf3ct: unfortunately YourShape'12 is all jacked up for PlayFit. http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/207-Your-Shape-Fitness-Evolved-2012

.... this is an ubisoft forum where some good ideas are being tossed around as to why exactly that is. It seems to be a Kinect ID problem (as soon as she says "where did you go", like if you step away for even a second, it stops registering calories toward PlayFit.)

Sorry to double post, didn't want to make a new thread:

since YourShape isn't working for the "burn 600 calories in four games" achievement I need a recomendation. Is Junk Fu worth the 240msp? If I have to break down and do one of the kiddie games which one would u guys recomend for not being painfully boring?